Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-28-2014, 11:12 AM   #1
KJDelaney
All Star Reserve

Last Patch Question

I hear all of the MLB team names have changed with the last patch if you are starting a new game. Do all of the minor league team names change too?
KJDelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:28 AM   #2
endgame
Hall Of Famer

That's my understanding, with newly created leagues, yes.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:20 PM   #3
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Yes, they do. You can use the Quickstart linked in my signature if you want proper names.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:48 PM   #4
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
Yes, they do. You can use the Quickstart linked in my signature if you want proper names.
I wonder if we could put your QuickStart somewhere so it could accessible and easy find for anyone to use.

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:02 PM   #5
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padreman View Post
I wonder if we could put your QuickStart somewhere so it could accessible and easy find for anyone to use.
Whatever do you mean? It's readily available for download in the roster section of the Mod Forum.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:08 PM   #6
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padreman View Post

The problem with hosting it to OOTPMODS.com is the MLB could contact the site's admins and issue a cease and desist in regards to hosting it. The fact is I'm a little worried about all the MLB stuff on OOTPMODS.com now as it is.
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music; The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice."

Note to self: Princess Kenny was really off-putting.
megamanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:27 PM   #7
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamanmatt View Post
The problem with hosting it to OOTPMODS.com is the MLB could contact the site's admins and issue a cease and desist in regards to hosting it. The fact is I'm a little worried about all the MLB stuff on OOTPMODS.com now as it is.
If they ask for that stuff to be taken down, it will be taken down. But they haven't asked yet. You're acting like the MLB is going to see something hosted on OOTPMods and immediately take legal action, but like you said, the most they can do is issue a C&D; legal action would ONLY follow if the offending mods were left up. And if they do request them to be taken down, I would expect the site to take it down. And that'll be the end of that. I don't see the point in worrying about how the MLB MIGHT do something about OOTPMods... either they do or they don't, so it doesn't matter what gets hosted there now.

EDIT: I'm also not submitting the Quickstart to OOTPMods, however. If someone wants to do it, they can, but I'm planning on releasing a new one for every patch, just in case. So I don't want to go through the hassle of constantly requesting the current QS to be taken down and hosting the new one. And I'm positive Markus will get something worked out with the MLB for OOTP16, so there will be little need for it after that point.

Last edited by Fyrestorm3; 05-28-2014 at 04:29 PM.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:30 PM   #8
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
What Fyre said. He and both have a copy of both files, so don't worry, they won't get lost or go away no matter what happens.

It's not the Apocalypse yet, and sensible precautions are already being taken. Relax and have a beer; no worries, mate.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:45 PM   #9
Tram2Whitaker
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamanmatt View Post
I wouldn't worry so much about that. The logo packs have been there for years, and nothing's happened. Personally, I don't see how this is infringement (as opposed to the logo packs): I can say Detroit, no problem; I can say Tigers, no problem; Detroit Tigers, now there's a problem. Using proper names with generic logos is not infringing on the MLB. If OOTP include logos, I could see the issue; the fact that one could simply import the logos could also be an issue. This is just ridiculous.