Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-24-2014, 01:36 PM   #1
BPS
All Star Reserve

If A Tree Falls in the Forest But No One Hears it....

OOTP 15 will continue to expand the interesting events that potentially happen in the game (MLB player moves to foreign league then tries to return to MLB, etc). Yet the OOTP player might never learn of such things unless he (or she) is much more diligent in constantly checking different leagues than I am. Or, if the OOTP player sims a season at a time and doesn't check events during the season itself.

At one level, it is as if these things never happen as some OOTP players (such as me) never hear them. They might happen, but they make no noise.

I propose that more thought be given to how the OOTP player might be notified of the more interesting of such events, via the newspaper or e-mails or...better...via a monthly magazines focusing not on particular events (games, accomplishments) but on feature-like material and via end-of-the-season autogenerated text summaries.
BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:45 PM   #2
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

No worries, you'll get more screens which cover the entire game world and also new news subscription options.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:58 PM   #3
sandman2575
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
No worries, you'll get more screens which cover the entire game world and also new news subscription options.

First, very psyched about 15 -- will preorder when I get home from work later today. Can't wait.

I'm glad to hear news will get some love in 15. It's kinda distressing to see how the newspaper misses 'big picture' stories, like pennant winners and playoff developments. I may be imagining it but I think I've even see it fail to have headlines about World Series winners. Anyway, love the newspaper in concept and think with a little tweaking it will become a great resource for following all that goes on in the leagues.
sandman2575 is offline   Reply With Quote