Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-13-2014, 01:28 AM   #81
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezone13 View Post
I would also love, love, love to see manual selection of playoff teams...
I'm cooking something up, something I personally consider an enormous breakthrough in terms of playoff customization, not only for OOTP but also for FHM and BTS. The fruits of this effort wouldn't be seen until next year (at the earliest), but if it works out in practice close to how I envision it, the result would be the user being able to set up virtually any playoff format they want. And I mean that, virtually anything.

Still have some things to figure out, then I have to write it up as a comprehensive proposal and pass it along to the OOTP Developments powers-that-be, but I mention it now because I am very excited by the prospects it offers...
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:00 AM   #82
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler87898 View Post
What about batters babip?

Also, great feature list guys. Can't wait!
Yes, forgot about it... batter's BABIP is there too.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:17 AM   #83
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceej View Post
Park dimensions are officially becoming meaningful

What will I see, though, if I historically simmed from the dead ball era into the 1920s and beyond? Even parks that had few changes to their dimensions during their lifespans (Forbes Field), no changes (Sportsman's Park III) or got BIGGER (Polo Grounds post-1923) still had their inside-the-park homer rates plummet in the 1910s-early '20s and continue to steadily decline into the '50s.
Yes, that is being taken care of by adjusting the % in the game engine automatically. My test sims show a very realistic % of ITP HR compared to real life in each season now.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:27 AM   #84
JMDurron
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
They are tracked as accomplishments in the player history screen.
That's good to confirm.

Any chance of having them tracked as a regular stat in future versions?
JMDurron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:23 AM   #85
tejdog1
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbrabbit View Post
Markus,

can you elaborate the feature "- The application window can be resized to any size by dragging the corners / borders"? Not entirely sure what this means we can do.
It means OOTP now has the functionality of every other program that's been out since 1996.
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:25 AM   #86
tomwolf2008
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbrabbit View Post
Markus,

can you elaborate the feature "- The application window can be resized to any size by dragging the corners / borders"? Not entirely sure what this means we can do.
Right now, if you want to change the size of OOTP window, you need to enter the value yourself (meaning you need to enter Length: 1024, Width: 768, for example)

In the new version, you can resize it simply by dragging the corner/border of the program window
tomwolf2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:45 AM   #87
goalieump413
All Star Reserve

Yay! BABIP for batters!
goalieump413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:02 AM   #88
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The draft pool announcement can now be earlier, although the earliest is the start of the pre-season.
This won't help online leagues if the draft can't take place more than 75 days later. The draft must be revealed as soon as possible (preseason) and take place as late as possible (December) .

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:48 AM   #89
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
This won't help online leagues if the draft can't take place more than 75 days later. The draft must be revealed as soon as possible (preseason) and take place as late as possible (December) .
You can have the draft in December and the reveal date in February in OOTP 15.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:49 AM   #90
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejdog1 View Post
It means OOTP now has the functionality of every other program that's been out since 1996.
Well, we're special.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:58 AM   #91
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

OOTP 15 Feature List

For users who don't use ratings or only use potential ratings, will there be anything done to certain screens that are meant to show current ratings but is just empty space when ratings are off?

Could we have a drop down box to change what category is shown in those screens?

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 03-13-2014 at 11:59 AM.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:38 PM   #92
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
I would like too see a way(via Commish mode) where I can check mark many free agents and assign them to one particular team instead of adding them individually(very time consuming).
I would like that feature as well for minor leaguers.
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:40 PM   #93
oman19
All Star Starter

Quote:
That one is on my "Maybe-List"... so, if there is time, but probably not.

Would love to see this make it in!!!!!!!!

My OOTP wishlist: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-wishlist.html
oman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:42 PM   #94
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
I'm cooking something up, something I personally consider an enormous breakthrough in terms of playoff customization, not only for OOTP but also for FHM and BTS. The fruits of this effort wouldn't be seen until next year (at the earliest), but if it works out in practice close to how I envision it, the result would be the user being able to set up virtually any playoff format they want. And I mean that, virtually anything.

Still have some things to figure out, then I have to write it up as a comprehensive proposal and pass it along to the OOTP Developments powers-that-be, but I mention it now because I am very excited by the prospects it offers...
If the OOTP powers incorporate this along with your idea for accurate historical post-season scheduling, well..., that would be freaking awesome!
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:20 PM   #95
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejdog1 View Post
Wellllllll..... There is still no mass copy/cut and paste function.

The kind where can select multiple players, cut them, then paste them somewhere else...

Or mass select players and make group changes to them.

Last edited by drksd4848; 03-13-2014 at 01:22 PM.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:26 PM   #96
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post
Wellllllll..... There is still no mass copy/cut and paste function.

The kind where can select multiple players, cut them, then paste them somewhere else...

Or mass select players and make group changes to them.
You can do all that in the exported roster files. It'd be kind of tricky to cut and paste players in game after all
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:45 PM   #97
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
You can do all that in the exported roster files. It'd be kind of tricky to cut and paste players in game after all
Yeeeeeeeahhhh.

That's true I guess. I'm not very good at working with spread sheet programs, but I guess that's the solution. Wish we could do that in-program though.

You could do it in strat-o computer baseball though! <now I'll duck as rocks are hurled at my head>

The thing that really would be nice is to use the Shift-click function you see in other programs. For example, you want modify a group of players in some way. Select the first one you want modify, then shift-click the last one you want to modify... and boom, all the players you want are selected in a group, rather than having to select or select all, then deselect them individually. That's kind of annoying. I mean, livable... but annoying.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:55 PM   #98
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Yeeeeeeeahhhh.

That's true I guess. I'm not very good at working with spread sheet programs, but I guess that's the solution. Wish we could do that in-program though.

You could do it in strat-o computer baseball though! <now I'll duck as rocks are hurled at my head>
Just remember that you can change the .txt of the exported rosters to .csv if you do go that route. Much better.

Quote:
The thing that really would be nice is to use the Shift-click function you see in other programs. For example, you want modify a group of players in some way. Select the first one you want modify, then shift-click the last one you want to modify... and boom, all the players you want are selected in a group, rather than having to select or select all, then deselect them individually. That's kind of annoying. I mean, livable... but annoying.
Absolutely agree.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:48 PM   #99
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, we're special.

BWWAAAAAA!!!

Name:  retard_ninja.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  33.9 KB

Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:02 PM   #100
CBL-Commish
All Star Starter

Quote:
- Added the option to remove the DH and let the pitcher bat in games which started with a DH
- Inside the park home runs have been tweaked so that ballpark dimensions have a much bigger effect
- Added the option to assign a repuation level to a league, which is used in player contract AI
- Added the option to limit contract length and prohibit contract extensions
- Added the option to set a fee for which teams from other leagues may purchase contracts of players. This is useful if you have independent leagues in your game.
Lots and lots of really great stuff here. Things I've wished for for many, many years. When you run a big universe with lots of indy leagues, varying rules, and the occasional park with 550 foot dimensions it's almost like this version was designed with me in mind!