Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Post bug reports here please!

Old 05-17-2016, 06:35 PM   #1
JcBoscan
Minors (Single A)

AI trading players and then releasing days later

I had several AI trades before the 2016 season, including Giancarlo Stanton for Chris Davis (several other players involved, too.) A few days after the trade, everyone was released. It happened for a few other trades, too.

Last edited by JcBoscan; 05-17-2016 at 06:37 PM.
JcBoscan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:45 PM   #2
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcBoscan View Post
I had several AI trades before the 2016 season, including Giancarlo Stanton for Chris Davis (several other players involved, too.) A few days after the trade, everyone was released. It happened for a few other trades, too.
What type of league? I thought the current day roster set was based on opening day. Is this an ongoing league from v16? Can you show screenshots?

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:53 PM   #3
JcBoscan
Minors (Single A)

No. OOTP17. It was just a regular out-of-the-box 2016 startup with the latest patch. Had all of the leagues involved (Japanese, Korean, Independent, etc.) so it starts in mid-March.
Attached Images

Last edited by JcBoscan; 05-17-2016 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:59 PM   #4
JcBoscan
Minors (Single A)

Did it for some other trades, too. Here's the transactions for a few days.
Attached Images
Old 05-17-2016, 07:08 PM   #5
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Thanks. This is what my out of the box 2016 startup done less than 15 minutes ago shows.

The big question is, why are they different?
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 05-17-2016, 07:09 PM   #6
JcBoscan
Minors (Single A)

Never mind. I figured it out - had a setting messed up with team control. My fault - feel free to delete thread.

Pretty sure I was in control of everybody (not trades but active roster moves) and when they were traded I didn't assign them in the organization so they were released.

Last edited by JcBoscan; 05-17-2016 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:12 PM   #7
JcBoscan
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Thanks. This is what my out of the box 2016 startup done less than 15 minutes ago shows.

The big question is, why are they different?
If you start with all the leagues involved, like the Japenese and Korean leagues, it starts in mid-March. If it's just MLB it's April 1.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:12 PM   #8
RchW
Hall Of Famer

I'm confused.

What does team control have to do with different start dates in the MLB Quickstart?

Please explain more. This thread should not be deleted.

RichW

Old 05-17-2016, 07:16 PM   #9
JcBoscan
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
I'm confused.

What does team control have to do with different start dates in the MLB Quickstart?

Please explain more. This thread should not be deleted.
When you're setting up a league, it has all the boxes that you can check so you can include the different leagues like Japanese, Korean, etc. If you check all of them the game starts in mid-March instead of April 1 because a few of the non-MLB leagues start earlier.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:37 PM   #10
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcBoscan View Post
When you're setting up a league, it has all the boxes that you can check so you can include the different leagues like Japanese, Korean, etc. If you check all of them the game starts in mid-March instead of April 1 because a few of the non-MLB leagues start earlier.
OK. That has nothing to do with team control AFAIK. It's a different QS called "majors".

I'll run this QS until opening week but not until tomorrow. Sorry.

RichW

Old 07-09-2016, 02:13 PM   #11
discodude5
Major Leagues

I just created a fictional league and have noticed this happen.

I have some options turned off like waivers but do have the 40 man and 1 level of minors and financials on.
In these trades they have been 1 for 1 so the new player just slots in to the 40 man to replace the other player.

When I noticed this I went into commissioner mode and edited the players to be on the teams they got traded to and they stayed.
discodude5 is offline   Reply With Quote