Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-17-2016, 08:08 AM   #1
Nino33
Major Leagues

Historical Mode questions

Is there a way to play "hot seat mode" in the Historical Mode in FHM3, where you can control/be the GM for all the NHL teams? If yes, from 1972-1979 is it possible to control all the NHL and WHA teams?

Also, are the Staff still fake in Historical Mode? If so, is it possible to edit them (at least their names)? I find the fake Staff negatively affects the feeling of immersion for me...

Since I'm asking about editing in Historical Mode, is there a Commissioner Mode in Historical Mode? can you edit in Historical Mode like you can in Sandbox Mode?
Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:38 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino33 View Post
Is there a way to play "hot seat mode" in the Historical Mode in FHM3, where you can control/be the GM for all the NHL teams? If yes, from 1972-1979 is it possible to control all the NHL and WHA teams?

I don't think so. At least I can't figure out how to do it.

Also, are the Staff still fake in Historical Mode? If so, is it possible to edit them (at least their names)? I find the fake Staff negatively affects the feeling of immersion for me...

Historical staff are still fake. They can be edited in commissioner mode though.

Since I'm asking about editing in Historical Mode, is there a Commissioner Mode in Historical Mode? can you edit in Historical Mode like you can in Sandbox Mode?

Yes there is. You can edit in historical mode sandbox just the same as in regular sandbox box.
Answers are in red above

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:42 AM   #3
Nino33
Major Leagues

Thanks for the answers!

That's really to bad about not having hot seat/multiple user GM ability
Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:25 AM   #4
baccardi42
Bat Boy

it will be possible to play international tournaments in historical mod?
baccardi42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:30 AM   #5
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baccardi42 View Post
it will be possible to play international tournaments in historical mod?
No.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:24 PM   #6
Leafs67
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino33 View Post

A crude work around in FHM 2 was making a bunch of human GMs at the beginning, then technically you could assign each of them to a different team, and control all the teams by switching between profiles. It was a crude and tedious work around, not sure if that option is still viable in FHM 3.
Leafs67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:54 PM   #7
pens66
Major Leagues

Short question about the logos in historical mode, so I post it here:
Is it not possible anymore to have the logos of the NHL teams "evolve" automatically over time?
Having the year attached to the name of the png files does not work as in FHM2. The game only recognizes the logos without a year in the name.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:24 PM   #8
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
Short question about the logos in historical mode, so I post it here:
Is it not possible anymore to have the logos of the NHL teams "evolve" automatically over time?
Having the year attached to the name of the png files does not work as in FHM2. The game only recognizes the logos without a year in the name.
The naming convention changed. I don´t have them in front of me but maybe Jeff can post them later (I think it is teamname_startyear_endyear).
Old 10-19-2016, 06:34 PM   #9
pens66
Major Leagues

Alright, thanks.

While we're at it. I seem to remember display issues here and there. I found that in a historical sandbox game no playoff statistics are shown. The scoring table is empty and all the boxscores show only goal and penalty events and shot totals - nothing else.
Stats are in fact tracked for each player individually, though (accessible via player profile).
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:56 PM   #10
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
The naming convention changed. I don´t have them in front of me but maybe Jeff can post them later (I think it is teamname_startyear_endyear).
Just tested the logos from FHM2 and the naming convention seems to be the same as before - at least the logos are working as intended.

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:25 PM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

The naming conventions are at the bottom of this page in the manual (I'd post it here, but I don't think the table will work in the forum.):

Out of the Park Developments Online Manuals
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 11:38 AM   #12
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Should have real Staff/Front Office People.