Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 12-23-2016, 10:16 AM   #1
Kapi96
Bat Boy

Why only 1 league and no international for custom games?

What`s the reason for only allowing 1 league to be created in custom games? And why aren`t international competitions available for custom games?

Ideally I`d like OOTP level customisation, but even with the more limited customisation offered in FHM so far I don`t really understand why these things aren`t available already.
Kapi96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 06:00 PM   #2
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

Fictional isn't the primary focus of the devs right now, and won't be for a while. They want to get the modern day game right before options trickle down to fictional like that.

I know it's disappointing, because I'm a huge fictional player as well and can't wait for the day international tournaments become available to fictional as well, but their numbers suggest modern is the most popular mode so better to sell to the masses. There's still plenty of issues in custom games that could use work like scheduling, league structures, expansion, etc. but those will just come later down the road if we're lucky, probably when those things are addressed in modern. Plus have to take into account OOTP is in its 17th (going on 18th) edition while FHM is still relatively new. So it won't be on the same level yet.
Old 12-23-2016, 10:18 PM   #3
Kapi96
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord PichuPal View Post
Fictional isn't the primary focus of the devs right now, and won't be for a while. They want to get the modern day game right before options trickle down to fictional like that.

I know it's disappointing, because I'm a huge fictional player as well and can't wait for the day international tournaments become available to fictional as well, but their numbers suggest modern is the most popular mode so better to sell to the masses. There's still plenty of issues in custom games that could use work like scheduling, league structures, expansion, etc. but those will just come later down the road if we're lucky, probably when those things are addressed in modern. Plus have to take into account OOTP is in its 17th (going on 18th) edition while FHM is still relatively new. So it won't be on the same level yet.
While I don`t doubt that modern would still be the most popular mode regardless I think it would also be fair to assume that fictional would be more popular if it wasn`t so basic and bare.
Kapi96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 12:00 AM   #4
GMO123
Major Leagues

I also would like more leagues in fictional play.
Maybe it might be possible to keep the same structure as in Modern but use fictional players instead of real players.
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 02:46 AM   #5
DaximusPrimus
Major Leagues

I'm hoping that one day we can have multiple competing pro, semi-pro and junior leagues in one fictional setting.
DaximusPrimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 11:09 AM   #6
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapi96 View Post
While I don`t doubt that modern would still be the most popular mode regardless I think it would also be fair to assume that fictional would be more popular if it wasn`t so basic and bare.
Exactly this. It's the reason, after buying the first 2 versions, I'll be out for the foreseeable future on this game. The people who set it up seem fairly unconcerned by those that aren't buying due to focusing on the RtG mode though, so best of luck to them.
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 02:03 PM   #7
DaximusPrimus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacgreg37 View Post
Exactly this. It's the reason, after buying the first 2 versions, I'll be out for the foreseeable future on this game. The people who set it up seem fairly unconcerned by those that aren't buying due to focusing on the RtG mode though, so best of luck to them.
I think it has more to do with focusing on the part that people play more and getting that right rather than trying to work on the full spectrum and getting none of it right.
I'd prefer they get RtG to a near perfect state then work on Sandox and Historical after.
Old 12-25-2016, 09:18 PM   #8
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaximusPrimus View Post
I think it has more to do with focusing on the part that people play more and getting that right rather than trying to work on the full spectrum and getting none of it right.
I'd prefer they get RtG to a near perfect state then work on Sandox and Historical after.
I get that, and I get that that is their argument. My, along with many other people's, argument is that there is no "perfect or near perfect RtG mode" as it is just not that exciting, and the lack of options make the replay ability very low.
Old 12-26-2016, 02:06 AM   #9
DaximusPrimus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacgreg37 View Post
I get that, and I get that that is their argument. My, along with many other people's, argument is that there is no "perfect or near perfect RtG mode" as it is just not that exciting, and the lack of options make the replay ability very low.
I am not a huge fan of RtG myself. I'm a sandbox and historical guy myself but that isn't the fault of them it's the fault of everyone that did or didn't vote in the poll when they put it up.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:15 PM   #10
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaximusPrimus View Post
I am not a huge fan of RtG myself. I'm a sandbox and historical guy myself but that isn't the fault of them it's the fault of everyone that did or didn't vote in the poll when they put it up.
This 100%. Fictional would be great but in the infancy of the game, as much as i dont like the NHL game, im fine with it until things are worked out.
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 07:05 PM   #11
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

Yeah, the fictional in the first game was far from perfect with all its bugs, but they really have made strides to fix that, to some degree. I know there are a lot of things I want to see included like more flexible schedules or structures, having the minor league expand with the pros, things like that. But we just have to wait. And honestly it's better than nothing. It functions well enough to get the job done in my eyes, and no other game out there gives us this option. May as well support it.
Old 12-27-2016, 10:14 PM   #12
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord PichuPal View Post
Yeah, the fictional in the first game was far from perfect with all its bugs, but they really have made strides to fix that, to some degree. I know there are a lot of things I want to see included like more flexible schedules or structures, having the minor league expand with the pros, things like that. But we just have to wait. And honestly it's better than nothing. It functions well enough to get the job done in my eyes, and no other game out there gives us this option. May as well support it.
Yeah, it's a double-edged sword for them. They tell us, honestly, what they're working on, and it makes some happy, and pisses others off. I was willing to buy/support the first 2 thinking that they were working towards what my ideal game would be. Now, hearing that the PtG mode is the main/primary/almost only focus for the near future, it's not a game I'm interested in. I'm not going to pay/support for something that will not be a game I'm interested in playing this year. That said, if they change their focus in the future, I'll be back in.