Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-19-2019, 08:03 PM   #21
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrrdt1 View Post
I'm also a big fan of SE Rickey. He's been my starting CF for the past 6 seasons, only one WAR under 6.0, has stolen 80+ bases every season but one, 125+ runs scored all but one season, and 20+ homers in all but one season. I've thought about trying to get a Mays to replace him, but I irrationally kind of love him, despite the crappy AVG and sub-optimal OBP.
Not so irrational to love Rickey as a manager, numbers aside, so long as it's an "astonishing" baseball simulation we're playing & his performance is reflective of his real life performance. Even when he wasn't the GREATEST teammate, even when he was old, he was steady & talented.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 08:56 PM   #22
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Rickey thinks Rickey was the greatest.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:36 PM   #23
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I'm not sure that's Rickey talking about Rickey, ha. Well, apparently, it is. But sometimes I go overboard wondering about what's not so apparent. Then again I've made a few interesting revelations in the realm of the what's not-so-obvious.

Rickey said something like "I said I was the greatest. Muhammad Ali was my hero & he said he was the greatest. So I said what he said. How's that wrong?" He wasn't sure, though...wasn't entirely defending himself, in that confused state where he's talking about himself in the 3rd person. This, after he broke Brock's all-time SB record.

I also recall Tim McCarver broadcasting discussing Rickey's "Rickey"...Someone mentioned that he talks to himself as he's going up to the plate..."You know, what's stranger is if you don't talk to yourself." Ha. I thought that was great.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 08-19-2019 at 09:38 PM.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:37 PM   #24
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

I still remember going to a White Sox home game against the Mariners (I think it was a doubleheader) when Rickey Henderson was on the M's and in the twilight of his career. Big, loud obnoxious Chicago man (could've been in the Ditka skits on SNL) kept hollering "Rickey, yer a HOT DOG!! RICKEY." The entire game.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:13 PM   #25
Canthereon
Minors (Single A)

So my Wizards and Bears are not only in the same league, but actually in the same division. Currently both teams are doing OK, and Dah Bears have a slight edge in the heads up play, 4-3, but it's not ideal. Both teams are currently the top wildcard spots, which will not likely last, but it would be pretty nice to get a guaranteed playoff series whether I win or lose the wild card game The Seattle Tempest are a 3 time perfect league winner, so I doubt I can do better than 2nd and third in the division.

Neither team's ballpark settings seem to be working to their advantage, as both clubs are performing better on the road than at home at this point.

F2P:
Canthereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:16 PM   #26
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
I still remember going to a White Sox home game against the Mariners (I think it was a doubleheader) when Rickey Henderson was on the M's and in the twilight of his career. Big, loud obnoxious Chicago man (could've been in the Ditka skits on SNL) kept hollering "Rickey, yer a HOT DOG!! RICKEY." The entire game.
Probably remember it forever
Old 08-19-2019, 10:40 PM   #27
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canthereon View Post
So my Wizards and Bears are not only in the same league, but actually in the same division. Currently both teams are doing OK, and Dah Bears have a slight edge in the heads up play, 4-3, but it's not ideal. Both teams are currently the top wildcard spots, which will not likely last, but it would be pretty nice to get a guaranteed playoff series whether I win or lose the wild card game The Seattle Tempest are a 3 time perfect league winner, so I doubt I can do better than 2nd and third in the division.

Neither team's ballpark settings seem to be working to their advantage, as both clubs are performing better on the road than at home at this point.
Who's hitting clean-up for Dah Bears? And the Wizards?

Old 08-19-2019, 11:20 PM   #28
Canthereon
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
Who's hitting clean-up for Dah Bears? And the Wizards?
Heinie Zimmerman (.255/.260/.480) for Dah Bears and Freddie Lindstrom (.286/.313/.352) for the Wizards. The Wizards are a strong defense (1st in ZR) with high average (1st) team while Dah Bears are more of a power (7th in HR) and pitching (6th in ERA) team.

F2P:
Canthereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:50 PM   #29
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canthereon View Post
Heinie Zimmerman (.255/.260/.480) for Dah Bears and Freddie Lindstrom (.286/.313/.352) for the Wizards. The Wizards are a strong defense (1st in ZR) with high average (1st) team while Dah Bears are more of a power (7th in HR) and pitching (6th in ERA) team.
Well done...Flyers use Schmidt...or Gehrig, we are usually kinda low statistically on D but I don't pay much attention to the league ranking for that, just make sure my D is not bad, for a period I used Eddie Mayo at 2B just because he had off the charts D ratings there, and Rey Ordonez at Short, they both worked out well, too...in part bc those positions are good to have D at, and in part I think bc the perfect leagues, the pitchers, a lot of them are K guys ..& some of these guys that are fundamentally sounder strike out a lot less than the guys that first come to mind for the best hitting team you can think of. Ordonez at least put the ball in play, & despite the low contact rating managed to hit for as good an average as every player on the team except a few.

I think Stargell had 100+ RBI 2 weeks ago. ...Trying to raise my average, I'm playing Shoeless Joe Jackson this week. I kinda liked the way I had it set up 2 weeks ago but had a problem leaving it alone. My whimes rule my preferred judgement calls.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 08-19-2019 at 11:59 PM.
Old 08-20-2019, 01:13 AM   #30
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

I think I'll file a bug report.
Attached Images

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 01:47 AM   #31
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Paragon City Heroes have had a rough start at 12-14 but are once again in a hellish division in gold, the division leader has 6 perfects including Dimaggio and MAys in his lineup and a loaded pitching staff led by 97 Cy Young and SE Scherzer. The biggest bright spot for me is Catfish Hunter acquired in the offseason he has gone 4-0 with a 0.98era and 3 shutouts including a 2 hitter. pretty much everyone else on the roster has struggled

Bad News Bulldogs started out on fire at 9-1, cooled off to finish at 19-9, nothing really spectacular just most players performing as expected. Very happy with the start, interesting to see where it leads to

Neuman Furshlugginers have done better than expected at 14-12. I put together a whole new team for the season, just need to get a Mantle

The bullpen has been horrible, my closer has an era of 8.00, needs some serious investment to fix... I currently have around 1k PP, guess I'll need to stick with it

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 02:11 AM   #32
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
I think I'll file a bug report.

So now I know what happened... Our teams got swapped! [My Raccoons are getting killed.]

I'm glad to see your Raccoons are doing well. Maybe they'll hang in there and make it to the playoffs this year. Have they made it to the playoffs in perfect yet?
Old 08-20-2019, 02:16 AM   #33
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleigh View Post
Paragon City Heroes have had a rough start at 12-14 but are once again in a hellish division in gold, the division leader has 6 perfects including Dimaggio and MAys in his lineup and a loaded pitching staff led by 97 Cy Young and SE Scherzer. The biggest bright spot for me is Catfish Hunter acquired in the offseason he has gone 4-0 with a 0.98era and 3 shutouts including a 2 hitter. pretty much everyone else on the roster has struggled

Bad News Bulldogs started out on fire at 9-1, cooled off to finish at 19-9, nothing really spectacular just most players performing as expected. Very happy with the start, interesting to see where it leads to

Neuman Furshlugginers have done better than expected at 14-12. I put together a whole new team for the season, just need to get a Mantle

The bullpen has been horrible, my closer has an era of 8.00, needs some serious investment to fix... I currently have around 1k PP, guess I'll need to stick with it
*Switching* it up
Old 08-20-2019, 02:18 AM   #34
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Isn't there a law against cruelty to animals? The Raccoons have been getting stomped on so far. They had an abysmal 1st month, finishing 10-17 and in last place behind two much weaker teams. Speaking of those two teams, they both clobbered us so it's not just the whales that have been beating us.

4 of our SPs have an ERA over 5 (even Keefe and Schilling). We're near the bottom in pitching, hitting and defense and at the top in errors and giving up HRs.

Obviously we're not this bad, so I expect a much better May.
Old 08-20-2019, 02:28 AM   #35
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quite the unusual start for the Authority in Diamond. One of these things will probably change, and I'm *hoping* it's the right one

(Stan Musial has a 1.038 OPS through 26 games, woo and Mr Ruth has 28 RBI's off a batting AVG of .186 )
Attached Images
Old 08-20-2019, 02:43 AM   #36
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

An odd start for the Alliance too, combining a first month 3rd in OPS with 13th in Runs. Probably not helping either was me forgetting to put my defensive subs back in after last season's playoffs
Old 08-20-2019, 03:33 AM   #37
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs started a bit slow on offense (I guess that happens when you have to return 99 Luke Appling and 98 Willie Keeler to the store for not being MINT ), but have begun to turn the corner against a favorable schedule. The Frogs are in 1st place by 3 games with an 18-9 record (20-7 pythag). The upcoming May schedule looks very soft, so hopefully the team takes advantage.

What's the deal with Mike Trout? Does he always start slow for everyone else? I'm committed to the man even though he doesn't exactly fit my team's idiom, but my goodness that .169 batting average thru April looks horrid. And this comes after he joined the team last week and didn't get his first homer until game 20-something. His line last year (.247/.351/.423 with 14 HR in 101 games) was a mild disappointment although reasonable enough. Slow starter extraordinaire.

On the other hand, SE Lenny Dykstra has gone off like gangbusters in the leadoff spot. I have him training to his eventual lofty 113 rating in RF and splitting time with Rickey Henderson. Dykstra is hitting .361/.465/.653 with 5 homers and loves leading off games "in style." He's on a 7.8 WAR pace.

The pitching staff has been pretty dominant: 1st in runs allowed (81), 1st in starter ERA (3.28), 1st in bullpen ERA (1.72), 1st in FIP (3.20), 1st in WAR (6.9). The rotation consists of Mathewson/Greinke/Clemens/Sabathia/Paige and it's working nicely. Paige (31 STAM) is on an 80-pitch limit and he's routinely getting into the 6th inning/7th inning. Also adjusted some global strategy settings that I think is really accentuating the staff.

One of the really cool things about a conference lacking a proper whale is that all of the yearly awards are pretty wide open. Might actually have a shot in the MVP/Cy Young this time for a change.

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 08-20-2019 at 03:34 AM.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 04:19 AM   #38
Izz
Hall Of Famer

P413 here. 20-team league. 12-14.

Not much else to report. All Star Trout is OPSing 190 and on track for 10.7 WAR. Would be pretty awesome if he kept that pace up! Moved Bagwell up to the 3-hole, even though that breaks up the L-R combinations I've got going through the first 6 hitters. He's OPSing 154, so must like the move.

Also, I wonder if the Force Lineup Spot player strategy options are working as intended. Seems my Aparicio hits 9 fairly often, even though I've set him to always hit 8th, versus both RHP and LHP. His OPS+ so far is 8 but I don't got him in the lineup for offense!

My pitching remains a hot mess, though my 89OVR Dennis Eckersley leads the league in saves, with 8.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 01:00 PM   #39
Nero
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Rickey appreciates that thought.
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 01:51 PM   #40
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Since the start the Trenton Minutemen would tear up the Bronze league and get promoted to Silver where we would get destroyed and be relegated back to Bronze. So last season we
barely hung on to our Silver, thanks to a Special Edition Lefty Gomez I picked up for around 35K. So this season I went shopping again and snagged a Perfect Max Scherzer for
25K.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

Last edited by scott1964; 08-20-2019 at 01:53 PM.
scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote