Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-26-2014, 07:38 PM   #1
Mecza
Minors (Triple A)

System Requirements

OOTP has always been light when it comes to required processor speeds, RAM, graphics card, etc.

With the announcement of 3D ballparks and ball flight...along with the future plan of having little guys running, hitting, and cathing all over the field (I LOVE that this will make its way in the game btw); will the system requirements make a significant jump?

I typically play this game on a laptop that is now 4+ years old and it was purchased for school/work purposes and not with gaming in mind, but that doesn't stop me from trying (graphics card is integrated 32MB just to give an idea). One great thing about OOTP is that it can pretty much run on a toaster and upgrading to an oven is not in the budget for right now. Those with better computers can sim a bit faster and handle larger baseball universes, but one does not need a gaming rig to enjoy what the game offers.

I plan to pre-order before the deadline. I'm more of a simmer than a manager, but I am curious if managing will be harder to do!
Mecza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:18 PM   #2
cwinnbari
Bat Boy

Yeah I'm on an oldie computer as well so I'm curious to make sure I'm not upgraded out....

The 3d isn't being forced into the game so if its making the computer struggle you can turn it off.
cwinnbari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:48 PM   #3
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinnbari View Post
The 3d isn't being forced into the game so if its making the computer struggle you can turn it off.
This. The system requirements will likely go up once we have full 3D animations, but if you turn them off, it should run the same as always.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:43 PM   #4
tomwolf2008
Major Leagues

According to whoever running the Facebook page (Brad I think?), the system requirement didn't change substantially (if any) this year.
tomwolf2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:53 PM   #5
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwolf2008 View Post
According to whoever running the Facebook page (Brad I think?), the system requirement didn't change substantially (if any) this year.
I wouldn't expect the 3D ballparks to make much of a difference. The 3D animations expected in OOTP16 are going to be the ones that do it.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:05 PM   #6
tomwolf2008
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
I wouldn't expect the 3D ballparks to make much of a difference. The 3D animations expected in OOTP16 are going to be the ones that do it.
True, we'll see
tomwolf2008 is offline   Reply With Quote