Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-27-2014, 04:40 PM   #1
sandman2575
Minors (Triple A)

A couple modest suggestions to cut down on the micromanagement

Just two smallish things I would love to see changed in OOTP15.

1. Alternative lineups depending on facing L/R SP in 7-Day Lineups.

I want to use 7-Day Lineups but find it's just not practical, for the simple reason that after I set everything up nice and tidy on Day One, by Day Two, the projected SP matchups have changed, and my lineups are all thrown out of whack.

Would it be possible to set *2* lineups for each of the 7 days, -- vs. RHP and vs. LHP -- so that the game will just automatically pick the correct one depending on pitcher match-up? This would be a godsend.

2. Ability to order AI managers to rest Relief pitchers according to different parameters:

I imagine this could be added to the Player Strategy page? A command line / pull down menu like the following: "Never use this RP X days [or games] consecutively" or maybe even better (or both?) "Don't use this RP if fatigue is below 90%". Possible?
sandman2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:32 PM   #2
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman2575 View Post
Just two smallish things I would love to see changed in OOTP15.

1. Alternative lineups depending on facing L/R SP in 7-Day Lineups.

I want to use 7-Day Lineups but find it's just not practical, for the simple reason that after I set everything up nice and tidy on Day One, by Day Two, the projected SP matchups have changed, and my lineups are all thrown out of whack.

Would it be possible to set *2* lineups for each of the 7 days, -- vs. RHP and vs. LHP -- so that the game will just automatically pick the correct one depending on pitcher match-up? This would be a godsend.
It already exists and any time I've checked it works fine. Just make sure all lineups are filled completely on the main lineups page.

Name:  Lineup options.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  23.3 KB

Edit; I'm curious about your issue with projected SP changes. I might see that once a week or every other week. Ah it just occurred to me... ... are you using "always start highest rested"?

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

Last edited by RchW; 01-27-2014 at 07:03 PM.
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:21 PM   #3
sandman2575
Minors (Triple A)

Admittedly I'm being a little fussy here -- but the problem with "Allow use of alternative lineup" is that it ties you to the 'set in stone' vs. RHP & vs. LHP lineups on the main lineups page. I'd like a little more flexibility than that, especially because I don't like to use the main lineups page -- when guys start getting injured it's just a pita to keep updating it.

It seems like the 7-Day Lineups setup is ideally supposed to be an 'either / or' situation with the conventional lineups page -- i.e. it seems like you should just use one or the other. When you start blending the two, it leads to confusion. For example, the 7-Day lineups will not reflect the substitutions regimen you set up in the main lineups page, correct? It completely ignores the "start every 3rd game" type instructions.

So I'd just love it if 7-Day Lineups could truly be an independent feature, if that makes sense (?)

I'm definitely not using "always start highest rested" SP. The problem is that as the days of the season progress, the 7-Day Lineups always seems to get out of sync with the schedule, especially if you use the "don't clear lineups after use" feature.

All I know is, whenever I try to use 7-Day Lineups, it's only a short matter of time before things shift and it's scheduling my vs. RHP lineups against lefties and vice versa. It's really pretty frustrating.

Last edited by sandman2575; 01-27-2014 at 10:23 PM.
sandman2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:49 PM   #4
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
For example, the 7-Day lineups will not reflect the substitutions regimen you set up in the main lineups page, correct? It completely ignores the "start every 3rd game" type instructions.
If you allow use of depth charts it certainly does. The depth chart then controls the 7-day lineup. Exactly why I don't use it.

Quote:
I'm definitely not using "always start highest rested" SP. The problem is that as the days of the season progress, the 7-Day Lineups always seems to get out of sync with the schedule, especially if you use the "don't clear lineups after use" feature.

All I know is, whenever I try to use 7-Day Lineups, it's only a short matter of time before things shift and it's scheduling my vs. RHP lineups against lefties and vice versa. It's really pretty frustrating.
I have to say that what you describe just never happens in my leagues. The only time I may have a problem is if I forget to "finish day" after a sim is interrupted. Is that a possibility?

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote