Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 11:27 PM   #21
rem
Hall Of Famer

No, it really isn't. It's a matter of public record. If I were looking, I'd try and buy the domain name. When they told me it wasn't already in use, they'd tell me the owner.

I'm sure that UD and Fit Dog are not the same person. But MR. Flyer has some explaining to do...

2005 Winner of LL's Pick the Loser Contest! - 15-0
Old 03-26-2004, 11:33 PM   #22
treedom
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by clarnzz
I think it may just be a copy and use or someone let him borrow the source. BHTPL8 is registered to Pat in Ohio so it is very unlikely it is actually Fitterer, just funny how everything always traces back to Fit Dog. to say the least.
damn, guess i got carried away...yeah, there's always the [boring] possibility he could've asked fitterer to use his site...
Old 03-26-2004, 11:42 PM   #23
rem
Hall Of Famer

Was just looking at his forums....if I'm reading everything right then he is there now.

Old 03-26-2004, 11:51 PM   #24
rem
Hall Of Famer

Left without posting, although he could have e-mailed the league. The drama builds.....

Old 03-26-2004, 11:56 PM   #25
Big Steve
Minors (Double A)

Now this is some good friday night fun right here
Old 03-27-2004, 01:38 AM   #26
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by remangiii
Was just looking at his forums....if I'm reading everything right then he is there now.
How do you get that? The last post [ http://behindthepl8.us/BTPL8/viewtopic.php?t=764 ] shows that one of the members phoned the owner of the site and that person told them it was the wrong number. Have some posts been deleted?

I got a chuckle out of seeing that "Pat" lives on "Beaver St." (Fitterer lived in Beaverton, OR.) The area code for the phone number is an Ohio area code though. Even though the main site and forum looks a lot like Real Beisbol, I'm not convinced he's Fitterer.

But the thing that gets me is it looks like UD411Flyer just might be the infamous JBlaze / AnD1 BBaller42 / Tusso. Exact same name that's used for the BTPBL site. [ http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&lr...+casey%22+ootp ]

What makes all of this worse is apparently they've been collecting donations from league members. :/

Was anyone else a bit suspicious how he came out of nowhere in January and posted like someone who has been posting for quite awhile?

Last edited by kq76; 03-27-2004 at 01:45 AM.
Old 03-27-2004, 01:40 AM   #27
Leahcim
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm misconfused, fitterer is away on spring break but he is posting here 3 days ago as UD411Flyer? The next thing you know, it will be fitterer that crashed at Roswell, was on the grassy knoll in Dallas, is responsible for all the Big Foot sightings, faked the moon landing, and even threw Florida to Bush in the last presidential election. I got to hand it to the kid, he is good. Real good.
Old 03-27-2004, 01:41 AM   #28
rem
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Was anyone else a bit suspicious how he came out of nowhere in January and posted like someone who has been posting for quite awhile?
Quote:
How do you get that? The last post [ http://behindthepl8.us/BTPL8/viewtopic.php?t=764 ] shows that one of the members phoned the owner of the site and that person told them it was the wrong number. Have some posts been deleted?

I thought it was werid. He viewed the forums but didn't post.

Last edited by rem; 03-27-2004 at 01:44 AM.
Old 03-27-2004, 01:43 AM   #29
rem
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by kq76

What makes all of this worse is apparently they've been collecting donations from league members. :/

He was on Hall of Fames Sports Inc before it crashed.

Old 03-27-2004, 01:47 AM   #30
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
I thought it was werid. He viewed the forums but didn't post.
Ahh, I see. I bet he's panicking and trying to figure out a way to explain all of this. Are there any carwashes in Ohio?
Old 03-27-2004, 01:55 AM   #31
rem
Hall Of Famer

I took a screen shot, just because I'm werid like that.

Old 03-27-2004, 02:06 AM   #32
Conmack
Minors (Single A)

I'm still confused... where are you guys seeing whom the site is registered to? Is the name that shows up "Pat Smith", the guy listed on the owners page of BTPBL, or is it this "Pat Casey" guy that Mr. KQ just posted about?
Old 03-27-2004, 02:09 AM   #33
Conmack
Minors (Single A)

Nevermind, just did a search and found it to be the Pat Casey person. It's extremely scary to me that all of your personal information is online if you own a web domain.
Old 03-27-2004, 02:10 AM   #34
rem
Hall Of Famer

You can pay extra to protect it, I think. All you personal info is in a phone book too.

Old 03-27-2004, 02:12 AM   #35
Conmack
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
You can pay extra to protect it, I think. All you personal info is in a phone book too.

Yes, that's a good point
Old 03-27-2004, 04:46 AM   #36
GoldenGlove
Major Leagues

I'm convinced that it is Pat Casey. Both commishes use zoominternet. The sad thing is that I am the commish of the former WSBL and somehow I joined BTPBL.
Old 03-27-2004, 08:04 AM   #37
UnkleBuc
Bat Boy

I just posted the link to this thread back at BTPBL. Only because there are people there who can back up anything I have to say.

SOOO much of this doesn't make sense on so many levels.

Alot of work was put in by "Pat" to run what appears to be a good league. Updated files took awhile to be posted and there were some wrinkles along the way, but all in all a good league.

However, conspiracy theories have happened since day 1. I even got caught up in some of them but decided after conversations with "Pat" that being as involved as he is both here and in other leagues he'd be stupid to cheat. Plus the fact that so much time and effort went into the website and adding "extra's" why not run a legit league? I still believe that it is.

But I'm looking for an explanantion as to why he vanished without a word, except to one GM in our league. I especially became agitated when I witnessed what Remangii posted both on Thursday and Friday. So if he's around why isn't he posting? And if he posted at another forum three days ago why no reply at the league forums to all the questions there?

I've sent him emails and others have expressed concern that something serious happened. Not that I'd wish that on anyone but it's the only valid explanation I can come up with. And the only reason I or others shouldn't have heard from him by now.
NOBSL: Pirates
Old 03-27-2004, 08:20 AM   #38
UnkleBuc
Bat Boy

A couple of things to address after rereading the reply's.

Apparently the alleged phone number of "Pat" was the wrong number.

And as far as I can tell NO posts have been deleted. I've been checking them a little more regularly this week.
NOBSL: Pirates
Old 03-27-2004, 08:31 AM   #39
KidRock
Banned

I have been a member of BTPBL from day 1 and from day 2 I knew something was screwy with our commish PAT but I didnt say a word..hell I realy like the league because of the great guys in it... very, very active league and many owners do their home work...some owners know my team better than I do. This is what keep me in the league dispite more than a dozen problems arose and PAT would always have a good BS excuse...he is very good one on one shoveling the double talk to convince you everything is OK...well I knew better.

Injuries disapering the first few sims, he said it was a missing DAT file but I know better...it was turned off

At times sim updates were hours late...again he had excuses he had to run to the office and such but I knew better..once he left some evedance lingering around where boxscores didnt match the scores in the files...this told me he was simming more than once to get scores he wanted...who knows what else he was doing here.

Teams making FA bids and signing players that the REAL team owner never bid on... I assume here he had turned the guys team onto computer owner to have this happen.

some crazyness of player talents-ratings movement that was just not anything like I seen in other league.

I could go on and on their are many more examples of Commish "tinkering" in the league but you probibly ask why if I knew this stuff did I stay...well like I said the group of owners are great guys and I was having fun interacting and dealing with them so I stayed.

I love to see someone ELSE take over this league and run it, if you ever wanted a already in place league with a great group of owners this is the one.

UnkleBuc you should consider it, I would but I already have a league I am running

Craig
Old 03-27-2004, 09:05 AM   #40
jened
Minors (Triple A)

okay, i've got my popcorn now. let the mystery unfold.