Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-15-2014, 07:34 AM   #61
PsychoBulk
Minors (Double A)

Being a GM only man 3D is of no real consequence to me, that said i admire Markus and the team for having the balls to come out and lay it all out on the table upfront to their customer, no attempt to sugar coat things or cover it up, just telling it as it is, which i think people really do appreciate.

Theres no doubt it'll get better with each patch, this game always does, so theres nothing to worry about for those eagerly looking forward to 3D.

Roll on Friday!
PsychoBulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:49 AM   #62
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

No 3-D stadiums in the first release? No biggie. Now, if there had been no international leagues, THEN I might have unleashed some righteous indignation.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:14 AM   #63
JMDurron
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
That shouldn't be an issue, since Markus hired Jorin on a full-time basis to do nothing but work on 3D.
I would still expect an impact to testing timelines, as you'd still have to integrate everything Jorin has coded with everything Markus has coded and ensure they didn't accidentally step on each other somehow.

I'm not complaining, mind you, just trying to engage in some mild expectation management.
JMDurron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:31 AM   #64
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

What the Game needs is live Play by Play,Homerun Derby and so on.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:40 AM   #65
ecd1973
Major Leagues

Due to this atrocious delay of 3D functionality, I do expect that we will get fully modeled 3D stadiums for all Major and Minor league teams with moving fans and vendors walking up and down the aisles throwing mini 3D hot dogs at people. I think that is a fair trade for this horrendous breach of customer trust.

ecd1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:06 AM   #66
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejdog1 View Post
I came to this game for the GMing aspect of it, that's why I buy it year after year. As long as 3D mode doesn't alter that one iota... it's not anything I'll worry about.
My sentiments exactly. I'll enjoy 3D, perhaps, but it's not necessary to me.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:32 AM   #67
VARoadstter
Minors (Triple A)

I decided to upgrade this year in part because of 3D. It's not my sole reason but I will miss it. The team has a long history of getting problems worked out over the years so based on that I will give the benefit of the doubt and look for the day when 3D is fully realized as envisioned.

I definitely prefer the direct approach with dealing with issues rather that being "surprised" when customers report problems. That is one differentiation between this company and just about everyone else. Thanks for being straightforward and transparent about this.

Above all else, I am glad to have OOTP as it is one of my favorite titles of all time. My anxiety level always picks up after opening day until the latest version is released. Looking forward to seeing this year's edition.
VARoadstter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:36 AM   #68
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

If I could ship a case of fine Yuengling lager across the pond to Markus and co. in Germany, I would do so immediately. Instead, I'll raise my glass to them today and every day I play OOTP. You're a stand-up guy with hard-working people on your team who go above and beyond for all of us, and that's not even to mention that you have by far the best baseball game we could ever ask for.

Cheers!
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:11 AM   #69
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejdog1 View Post
I came to this game for the GMing aspect of it, that's why I buy it year after year. As long as 3D mode doesn't alter that one iota... it's not anything I'll worry about.

I do wonder though, if down the road, you'll maybe want to think about porting the game to consoles, if the game can be played ala MLB The Show, etc... because the front office side of this game is the best in the business. If you get graphics up to speed, there's no reason you can't take on MLBTS and even beat them.
This!
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:25 AM   #70
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

While I'm in favor if adding graphics. Importing to consoles is not what this game is about. Pressing buttons to make guys hit and run is not a sim.

To compete with mlbts, it would need to do all of that.

Granted, it would make Markus and co very rich.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:41 AM   #71
Go Tribe
All Star Starter

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
I'm fine with a delay in 3D - i can't even find cheap 3D glasses yet.
Go Tribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:53 AM   #72
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
While I'm in favor if adding graphics. Importing to consoles is not what this game is about. Pressing buttons to make guys hit and run is not a sim.

Markus and Co. simply don't have the money to be able to put together a AAA title like that. If anything, they survive in large part because games like MLB: The Show haven't bothered to invest in the manager and GM side of things (possibly because they would not recoup this investment). While there are still lots and lots of smaller game dev houses out there that still make neat titles, the days of a smaller house the size of OOTPD developing a AAA title are long in the past.

All that being said, I think that moving to a 3D overlay is a good first step to making the entire engine physics-based. I'm convinced that tracking hitfx and pitchfx ought to be the future of the franchise and I'm pleased to see that Markus seems to think that way as well.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:14 PM   #73
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
No status, as always. You can already do this with third-party programs. But, someday, it will be part of OOTP. But I do not know when
As loyal as I have been to OOTP over the years, this right here was the single biggest disappointment I've ever had. I still purchase and support throughout the years, have preordered 15, bought FHM and will buy BTS, but I really wish H2H was in the game in some capacity, not needing outside tools to do it.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:35 PM   #74
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

I have 3D Glasses so I'm ready. Seeing the Pitch being thrown,Manager arging with Umpire,Brawl and so on would be good.
Build Stadium/Dome from the Ground up,meaning we can pick where Restrooms go,what kind of Food Places to have,where to,buy the Team stuff and so on go and how many. In the News it might say Marlins are proposing a new 9,0000 Square foot Dome in downtown Miami Beach called Whales Dome and will have if approved Cheers Sports Bar and Grill,Burgerfi,4 Andy's Lemonade,Stands,3 Whales Shops,6 Whales Treat Booths,Pizza Hut.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:51 PM   #75
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
I have 3D Glasses so I'm ready. Seeing the Pitch being thrown,Manager arging with Umpire,Brawl and so on would be good.
Build Stadium/Dome from the Ground up,meaning we can pick where Restrooms go,what kind of Food Places to have,where to,buy the Team stuff and so on go and how many. In the News it might say Marlins are proposing a new 9,0000 Square foot Dome in downtown Miami Beach called Whales Dome and will have if approved Cheers Sports Bar and Grill,Burgerfi,4 Andy's Lemonade,Stands,3 Whales Shops,6 Whales Treat Booths,Pizza Hut.
I certainly understand the appeal of what you suggest, but if this is the direction OOTP goes in the future, there's the possibility I would not purchase subsequent versions. I'd prefer the game remain focused on being a manager/general manager and not an owner or stadium operator. Just my
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:46 PM   #76
Technetium
Bat Boy

Question. I know that the game will not ship with real stadium models, but will it essentially be as easy as going onto a forum here and looking for a stadium that a fan has made, and you just import it into the game and it works?
Technetium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:08 PM   #77
irrish
Bat Boy

wait a minute... dumb question... but i actually need to buy some 3D glasses? if so, not a biggie, amazon has a few cheap pairs.
irrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:25 PM   #78
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Quote:
Originally Posted by irrish View Post
wait a minute... dumb question... but i actually need to buy some 3D glasses? if so, not a biggie, amazon has a few cheap pairs.
no....
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:31 PM   #79
Cowboys3356
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post

I like pushing buttons...I like shiny buttons...push buttons...run faster...
Cowboys3356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:35 PM   #80
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Awwww...

Markus thanked me. Every time he does that I get a feeling like when you slide down the pole in gym class when you were 11.

Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote