Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 01-15-2017, 12:14 PM   #1
mcnorth
Bat Boy

The "Where Is the _____?" Thread

New to the game and having a lot of fun with it... but I'm having some trouble finding things and the Online Manual tells me what I can do, but not where those options exist.

In Historical Mode - where is the League edit screen? I've already started a season but right now I can't edit how often trades occur, don't seem to have the option to trade draft picks, and can't select the 'edit' button...

Are there certain times the edit button is locked? If so - when?

Also, in Historical Mode, do I have the option to 'undo' player moves the other teams make b.c I have commissioner mode enabled? Or do the commish powers not extend that far?

Also, is there an easy way to see which players go on waivers?

Thanks!
mcnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 01:59 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

It's only available on July 1 - league edits have to be made on that date, as changes to the league rules in mid-season could have game-breaking effects.

There's no specific undo button, but you could always just edit the players back to their original, pre-trade, teams (however, there's a good chance that the AI may try to make the same trade again - it presumably had a reason for doing so in the first place.)

Easiest place to see current waivers is your home screen - click on the little house icon right beside the forward/back arrow buttons.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:25 AM   #3
kexet
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Jeff maybe you could make hall of fame accessible in historical(sandbox custom) too. Cant get to it since its under international in a regular game
kexet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 02:51 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Ah, good point, we need to move that someplace like the manager menu.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:18 AM   #5
mcnorth
Bat Boy

Is there a 'quick' way to replace a player in your line-up?

If I have a player out for a single game there's quite a few places I may need to plug in his replacement - and I have the sense I may be missing the 'easy' way to do this (as in replace injured player A with Player B in every slot).

Also, if there isn't one, it might be easier to bring your three healthy scratches onto the line set-up screen to accommodate this kind of quick replace/move.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:27 PM   #6
mcnorth
Bat Boy

Is there somewhere you can see the 'available roles' for the different offensive/defensive strategies? Or do they not differ on a line-by-line basis dependent upon the strategy you choose to employ?
Old 01-23-2017, 03:50 AM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnorth View Post
Is there a 'quick' way to replace a player in your line-up?

If I have a player out for a single game there's quite a few places I may need to plug in his replacement - and I have the sense I may be missing the 'easy' way to do this (as in replace injured player A with Player B in every slot).

Also, if there isn't one, it might be easier to bring your three healthy scratches onto the line set-up screen to accommodate this kind of quick replace/move.
Not an easy way to make a one-click replacement of an injured player yet. Trying to think of one that won't require a major UI rewrite.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:52 AM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnorth View Post
Is there somewhere you can see the 'available roles' for the different offensive/defensive strategies? Or do they not differ on a line-by-line basis dependent upon the strategy you choose to employ?
They do (except for the fourth line/pair, which can always be set freely.) But they're only displayed on the tactical roles popup right now; I think we're going to need to find a way to list them in the Tactics tab of the strategy screen (where the tactic descriptions are) for reference.
Old 01-25-2017, 03:56 AM   #9
peter.
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Is there a way to see which player retire after the season in PtG ?
peter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 05:21 PM   #10
mcnorth
Bat Boy

I have my sandbox historical set up so that teams get their actual historic draft picks - problem is I'm often running into players who, when I go to renew their contracts, it states that they "haven't been drafted yet" - which makes it basically impossible to renegotiate.

Is there something I need to click/do so the game recognizes that, yes, that player has been drafted?

Last edited by mcnorth; 01-25-2017 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:12 PM   #11
mcnorth
Bat Boy

Do you get access to international tournaments in sandbox historical? Was there something I needed to select when I was originally starting this save? Or is that in a different mode?
Old 02-05-2017, 10:14 AM   #12
Bigdummie
Major Leagues

I decided to start a career, hired by a team from Federal Hockey league and have only 13 players on the team. Where do I find players to sign? I have fiddled around with the menu, but am drawing a blank. Is there a help file for these kind of starting out questions? Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by Bigdummie; 02-05-2017 at 10:15 AM.
Bigdummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:58 AM   #13
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdummie View Post
I decided to start a career, hired by a team from Federal Hockey league and have only 13 players on the team. Where do I find players to sign? I have fiddled around with the menu, but am drawing a blank. Is there a help file for these kind of starting out questions? Thanks for any advice.
Clicking on "Free Agent Centre" in the Team + League Controls - Team menu is the easiest option, that'll give you a list of every available free agent.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:17 AM   #14
Bigdummie
Major Leagues

Thank You for the info. I will check it out.
Bigdummie is offline   Reply With Quote