Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 08-14-2014, 02:40 PM   #61
rj58
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
The advantage of being able to install OOTP on any hard drive on any machine at any time is what makes a Steam purchase so valuable to some of us.
Quite agreed. Gaming for me is a hobby.. and all the messing about with uninstalling/reinstalling to stay within license requirements is gone with Steam.. since the Steam platform provides the license via its infrastructure.. as long as you can sign on, you're golden.
rj58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 03:11 PM   #62
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rj58 View Post
Quite agreed. Gaming for me is a hobby.. and all the messing about with uninstalling/reinstalling to stay within license requirements is gone with Steam.. since the Steam platform provides the license via its infrastructure.. as long as you can sign on, you're golden.
Exactly. And as long as you can access your email and Steam, you can sign on. It could hardly be simpler.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:42 PM   #63
Bill Veeck
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'd like to like Steam but I have to reboot my computer every time I want to start OOTP15. I've tried everything they suggest. Continually get "Failed to start game (app already running)" Rebooting every time.
Bill Veeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 07:20 PM   #64
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Veeck View Post
I'd like to like Steam but I have to reboot my computer every time I want to start OOTP15. I've tried everything they suggest. Continually get "Failed to start game (app already running)" Rebooting every time.
CTRL+ALT+Delete

Under processes, is OOTP15.exe running? If so, for some reason the process is not closing itself upon exiting the program. Try ending the process and trying to start the game again, it should launch without a restart.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 07:25 PM   #65
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Veeck View Post
Never seen this or even heard of it. I hate to say this, but it's most likely your system.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:42 PM   #66
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

My hard drive with all my installed applications went to that giant scrapyard in the sky recently. Since I have OOTP on Steam, it took 5 minutes after swapping out the dead drive to get Steam installed, and another 2 minutes to get OOTP installed. Within 10 minutes, I had my saved 2014 league back up and running with no data loss.
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:49 PM   #67
ra7c7er
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torognius View Post
My hard drive with all my installed applications went to that giant scrapyard in the sky recently. Since I have OOTP on Steam, it took 5 minutes after swapping out the dead drive to get Steam installed, and another 2 minutes to get OOTP installed. Within 10 minutes, I had my saved 2014 league back up and running with no data loss.
Steam saves local files to? or did you have a backup on a flash drive?
ra7c7er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:40 AM   #68
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

I have my OOTP data saved on a separate drive and backed up on an external drive as well.
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:40 AM   #69
enuttage
Hall Of Famer

I see the game is on sale on Steam again. But have y'all fixed the Steam interface issues where you cannot type text into fields without the Steam overlay popping up and freezing things?

I've said it before. I've bought every version of this game from v.2 till now (minus 13) and I simply cannot play the Steam version due to interface issues that I have with no other game.

When might that be fixed?

"When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look within and examine your own self."
enuttage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:03 AM   #70
Ramzavail
All Star Reserve

Never heard or seen that happen to me with ootp15 on steam and I have over 400 hours logged in already.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:29 AM   #71
enuttage
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail View Post
Never heard or seen that happen to me with ootp15 on steam and I have over 400 hours logged in already.
Good to hear.

I'd reported it some time ago. Duplicated for me across three different machines.

"When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look within and examine your own self."
Old 11-27-2014, 11:39 AM   #72
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Two things: Steam is now up to over 100 million users, and there's an OOTP holiday special on Steam. Happy gaming!

Old 11-27-2014, 11:42 AM   #73
enuttage
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Two things: Steam is now up to over 100 million users, and there's an OOTP holiday special on Steam. Happy gaming!
Just be aware that it may/may not be playable via Steam.

Sorry to be a downer, but I'm just a touch frustrated with the situation.

Old 11-27-2014, 12:17 PM   #74
davehibb
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enuttage View Post

I purchased OOTP15 via Steam last night and whilst I only got a few hours game play in, I had no problems at all and it was for the bargain price of just 11 quid!
davehibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 12:41 PM   #75
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I've been on Steam for a long time, and I have yet to hear of anyone else with your problem. Have you considered posting it in the Steam OOTP forum and seeing if anyone has a solution for it?

Old 11-27-2014, 12:56 PM   #76
enuttage
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've been on Steam for a long time, and I have yet to hear of anyone else with your problem. Have you considered posting it in the Steam OOTP forum and seeing if anyone has a solution for it?
Did so weeks ago. Brad gave some lip service to it, but no dice.

I don't understand how I'm having the problem on multiple machines. If it were just one, I'd chalk it up to a hardware problem, but I can duplicate it on my gaming box as well.

It sucks. ANY time you try and input text and use the SHIFT key, it auto-opens the Steam interface and then freezes until you ALT+TAB into another program (or sometimes multiples) and then back into OOTP. This happens EVERY time I use the SHIFT key, which as you can imagine is terribly painful during league setup.

On top of that, I'm unable to SHIFT+TAB into the Steam interface. That's not the end of the world, but is still annoying.

But the SHIFT key issue is absolutely game-breaking for me. I have to use caps lock and then disengage it for every single word I type with a capital letter. It's infuriating. League setup has gone from a joy to a terrible chore.

I've played about 30 hours to mess around with new features, but went to start a new league and just couldn't take it anymore.

But Markus has my money (again), and since I seem to be an outlier (I still don't know how as both my machines do this), I don't suspect it's going to get addressed.

Just warning others that if they have this issue, they're going to wish they bought the game outside of Steam.

So there it is. I'd highly suggest buying direct from OOTP if you want the game, no matter how much you enjoy the Steam interface/library functions. And I too have been on Steam a long time, Wolf. Almost a decade. This is the first and only game that has ever done this for me.

As usual, the game is great, but I'm done playing it until or if it gets fixed.

Last edited by enuttage; 11-27-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-27-2014, 01:23 PM   #77
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I don't understand how I'm having the problem on multiple machines. If it were just one, I'd chalk it up to a hardware problem, but I can duplicate it on my gaming box as well.

It sucks. ANY time you try and input text and use the SHIFT key, it auto-opens the Steam interface and then freezes until you ALT+TAB into another program (or sometimes multiples) and then back into OOTP. This happens EVERY time I use the SHIFT key, which as you can imagine is terribly painful during league setup.

On top of that, I'm unable to SHIFT+TAB into the Steam interface. That's not the end of the world, but is still annoying.

But the SHIFT key issue is absolutely game-breaking for me. I have to use caps lock and then disengage it for every single word I type with a capital letter. It's infuriating. League setup has gone from a joy to a terrible chore.

I've played about 30 hours to mess around with new features, but went to start a new league and just couldn't take it anymore.

But Markus has my money (again), and since I seem to be an outlier (I still don't know how as both my machines do this), I don't suspect it's going to get addressed.

Just warning others that if they have this issue, they're going to wish they bought the game outside of Steam.

So there it is. I'd highly suggest buying direct from OOTP if you want the game, no matter how much you enjoy the Steam interface/library functions. And I too have been on Steam a long time, Wolf. Almost a decade. This is the first and only game that has ever done this for me.

The problem with what you wrote is that since no one else has had this happen to them, you are doing OOTP on Steam a great disservice by telling people not to buy it. People have individual issues with the non-Steam version too, but they don't tell people not to buy it because they are having a unique issue.

Have you looked carefully into your Steam settings? I know it's a reach, but this is really weird.

Old 11-27-2014, 01:34 PM   #78
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The problem with what you wrote is that since no one else has had this happen to them, you are doing OOTP on Steam a great disservice by telling people not to buy it. People have individual issues with the non-Steam version too, but they don't tell people not to buy it because they are having a unique issue.

Have you looked carefully into your Steam settings? I know it's a reach, but this is really weird.
Also, it should be recalled that Steam is not just an online process. Steam is also a program that is installed on your computer and, like any other program, it could become corrupted for one reason or another.

Therefore, it might be a good idea to completely uninstall Steam and wipe out any AppData files and Registry entries that you can find (CCleaner is good for this but be careful), reboot, then install a fresh copy of Steam. That might do the trick.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 01:43 PM   #79
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I think the problem may be that you accidentally changed this setting to "shift" instead of "shift+tab"

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 224
Size:  43.9 KB

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 01:43 PM   #80
enuttage
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Also, it should be recalled that Steam is not just an online process. Steam is also a program that is installed on your computer and, like any other program, it could become corrupted for one reason or another.

Therefore, it might be a good idea to completely uninstall Steam and wipe out any AppData files and Registry entries that you can find (CCleaner is good for this but be careful), reboot, then install a fresh copy of Steam. That might do the trick.
Again, duplicated across multiple machines.

Wolf, I am not the only one. Brad even admits at the end of that thread that it is an issue they (appear to be) are aware of.

Alt+Tab issue :: Out of the Park Baseball 15 General Discussions

This is an OOTP/Steam problem.

Once again, not having the issue with any other game, nor have I ever.

I am simply sharing my experience as a caveat emptor.

I think I've explained myself well enough at this point. Markus, Andreas and Brad can either look into it and fix it, or not. Doesn't matter to me. But I'm not doing *them* a disservice either. I am a long-time client. I'm probably not going anywhere (might even buy the game again outside of Steam next year), but for new users it may make the difference between leaving a bad taste in their mouth or continuing to be a long-term customer.

My suggestion is not to not BUY the game. It's to consider my (and others') situation before buying it on STEAM. As much as I'd prefer to have my game via Steam, had I known this was an issue (that looks as if it may not be resolved), I'd've bought it via OOTP instead.

Simple as that.

Last edited by enuttage; 11-27-2014 at 01:44 PM.