Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-21-2019, 10:49 AM   #3701
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevwilson View Post
For anyone that has doubted the impact of park effects: I built my latest team around left-handing hitting, groundball pitchers and 100+ defense up the middle. Cranked down everything I could to the lowest level possible with the exception of LHB AVG.

Home: 60-21
Away: 33-48

Maybe these are common results, but they are definitely the most robust I have seen among my teams while playing around with different settings.
I was looking at home/away splits in the OL Gold league to see which teams had the most extreme ones.

Harlem is another, they are 57-24 at home, 39-42 on the road. Their park effects?

Straight 1.000 across the board. :/

So more data is needed!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:54 AM   #3702
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
I was looking at home/away splits in the OL Gold league to see which teams had the most extreme ones.

Harlem is another, they are 57-24 at home, 39-42 on the road. Their park effects?

Straight 1.000 across the board. :/

So more data is needed!
Hatchet home locker rooms are best in the league. Definite unseen advantage.

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:58 AM   #3703
Charlatan
All Star Starter

G316 Final Regular Season Update

Redmond cruises to Gold title. Defenders rise to the top

Victoria, Shasta, Redmond, and Harlem all make the playoffs. 0-4 teams could be promoted.

No team is being relegated.

Code:
Our League Standings - G316 - 2035			
			 W	 L	Pct
Redmond Defenders	20	 8	.714
Victoria Vikings	23	15	.605
Harlem Hatchets		30	21	.588
Ozark Bobcats		24	19	.558
Janesville Onyx		20	19	.513
Annandale Atom Smashers	18	21	.462
Tacoma Aroma		20	29	.408
Texas Strangers		18	30	.375
Shasta Black Bears	15	26	.366

x
Attached Images
Image Image 
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:00 AM   #3704
Magus978
All Star Starter

Early returns coming in from S273. Asylum will stay in Silver after losing to the non-OL Historical Baseball Club 8-3 in the AC Wildcard round. Mike Cuellar just didn't have it for the Keepers.

They'll have company in Melaka, who were beaten by the non-OL Dumpster Babies 9-4. Fergie Jenkins got blitzed for 5 runs in 1.2 innings, and that set Melaka too far back for the day.

With that, we're down to 4 OL teams in the playoffs and we're assured of two going up. Sanguine and Pablo face off in the AC Divisional Round, while New York and Harbour Town play in the NC Divisional Round.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 07-21-2019 at 11:07 AM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:06 AM   #3705
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Diamond playoff update:

Cooper goes to extras to defeat Seattle in 10 innings to move on to the LDS

California takes down Lawrence in the NC wild card and moves on to face Waffletown in the LDS.

OL guaranteed 1 promotion to Perfect.
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:25 AM   #3706
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Bronze league final standings:

Redmond wins their first OL crown taking the Bronze OL season with a 51-29 intra-league record.

and Bronze playoff update:

New Zealand and Southside win their wild card games and move on to the LDS.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 07-21-2019, 11:47 AM   #3707
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
They'll have company in Melaka, who were beaten by the non-OL Dumpster Babies 9-4. Fergie Jenkins got blitzed for 5 runs in 1.2 innings, and that set Melaka too far back for the day.

Well done Fergie Jenkins. Melaka is happy to get the 1K PP for reaching playoff then getting the hell out of there.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 12:29 PM   #3708
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Perfect league playoffs, 4 OL teams made it but only 1 will make it to the LCS finals.
Attached Images
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 12:47 PM   #3709
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

OL win totals for Perfect; would be nice if someone double checked this instead of blindly trusting it. Southern is the clear winner regardless, but the rest are jumbled up pretty close.
Attached Images
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 12:53 PM   #3710
allenciox
All Star Reserve

What do you all think of perfect Yaz?

So, the Southpaws recently sold off SP Steve Carlton (94) for 50k (had him for several seasons, originally paid 19k) and used that plus other accumulated PPs to buy Carl Yastremski (100) for 70k. I am still in a bit of sticker shock as that is "by far" the most I have paid for any player on any of my teams. But he can be a decent right-fielder when he is trained to 63 DEF there (since this is lefty team, RF DEF is not as important as on some teams) and he is an awesome hitter... What do people think of the purchase? Do you think he is worth it?

Last edited by allenciox; 07-21-2019 at 12:54 PM.
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 01:00 PM   #3711
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
So, the Southpaws recently sold off SP Steve Carlton (94) for 50k (had him for several seasons, originally paid 19k) and used that plus other accumulated PPs to buy Carl Yastremski (100) for 70k. I am still in a bit of sticker shock as that is "by far" the most I have paid for any player on any of my teams. But he can be a decent right-fielder when he is trained to 63 DEF there (since this is lefty team, RF DEF is not as important as on some teams) and he is an awesome hitter... What do people think of the purchase? Do you think he is worth it?
I find him best as the strong side of a platoon at 1B, but absolutely worth it.
Old 07-21-2019, 01:01 PM   #3712
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Whales really seem to like that card.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 01:02 PM   #3713
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
OL win totals for Perfect; would be nice if someone double checked this instead of blindly trusting it. Southern is the clear winner regardless, but the rest are jumbled up pretty close.
Was hoping Southern would take out the Kingsmen.

Old 07-21-2019, 01:10 PM   #3714
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Yeah, I am pretty happy that the Southpaw team managed to win 100 games this season considering they were in a division with two whales (and all three whales in p413 were in the NL this year).

The Southpaws have been a very lucky team in the past several seasons. They got Willie Mays (99) in a challenge pack, sold him for 158k pp, and dramatically improved the team with the proceeds. Then decided to buy a bunch of packs (ended up being 100) after collections started and was able to sell off the players in them for considerably more than the cost. So that team is almost "dolphin"-league quality even though it is purely an FTP team. All my good luck has happened on that one team --- all PPs gotten by my other teams have been hard earned.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 01:19 PM   #3715
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
According to my numbers, he's the 4th best hitter vR and the 6th best hitter overall, so 70k is a steal since the other players in that vicinity cost like 200k (the likes of 100 Babe Ruth, etc.). I have 1957 Ted Williams on a lower level team who hits similarly (6th vR, 10th overall) and goes for about 50k, but he absolutely cannot play defense which forces him to play DH. Perfect Yas can slot in at 1B, RF, or LF if you need him to which is quite nice. Maybe he can turn around your garbage playoff luck.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 01:24 PM   #3716
revmcgator
All Star Starter

IRON 263 update

The Antique Bulldogs went 4-3 against the rival Redmond BIrds in the last two weeks of the season to hang onto their slim lead and win the OL Iron League championship.

Final Standings (need a double-check, please)
W L Pct.
Antique Bulldogs 18 14 0.563
Stephensville Bears 16 15 0.516
Corinth Cougars 17 16 0.515
Mudville Muffins 6 7 0.462
Redmond Birds 15 20 0.429
Washington Base Stealers 5 8 0.385

In non-OL news, despite being the best of OL, the Bulldogs, along with second-place Stephensville both narrowly missed the Iron263 playoffs.

However, all four other OL teams are in the playoffs and have the opportunity to advance to Bronze.

Old 07-21-2019, 01:33 PM   #3717
Magus978
All Star Starter

New York is swept in the divisional round and will enter their 9th week of silver play. The Patriots have now lost their last 9 divisional round games and have scored a combined total of 7 runs in them.

I thought this would be our week, I really did. No idea where we'll go from here. Just so excruciating knowing we can't even win a playoff game.

Will RNGjesus ever bless the Patriots? Tune in next week, same Magus time, same Magus channel. The big drama show never ends.

*stumbles off to rummage around the wine closet for a hard drink or two (or ten)*
Attached Images

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 01:34 PM   #3718
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post
The Antique Bulldogs went 4-3 against the rival Redmond BIrds in the last two weeks of the season to hang onto their slim lead and win the OL Iron League championship.

Final Standings (need a double-check, please)
W L Pct.
Antique Bulldogs 18 14 0.563
Stephensville Bears 16 15 0.516
Corinth Cougars 17 16 0.515
Mudville Muffins 6 7 0.462
Redmond Birds 15 20 0.429
Washington Base Stealers 5 8 0.385

In non-OL news, despite being the best of OL, the Bulldogs, along with second-place Stephensville both narrowly missed the Iron263 playoffs.

However, all four other OL teams are in the playoffs and have the opportunity to advance to Bronze.
were the Gotham Knights in Iron? I show them part of Iron in the online sheet

Last edited by stl jason; 07-21-2019 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-21-2019, 01:39 PM   #3719
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
Perfect league playoffs, 4 OL teams made it but only 1 will make it to the LCS finals.
Palolo and Kaneohe going down to a game 5. Each team has won their home games. So, Kaneohe clearly has the edge is the deciding match.

Old 07-21-2019, 02:16 PM   #3720
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
were the Gotham Knights in Iron? I show them part of Iron in the online sheet
They were. But not marked as -OL or +. Being unsure of whether to include them, I did not.