Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods

Old 10-07-2005, 11:12 PM   #141
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorg
LGO, is there any place where we can download all of these in one zip file rather than 100+ separate ones?
Not at present. But I can e-mail you such a zip file if you like, just send me your e-mail via PM.

Incidentally, what's the limit on the size an attached file can be when a message is posted? I used to know that but I've forgotten what the limit on the boards is.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:32 PM   #142
ctorg
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange
Not at present. But I can e-mail you such a zip file if you like, just send me your e-mail via PM.

Incidentally, what's the limit on the size an attached file can be when a message is posted? I used to know that but I've forgotten what the limit on the boards is.
I think the size limit for an attached file is 100K, but don't quote me on that.

At this point, I've already downloaded like 80 years, so I might as well just get the rest from here.

"When the trees blow back and forth, that's what makes the wind." - Steven Wright

Fjord emena pancreas thorax fornicate marmalade morpheme proteolysis smaxa cabana offal srue vitriol grope hallelujah lentils
Old 10-11-2005, 01:33 PM   #143
Spindel
All Star Reserve

With the 2006 schedule now out, is there any idea of when we might expect it available?
Old 11-10-2005, 08:25 PM   #144
ifspuds
Hall Of Famer

So how much of a pain would it be to generate non-doubleheader versions of schedules? Given OOTP6's inability to properly manage doubleheaders and pitcher fatigue, it'd be nice to have doubleheader-free versions that mimic the real-life season as much as possible. I'm guessing it requires extending the season in-game in order to get all the games in.

Is this something I should be requesting in this thread, or over in the fictional schedules thread? I'm asking here first, since there's mention in the initial post of non-doubleheader versions of some years.

Ideally, I'd like non-DH versions of 1962 and 1963, but if this is unlikely to happen, I (well, we, the fine citizens of Time Warp Baseball) will just have to deal.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:47 PM   #145
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifspuds
So how much of a pain would it be to generate non-doubleheader versions of schedules? Given OOTP6's inability to properly manage doubleheaders and pitcher fatigue, it'd be nice to have doubleheader-free versions that mimic the real-life season as much as possible. I'm guessing it requires extending the season in-game in order to get all the games in.

Is this something I should be requesting in this thread, or over in the fictional schedules thread? I'm asking here first, since there's mention in the initial post of non-doubleheader versions of some years.

Ideally, I'd like non-DH versions of 1962 and 1963, but if this is unlikely to happen, I (well, we, the fine citizens of Time Warp Baseball) will just have to deal.
This idea has come up before. It would be a substantial amount of work to adjust all the historical schedules to eliminate doubleheaders, and somewhere in V6 the adjustment was made to make the game at least a bit better at handling the doubleheaders.

Doing a couple of seasons would probably not be too tough, but doing them well may be another story. But a good job is in the eye of the beholder. If one wants to sacrifice the reality of doubleheaders to get something that works better in the game, perhaps then he does not mind perhaps losing reality like in when offdays fall.

Though perhaps not easier than pulling the extra games out and putting them at the end of the year, trying to put those extra games in-season on shared offdays seems a better idea. When possible the games could be put where there are already set matchups between teams, but some scattered single-game series and even end-of-year thingies may also be necessary.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:45 PM   #146
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Ack. I did up the 1962 & 1963 seasons. Even automating the process somewhat it was still quite tedious. I could probably automate it a bit further, but I would not relish the idea of trying to do the whole MLB list.

Mostly I moved the "extra" games to days where both the teams were off, and in most of those cases I was able to keep those games contiguous with other games those teams played. There were cases though when there was no choice but to drop the moved games as 1-game series, but I at least tried to keep the travel considerations at realistic as possible in such situations.

For 1962 I found enough regular offdays through the already set regular season length in which to put the games. However, this required wiping out the brief break for the 2nd All-Star Game of that season (7/30-7/31), and that season was a week shorter than the seasons these days, so teams have ~7 fewer offdays than now and long stretches of days playing in a row, a few around and even over 2 months. For 1963 I tacked on a couple extra days to the season for many of the teams and the consecutive days playing streaks, while still quite long, are not as long as for 1962.

I do not know that it would be appropriate to post these editted versions here in this thread. Maybe I will put them in the fictional schedules thread.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:54 PM   #147
ifspuds
Hall Of Famer

gmo, you rock. That's all I can say. Thank you so much for doing this.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:00 PM   #148
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindel
With the 2006 schedule now out, is there any idea of when we might expect it available?
Sorry for not responding to this sooner.

I usually don't do the schedule for the next MLB season until it shows up on MLB's web site in detail, which is normally by the start of March. While the schedule as it is available now is unlikely to change, waiting until then guarantees any changes will be included. Also, the MLB site lists the game start times for each game, making it possible to put in the starting time category accurately.

So, in other words, I'll do my version of the 2006 MLB schedule in late February/early March.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifspuds
So how much of a pain would it be to generate non-doubleheader versions of schedules?
To echo what gmo has already mentioned, converting over older schedules to doubleheader-free ones is difficult, since the doubleheader was an integral part of the schedule and not something simply tacked on.

It can be done, but does require a lot of adjustment, and the results may not bear all that much resemblance to the form of the original version.

As noted, earlier seasons were shorter chronologically, meaning there aren't a whole lot of days to work with. Consider that currently a 162 game season is played in 26 weeks, while the 10-team leagues when playing 162 games did it in only 25 weeks.

It also depends on how much one wants the doubleheader-free version to resemble the historical starting point. One idea, for example, would simply to stick the second game of a DH onto the next day, and then bump all the remaining games down a day to compensate. Any team not playing a DH would then have an off day. Of course, doing this will bump most games off of the day of the week they're supposed to be on, plus the schedule would also run more days than it did historically. But on the other hand, the flow of the opponents and the road trips would remain the closest to the historical starting point.

There is no right answer; it'll depend on each individual as to what they prefer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
I do not know that it would be appropriate to post these editted versions here in this thread. Maybe I will put them in the fictional schedules thread.
I think the fictional schedules thread makes sense; plus, that thread tends to get a lot of traffic anyway so they'd probably be more noticed there.

Last edited by Le Grande Orange; 11-14-2005 at 02:47 AM.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:11 PM   #149
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

LGO and gmo....you guys are simply amazing...it is fantastic what you do with schedules.

Thank you so much for doing this for the OOTPB community. You are much appreciated.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:58 AM   #150
Matt from TN
Hall Of Famer

I want to express my thanks for these schedules too. It's stuff like this that makes the community so much fun.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:06 AM   #151
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Well, when OOTP2006 arrives, there'll be a lot more real-world schedules available.

I've got quite a few minor league schedules I can offer up for use, both from affiliated leagues (past and present) as well as the independent minor leagues, a couple of winter league examples, and some foreign league examples as well.

So, there'll be a lot more to choose from if all goes well.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:39 AM   #152
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

I imported the 1907 schedule and changed the teamid #'s to match and it went well. But 2 teams ended up playing 4 more games. Any idea why?
Old 12-08-2005, 02:29 AM   #153
Vezna31
All Star Starter

You messed up somewhere changing the ID's in the spreadsheet. After importing, click "report" to the left of the import button and it will show the whole schedule for all the teams. It will show out of balance if you messed up. You can identify the team numbers and start scrolling back through the spreadsheet to find your mistake. You figure out how to find the mistake once you do it once or twice. Once you correct, re-import.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:56 PM   #154
Vezna31
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan2005NC
I eagerly await the 19th century schedules.

The way I have handled the 19th century, with league alignments and such is to have the NL always be a single division (excepting the years of 1876-1881 and 1892-1900 when I split the league between east and west, combining the standings at the end). The year 1884 is always the trickiest since there were a total of 33 teams split amongst three leagues. Fortunately v6 allows me to have four divisions so I place all the AA teams that played the majority of the season and stayed on for 1885 in one division with all the extras in another division. For the UA, I place all the teams that played the most games in one division and all the teams that played very few games in the other division. Of course, the UA did start with 8 teams in 1884 and retrosheet has a schedule showing those 8 teams playing the entire season (imagine tiny Altoona playing all 114 games that season).

For the 1890 Player's League I just create an extra division in the league holding the AA teams and add an extra team to the AA (since the AA fielded 9 teams after all was said and done). The extra team remains for 1891 since the AA fielded an extra team that year to finish out the schedule.
Did these historical schedules ever get posted somewhere?
Old 01-16-2006, 01:42 AM   #155
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vezna31
Did these historical schedules ever get posted somewhere?
No, not the pre-1901 schedules. There never was a consensus reached on how to set them up for OOTP6.

However, given that OOTP2006 doesn't have the restrictions on league size and such that the previous version did, it will be possible to post the schedules as they were originally set up. But that will have to wait until the format for the schedule files for OOTP2006 are established; there are at least a few changes in format of schedule files in the forthcoming new version of the game.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:40 PM   #156
Vezna31
All Star Starter

I just finished creating my 1871 league. Since there are 9 teams, I decided to create a balnced schedule where every team plays each other 6 times (48 games). I couldn't do more because 6 of the 9 teams only had 1 pitcher, therefore a game every 4 days was the most I could do. The teams that had 2 pitchers were scheduled last to allow back-to-back days of games. It took me an entire day to figure out the scehdule, but I did it.

The year 1872 should be fun because 2 more teams come into the league and I don't know how many more pitchers will be added to the already existing teams. Should be another grueling project being done on the laptop watching playoff football.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:42 PM   #157
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorg
LGO, is there any place where we can download all of these in one zip file rather than 100+ separate ones?

Great job, BTW. I think I posted this before, but it seems to have been eaten.
I love these schedules LGO! So to help out ctorg and anyone else who wants these schedules all in one zip file you can get them here.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
Old 04-24-2006, 07:18 PM   #158
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

2006 MLB schedule file for OOTP6 is attached below.

Be sure to confirm that the Team ID numbers used in your 2006 MLB league match up to the same teams listed in the schedule file or else some teams might be playing out a different team's schedule.

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2006MLBschedule.txt (34.8 KB, 610 views)
Old 04-21-2007, 12:33 AM   #159
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=145644

2007 MLB schedule for OOTP 6.5

No documentation. Schedule is actual with actual times with the exception of all times prior to 1pm were changed to 1pm.

File is located in POST #8 of the above link.

Last edited by SandMan; 04-21-2007 at 08:41 AM.