Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 10-25-2014, 11:11 AM   #1
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

I had no idea you had to set the Sabermetric PCM's for feeder leagues.

I was searching the forums to learn more about how sabermetric pcm's affect traditional pcm's and ran across a thread from 2007 http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...tric-pcms.html. In it, it said that players that enter the feeder leagues use their own spcm's rather than using the parent leagues. It was suggested that if you jack the spcm's for the college and hs feeders to 3, that you will get jacked up players in the draft. I tried this and after 4 years, all the draftees had true ratings of 200's.

So then I thought that I needed to raise the pcm's for my feeders to closely match my parent league. The thought was if I set the pcm's closer to 1(default), then the feeder players would have the potential of the current ML'ers. But that resulted in everyone hitting their potential too soon.

So I cannot figure out if the spcm's affect potential or current ratings. BTW, everything is standard in my test league. Except for the spcm's that I'm changing.

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:27 AM   #2
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Ok my next test was when I put the feeder spcm's back to normal but changed the ML spcm's to 3. All the potentials were way up but their current rating was appropriate to a feeder player.

What I am getting from this is you must set the ML spcm to what you want the potential to be and the feeder spcm's is a percentage of development by the time they leave. So if I want my college guys coming out at 65% developed and HS at 40% I would want to set the spcm's at .65 and .40 respectively.

Would anyone please let me know if my assumptions are correct?

This may already be common knowledge but the PCM's and league total modifiers are one of the last parts of this game that I'm still trying to figure out.

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

Old 10-25-2014, 11:30 AM   #3
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Ok I'm back to being confused. I jacked up the PCM's to 3 and put the SPCM's back to one and now my draft class has massive current ratings and potentials. So how exactly do these all work together?

Old 05-12-2015, 09:21 AM   #4
BostonRS14
All Star Starter

Anyone have any advice on this one?

I'm running into a similar problem.

My draftees are too advanced. One year out of getting selected and they are regulars in the majors. Looking for a realistic advancement through the minors (have a regular MLB set up with NCAA DI, DII and HS feeders).
BostonRS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:08 PM   #5
McLite
Minors (Single A)

Per the manual it's only when the league is created...the subsequent years are created from the parent league.
Sabermetric Player Creation Modifiers

Sabermetric PCMs can be used for either major leagues or minor leagues, but they are recommended for minor league use only because of their more unpredictable results compared to Traditional OOTP PCMs. When used for minor leagues, Sabermetric PCMs affect only the quality of players generated when the league is first created. They do not affect the quality of new players created in subsequent years - that aspect is controlled solely by the PCM's used by the relevant major league. During initial league creation, the effects of minor league PCM's are cumulative with major league PCM's, so that players created for a AAA league affiliated to a major league with PCM's of 0.5 across the board will be about half as good as players created for a AAA league affiliated to a major league with PCM's of 1.0 across the board, assuming that both AAA leagues have the same minor league PCM's.
McLite is offline   Reply With Quote