Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-05-2014, 03:24 PM   #141
texasmame
All Star Starter

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see the nicknames except on the player's main page. I wish they would use them in PbP and such!

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:53 PM   #142
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
I believe they were trying to help. And verbally abused? A little strong dont you think?

It is a good discussion and seems like a good option to have so nice job with that.

I enjoy reading some verbal abuse from time to time, but I couldn't find any in this thread.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:03 PM   #143
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
I enjoy reading some verbal abuse from time to time, but I couldn't find any in this thread.
"So please hush up the whining now and apologize for all your ranting without having knowledge." That, my friend, is abuse. Especially because I was right and the abuser was wrong.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:06 PM   #144
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I believe they were trying to help. And verbally abused? A little strong dont you think?
See my post above.

Quote:
It is a good discussion and seems like a good option to have so nice job with that.
Thank you. It would have been a good thread except for the people in the wrong coming after me for daring to suggest that we needed this.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:27 PM   #145
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
"So please hush up the whining now and apologize for all your ranting without having knowledge." That, my friend, is abuse. Especially because I was right and the abuser was wrong.

I don't know Wolf. On the verbal abuse scale, that feels more like a curveball hitting your rump, than a fastball in your ribs. Wear some padded shorts if you have to Dude
Old 05-05-2014, 04:48 PM   #146
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
I don't know Wolf. On the verbal abuse scale, that feels more like a curveball hitting your rump, than a fastball in your ribs. Wear some padded shorts if you have to Dude
If I had written that, I would have been reviled for it and received a warning.

Old 05-05-2014, 04:50 PM   #147
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Again, I don't know and I guess it doesn't matter much. I understand your frustration thought as I don't use the MLB QS, but have seen this in my fictional gamr
Old 05-05-2014, 05:04 PM   #148
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

I still don't understand the debate here.
  • We can get rid of nicknames through some minor database editing. We're all aware of that.
  • Apparently, there's an issue with the MLB Quickstart that forces you to have nicknames, even if you delete them all and clear the nicknames file. That needs to be fixed.
  • A button/checkbox that either stops the game from creating nicknames or hides existing ones has been proposed, and seems like a reasonable suggestion, even if it's already possible to get rid of nicknames with export/import.

That's it. That's the only three points that have been brought up in this thread, and yet we're on Page 8. It honestly seems like argument for the sake of argument at this point.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:51 PM   #149
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
I still don't understand the debate here.
  • We can get rid of nicknames through some minor database editing. We're all aware of that.
  • Apparently, there's an issue with the MLB Quickstart that forces you to have nicknames, even if you delete them all and clear the nicknames file. That needs to be fixed.
  • A button/checkbox that either stops the game from creating nicknames or hides existing ones has been proposed, and seems like a reasonable suggestion, even if it's already possible to get rid of nicknames with export/import.

That's it. That's the only three points that have been brought up in this thread, and yet we're on Page 8. It honestly seems like argument for the sake of argument at this point.
If nobody else has any more bad things to say then I'm done too.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:19 PM   #150
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
lol

Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:21 PM   #151
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If nobody else has any more bad things to say then I'm done too.

In my best lady from Misery, "Poo-poo head!"
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote