Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-25-2014, 11:36 AM   #1
chriskelly
All Star Reserve

Expansion: Stocking minors

how do you guys stock your minors systems when doing an expansion? I'm trying to avoid filling with fictional players, but I also don't want the "not enough players on XX roster", or having guys develop funny because I have the wrong number of planers at their level.

Another question.....I don't get when my transaction report suggests I move a player up or down, and I hit "let computer manage minor league system".....why isn't that player moved down the recommended level?
chriskelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:38 AM   #2
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

I usually just sign a ton of minor league players via FA. Most of them won't be good, but it's just temporary until you get a few years into your leagues history and start seeing your drafted players develop.
Klew1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:20 PM   #3
Rockfan616
Minors (Triple A)

That's what I would do too, sign a bunch of minor leaguers who are FA's in the offseason and then see what happens after you've had a couple of drafts under your belt.
Rockfan616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:48 PM   #4
Cinnamon J. Scudworth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskelly View Post
Another question.....I don't get when my transaction report suggests I move a player up or down, and I hit "let computer manage minor league system".....why isn't that player moved down the recommended level?
The minor league report is one thing, but when it comes to actually moving players up and down I believe the AI also factors in recent performance, other prospects who may be blocking him, etc.
"Sometimes, this is like going to a grocery store. You’ve got a list until you get to the check-out stand. And then you start reading People magazine, and all this other [stuff] ends up in the basket."

-Sandy Alderson on the MLB offseason

Last edited by Cinnamon J. Scudworth; 05-25-2014 at 01:50 PM.
Cinnamon J. Scudworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:09 AM   #5
rferry
All Star Reserve

The Marlins, Rockies, Rays and DBacks had draft picks and minor league affiliates before their inaugural seasons. (Blue Jays and Mariners didn't, but they may have utilized co-op affiliates.)

So if you were planning the expansion in advance, it would be more authentic to make a few unaffiliated minor league clubs 2 years before. Stock them with leftover draft prospects or a manual draft of other clubs' draft picks or create additional prospects. Then when the expansion clubs are created, affiliate the minor league clubs.

Even without planning, you could prepare a manual draft of minor league rosters to replicate the effect.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:12 AM   #6
Tekneek
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rferry View Post
So if you were planning the expansion in advance, it would be more authentic to make a few unaffiliated minor league clubs 2 years before. Stock them with leftover draft prospects or a manual draft of other clubs' draft picks or create additional prospects. Then when the expansion clubs are created, affiliate the minor league clubs.
This is something I try to do. Create the minor league affiliates the year before and sign enough guys to minor league contracts to fill up the squads.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:32 AM   #7
Walpeezy
Bat Boy

you could always do a longer expansion draft. i do about 150 rounds or so.
Walpeezy is offline   Reply With Quote