Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 01-24-2017, 04:49 PM   #1
mochuck
Minors (Triple A)

New major update soon?

Hi..
It's been a while.. any news on a new major update anytime soon? If I missed
it.. please point me in that direction... keep up the good work...
mochuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:39 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

It's coming, we're still adding and testing things. Going to be a fairly big update.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 03:54 AM   #3
Gerry58
Minors (Triple A)

The sooner it comes, the sooner i buy
Gerry58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 03:25 PM   #4
peter.
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Is it possible that slovak tipsportliga will ever be playable ? I mean via update or something

Last edited by peter.; 01-26-2017 at 03:26 AM.
peter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:02 AM   #5
mochuck
Minors (Triple A)

Hello again..
since it's feb 7.. I'm checking on a possible update date again..
It's been quite awhile now... wondering where you stand with this at the moment... thanks...
mochuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 10:03 AM   #6
Lazion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochuck View Post
Hello again..
since it's feb 7.. I'm checking on a possible update date again..
It's been quite awhile now... wondering where you stand with this at the moment... thanks...
We are running final tests, so next update should be available in no time.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:12 PM   #7
artlan
Minors (Single A)

Can you confirm that the issues with signing KHL prospects/players, deadline signing dates, NCAA/NHL rights will be fixed in the upcoming update?

The inability to sign promising prospects to contracts and having teams lose their prospects one year after being signed takes too much away from the realism of the game.

All these issues have been reported by Hiboux64 in this post:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post4127441
artlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 03:20 PM   #8
Eugus
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by artlan View Post
Can you confirm that the issues with signing KHL prospects/players, deadline signing dates, NCAA/NHL rights will be fixed in the upcoming update?

The inability to sign promising prospects to contracts and having teams lose their prospects one year after being signed takes too much away from the realism of the game.

All these issues have been reported by Hiboux64 in this post:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post4127441

please please
Eugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:29 PM   #9
MXD
Minors (Double A)

Well, that's the thing with major updates coming up shortly : hard to start a new game with the old version if you don't know if it all changes will be compatible.
MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:52 PM   #10
JeffR
FHM Producer

Fixes for the NCAA rights and deadline dates yes; the difficulty in signing players from the KHL is going to require some fundamental changes to the way the contract system works. Right now, star-level players understand that they can make more in the NHL and will reject contract offers at anything other than the most extreme KHL salary levels; but most KHL players who haven't reached that level yet are going to be willing to accept KHL money for a contract renewal (although it may not necessarily happen before NHL teams get a chance to make them an offer.)

I can't get too aggressive with lowering the threshold for holding out for NHL money or we'll have a large bloc of good Russian free agents sitting out because there's no NHL interest in them but they're too far out of the KHL price range. The way around this is to allow KHLers who want to play in the NHL more ways of getting out of existing contracts if they have an actual NHL offer. But that's going to require some heavy-duty rewriting of the contract and transfer system, more than we could've done in this update.

(And none of that should be interpreted as meaning it's impossible to get players out of the KHL - I'm looking at a test game in June 2048 right now and the NHL rookie of the year for 2047-48 was signed from the KHL the previous offseason, and the 2046 Russian Olympic team had NHL and KHL players roughly in proportion to the actual 2014 Sochi team, i.e. mostly NHLers.)

Update is very close, by the way.

Last edited by JeffR; 02-07-2017 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:38 AM   #11
artlan
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for a detailed explanation Jeff!

What would you say would be the best way to handle KHL draftees then? As of now, because of the issue that you have addressed, I tend to pass them over in the draft, even though ideally, I would love to draft them. In my own experiences, it will be a wasted pick because 99%, they won't sign with my team.

Mind you, I haven't played too far in advance. Would it be fair to say that we should look at KHL draftees as longer term prospects? Meaning that we will only be able to bring them over when they are more developed in KHL and therefore can demand more $?

Looking forward to the update!
Old 02-08-2017, 08:46 AM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer

That's one way of approaching it, yeah. A few other things to consider:

-if they've been selected in the CHL Import Draft, that's a good sign that they're more willing to leave Russia, even if they don't necessarily jump to major junior right away
-if their scouting report has comments that indicate they have difficulty adapting to new situations, that's a warning signal that they may be less likely to leave home
-check their KHL contract status before drafting them, a long contract is likely to be a problem
-when you know the contract is about to be expire, be ready to make an offer on July 1 - a delay of even a day or two can be too long
-if they happen to move out of the KHL at some point (e.g. to another European league), that'll make them subject to regular transfer agreements and a lot easier to sign
-if you want to sign them right away, look for a contract expiring right after the draft and a bad player happiness level - that makes it more likely he'll be reluctant to re-sign, which gives you an opening
Old 02-08-2017, 10:48 AM   #13
artlan
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
That's one way of approaching it, yeah. A few other things to consider:

-if they've been selected in the CHL Import Draft, that's a good sign that they're more willing to leave Russia, even if they don't necessarily jump to major junior right away
-if their scouting report has comments that indicate they have difficulty adapting to new situations, that's a warning signal that they may be less likely to leave home
-check their KHL contract status before drafting them, a long contract is likely to be a problem
-when you know the contract is about to be expire, be ready to make an offer on July 1 - a delay of even a day or two can be too long
-if they happen to move out of the KHL at some point (e.g. to another European league), that'll make them subject to regular transfer agreements and a lot easier to sign
-if you want to sign them right away, look for a contract expiring right after the draft and a bad player happiness level - that makes it more likely he'll be reluctant to re-sign, which gives you an opening
Great tips, thank you!