Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-26-2014, 09:00 AM   #1
stustein
Bat Boy

Draft pool issue?

I sim ahead a year, expand the league by 2 teams then play out every game. The player below was added (along with others) as a part of the draft pool but then was not available in the draft Is this a bug or am I missing something?
Attached Images
stustein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:17 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

He should be available to draft. Not sure why he wouldn't be, everything is set correctly in the db

EDIT: Figured out the problem. You're in 2015, but he doesn't become draft eligible until 2016
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:48 AM   #3
stustein
Bat Boy

How do you know/see when when a prospect becomes draft eligible?

BTW-the fact that OOTP is creating players who are not yet draft eligible is awesome!
Old 05-26-2014, 10:03 AM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by stustein View Post
How do you know/see when when a prospect becomes draft eligible?

BTW-the fact that OOTP is creating players who are not yet draft eligible is awesome!
Thanks! It is pretty cool isn't it. It'll be even cooler once we get the ability to set their real college/hs and the time to add their rl stats.

As for seeing when they're eligible, honestly, I don't think you can in game.

I can because I have our online editor and I entered a lot of those guys in the first place.

You could always try to look guys up on the web and see what hs/college class they're actually in and then figure out when they'll be eligible irl. It'll be the same in game.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:19 AM   #5
stustein
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Thanks! It is pretty cool isn't it. It'll be even cooler once we get the ability to set their real college/hs and the time to add their rl stats.

I can because I have our online editor and I entered a lot of those guys in the first place.

You could always try to look guys up on the web and see what hs/college class they're actually in and then figure out when they'll be eligible irl. It'll be the same in game.
Will we see Serrano's (or any HS player that goes on to college) stats change? In other words next year will he be listed as "College" as opposed to HS and will I see his college numbers?
Old 05-26-2014, 10:26 AM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Will we see Serrano's (or any HS player that goes on to college) stats change? In other words next year will he be listed as "College" as opposed to HS and will I see his college numbers?
You won't see numbers for sure. I also don't think the HS/College designation will change. Will have to bring that up with Markus to see if it's possible for him to make it happen. I'm hoping all this will be much more fully fleshed out in OOTP16, the feature was a late addition this year and it's still a bit rough around the edges.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:47 AM   #7
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Here's hoping for official feeder leagues that run in the background.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:04 AM   #8
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
Here's hoping for official feeder leagues that run in the background.
That would be wonderful Don't get your hopes up though, I'd be shocked if it actually happened
Old 05-26-2014, 11:19 AM   #9
stustein
Bat Boy

Quote:

Hey if you entered a lot of the 2015/16 draft pool into the editor, can you tell me did I make the right move taking Brendan Rogers over Parker Kelly in 2015 #1 over all
Old 05-26-2014, 11:26 AM   #10
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Hey if you entered a lot of the 2015/16 draft pool into the editor, can you tell me did I make the right move taking Brendan Rogers over Parker Kelly in 2015 #1 over all
I didn't enter those guys but I can look them up...

I think Rodgers is a bit better. Kelly seems a bit overrated compared to rl to be honest so it's closer than I'd have thought. Of course it all depends on what happens once the dev engine gets ahold of them. Anything can happen!
Old 05-26-2014, 11:29 AM   #11
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Looking a bit more at the 2015 and 2016 classes. Looks like we have some more work to do to get them accurately rated f.e. Daz Cameron was no where near being the number one overall HS guy in 2015, which he should be.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 05-26-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:48 AM   #12
stustein
Bat Boy

Quote:
Looking a bit more at the 2015 and 2016 classes. Looks like we have some more work to do to get them accurately rated f.e. Daz Cameron was no where near being the number one overall HS guy in 2015, which he should be.
I was just kidding about Rogers/Kelly. Now I get to play it out to see if I made the right call (over the rec. of the Scouting Director).

As for Cameron, I don't even remember considering him or even looking at him with the #1 over all.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:01 PM   #13
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
As for Cameron, I don't even remember considering him or even looking at him with the #1 over all.
Yeah, you shouldn't have. Like I mentioned, he was way, way underrated. I'm actually working on fixing/re-rating a bunch of those 2015 guys right now.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:28 AM   #14
Rockfan616
Minors (Triple A)

I know a lot of this years draft class is already in my game and were taken in the inaugural draft before the season started. Lots of guys like Trea Turner, Carlos Rodon, Kyle Schwarber, Jacob Gatewood, Mike Conforto, Jakson Reetz, etc. etc. were already taken in that draft and not in the amateur draft. I think I had a lot of fictional players in the amateur draft as I only have one college and one high school feeder league going in my league/season. I'm thinking it's probably because I have a fictional AAA and AA league that needed to be filled so that's probably why those guys were taken, what do you think Lukas??
Rockfan616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:36 AM   #15
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfan616 View Post
I know a lot of this years draft class is already in my game and were taken in the inaugural draft before the season started. Lots of guys like Trea Turner, Carlos Rodon, Kyle Schwarber, Jacob Gatewood, Mike Conforto, Jakson Reetz, etc. etc. were already taken in that draft and not in the amateur draft. I think I had a lot of fictional players in the amateur draft as I only have one college and one high school feeder league going in my league/season. I'm thinking it's probably because I have a fictional AAA and AA league that needed to be filled so that's probably why those guys were taken, what do you think Lukas??
Those real draft guys somehow get included in inaugural and free agent drafts. I've heard that before.

It's probably because they're technically listed as free agents in game and the game can't really tell the difference between rule 5 draft eligible fa's and non rule 5 draft eligible fa's until after the draft pool is published. It knows not to include them as signable fa's but apparently doesn't know not to include them in other drafts.

I think (though I haven't tested it) that if you were to have the draft pool published before holding your inaugural draft, that the real guys would stay in the amateur draft pool and not get sucked into your inaugural draft.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:45 AM   #16
Rockfan616
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Those real draft guys somehow get included in inaugural and free agent drafts. I've heard that before.

It's probably because they're technically listed as free agents in game and the game can't really tell the difference between rule 5 draft eligible fa's and non rule 5 draft eligible fa's until after the draft pool is published. It knows not to include them as signable fa's but apparently doesn't know not to include them in other drafts.

I think (though I haven't tested it) that if you were to have the draft pool published before holding your inaugural draft, that the real guys would stay in the amateur draft pool and not get sucked into your inaugural draft.
How would I go about having the draft pool published before the inaugural draft though, is there a setting that I'm not aware of somewhere or just have it published before the season starts?? Not quite sure how that works, but it's a good idea anyway. Thanks man!!
Rockfan616 is offline   Reply With Quote