Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 12-21-2016, 02:42 AM   #1
nichimanen
Minors (Single A)

Anyone been hired as an international GM/HC?

I thought it was awesome that international teams were going to be in FHM in this iteration and then found out I couldn't just choose the team, but you had to be offered the position. There went seeing what I could do with Team North America in the World Cup.

With that said, what are the odds of even being offered a position (let alone a team you'd like to lead)?
nichimanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 06:59 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

It depends heavily on your nationality and reputation. Teams like Canada and the USA pretty much require being a native of those countries and a reputation among the best in the world. It's generally a lot easier to get hired if you're from a smaller country and build a reputation managing in a league that's much better than the national league (if there even is one) in that country. Getting a top-level job definitely is possible, though - there are achievements for winning the World Championships or getting an Olympic medal, and they're among the rarest ones, but looking at the stats Valve gives us I can see they've been received multiple times (the one for Gold, for example, is about 35x more rare than the Gordie Howe Hat Trick achievement, the easiest one to get.)

Last edited by JeffR; 12-21-2016 at 07:01 AM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 05:23 PM   #3
nichimanen
Minors (Single A)

Thank you Jeff. That makes a lot of sense. Helps increase the challenges in PtG for sure.

I was wondering if in later versions or in a later patch if starting as an international GM/HC would be made possible in the sandbox version? I really want to see what I could do with Japan or Lithuania in international competitions.
nichimanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 01:56 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, I've been meaning to ask the guys about that. I don't see why not, other than having to adjust the manager setup screen a bit, but there are other things I'd like to do there as well, so maybe it can all get done together.

Edit: Now that I think about it, there would be a problem for the countries that name their GM's on a tournament-by-tournament basis, that happens not long before the tournament begins, so starting as e.g. Canada might only result in you getting replaced by someone else as soon as the World Cup starts.

Last edited by JeffR; 12-22-2016 at 01:58 AM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote