Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 11-21-2018, 10:15 PM   #341
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 26th, 1986

Today the Expos are throwing Scott Bankhead (5-17, 5.18).

The Giants have Eric Show (8-13, 3.55).

Neither has a great record but I'll take Eric any day.

I am 0 for 6 vs Bankhead.

I led off for us and grounded out right back to the pitcher.

I made my first defensive play in the 3rd, returning the favour by taking a Bankhead grounder for the 2nd out.

I led off our 4th by flying out to Danny Heep in right.
Mike Aldrete and Rob Deer each hit a solo homer that inning to open the scoring.

Giants lead 2-0.

Lee Mazzilli joined the party by hitting a solo blast to lead off the 5th. I came up with one out and getting my first hit off Bankhead - a single through the right side. I moved to 3rd on an Aldrete single and scored on one by Chili Davis. Mike later scored on a Kenny Oberkfell fielder's choice.

Giants lead 5-0.

I came up with one out in the 6th. Bob Brenly was on 3rd, Lee was on 2nd, and Glenn Abbott was pitching. I singled into right, scoring Bob! I then picked up stolen base #103. Lee crossed and I moved to 3rd on a groundout by Aldrete. I was left there.

Giants won 7-0!

Eric Show ended up pitching a two hit shut out!

I went 2 for 4 with an RBI, a run scored, and a stolen base!

Nestor told me that I am getting tomorrow off. I hate to admit it, but I have been kind of tired. I don't like sitting after a strong day though.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 08:46 AM   #342
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 27th, 1986

The Expos are pitching Michael Mielke (0-0, 2.70).

The Giants have Willie Fraser (13-5, 3.73).

I have the day off. Scott Bradley is playing short.

Well, the guys did pretty well without me. The Giants won 10-2. Scott even went 2 for 4 with an RBI!

We then have a day off while we travel to Philadelphia.

August 29th, 1986

In the City of Brotherly Love and pitching Dennis Eckersley (15-9, 2.34).

The Phillies are pitching Kevin Gross (8-9, 4.47).

I have gone 2 for 18 vs Gross.

I opened the game by popping out to Juan Samuel at 2nd.

In the 2nd I grabbed an Ernie Whitt pop for the 1st out.

I came up with one out in the 3rd and I struck out.

In the bottom half I grabbed a Von Hayes grounder for the 3rd out.

In the 5th I came up with two out and Bob Brenly on 2nd. Gross struck me out for the 2nd straight time.

In the 6th Mike Aldrete scored on a Rob Deer single to finally get not he board.

Giants lead 1-0.

I came up with two out in the 7th and I put one past Samuel for a single. Stolen base #107. I was stranded.

Despite pitching a shut out, Eck was lifted by Nestor in the 7th after walking Whitt. Jeff Robinson came in. Jeff left the inherited runner not he bases.

He got into trouble in the 8th, though, loading the bases with none out. Bo Jackson then doubled, scoring two and taking the lead. Mike Schmidt singled, scoring another.
Mark Davis took over at that point.
I got the 1st out for him, catching a Whitt pop. With the bases re-loaded I took a grounder from pinch hitter Darren Daulton to end the threat.

Phillies lead 3-1.

Down by two in the 9th, first Bob Brenly singled and then Denny Walling tripled, putting us within one and putting the tying run on 3rd with none out! Scott Bradley pinch hit and singled, scoring Denny and tying it up!
I was up next, facing Willie Hernandez with Scott on 1st. I hit one to the fence for a double!
They chose to walk Mike Aldrete to load the bases.
Lee Mazzilli singled to score Scott and give us the lead!
Rob Deer struck out but then Kenny Oberkfell hit a two run double, scoring me and Mike!
Clint Jenkins then HIT Robby Thompson! It sure looked suspect but we kept our heads.
I guess Jenkins was rattled because he then balked, scoring Lee.
With a base open he HIT Bob!
This is some bull****.
We still stayed calm.
Denny got an infield single, scoring Kenny.
Scott (up for the 2nd time despite being a pinch hitter) hit into a double play.

Giants lead 8-3.

Pat Perry came in to finish things off.
I got him the 1st out, taking a Hayes grounder.
Pat struck out the next two to seal the deal.

I went 2 for 5 with a run scored and a stolen base.

Old 11-28-2018, 06:36 AM   #343
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 30th, 1986

Today the Phillies are pitching Erik Hanson (10-13, 3.97).

The Giants have Bruce Ruffin (12-6, 3.21).

I am 2 for 3 vs Hanson.

I kicked off the game by working a 9 pitch walk. I stole base #108 on a missed hit & run by Robby Thompson. With one out I stole #109. I scored on a wild pitch. I manufactured one there!

Giants lead 1-0.

I made the last out in the 2nd, grounding out to 2nd.

I got the 3rd out in the bottom of the 2nd, grabbing a grounder by Keith Miller.

In the 3rd Chili Davis gave us a bigger lead by launching a two run homer.

Giants lead 3-0.

I led off the 5th by grounding out to Juan Samuel at 2nd again.
Robby tripled behind me and then scored on a Chili grounder.

Giants lead 4-0.

We save a run by turning a Thompson / Priske / Walling double play to end the inning.

In the 6th Kenny Oberkfell scored on a Denny Walling grounder. I made the last out by grounding out to 1st.

Giants lead 5-0.

I caught a Samuel looper for the 1st out of the bottom frame. The Phils got not he board when Von Hayes scored on a Tim Raines single. Raines later scored on a Mike Schmidt single.

Giants lead 5-2.

Nestor lifted Bruce after he gave up lead off single in the 7th. Jeff Robinson came in. We erased the inherited runner with a Priske / Thompson / Walling double play.

In the 8th Kenny O scored on a Ben Oglivie double. Lee Mazzilli pinch ran for him and scored on a Walling single. I hit a sac fly off Clint Jenkins to score Denny.

Giants lead 8-2.

Mark Davis took over pitching in the 8th. I got him the 1st out in the 9th off an Ernie Whitt grounder. He gave up a single and Nestor went with Pat Perry. Two outs later and we had the game.

I went 0 for 3 with a walk, a sac fly, and RBI, a run scored, and two stolen bases.

Decent game despite not getting a hit.

We have the 4th best record in all of baseball yet are still 3rd in our division, trailing the Dodgers by 9 games.

Old 12-02-2018, 01:32 AM   #344
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 31st, 1986

The Phillies are pitching Charles Hudson (11-9, 3.65).

The Giants are going with Eric Show (9-13, 3.37).

I am a big 7 for 14 vs Hudson.

I kicked off the game by striking out.

The Phillies drew first blood in the 2nd when Greg Jelks singled home Darren Daulton.

Phillies lead 1-0.

I came up with two out in the 3rd and I grounded out to Mike Schmidt at 1st.

In the bottom half Tim Raines slugged a solo homer.

Phillies lead 2-0.

In the 4th Mike Aldrete scored from 1st on a Chili Davis double.

Phillies lead 2-1.

In the bottom half I made my 10th error of the season. It should have been a double play but I threw it away. The worst part is that Dalton later scored on an unearned wild pitch. I caught a Raines pop for the last out.

Phillies lead 3-1.

I came up in the 5th with two out and Denny Walling on 2nd. I walked. Mike Aldrete followed with a double and we both scored! Mike then scored on a Chili single!

Giants lead 4-3.

The lead was short lived as Dalton tripled home Bo Jackson. Then Dalton scored on a Craig Reynolds single.
That was it for Eric as he was lifted for Jeff Robinson.

Phillies lead 5-4.

I got the 1st out in the bottom of the 6th, nailing Raines on a Jackson fielder's choice. The Phils scored again when Von Hayes crossed on a Daulton single.

Phillies lead 6-4.

I came up in the 7th with none out and pinch-hitter Scott Bradley on 1st. John Cerutti was pitching. I blasted one to deep left-centre and hustled to a stand up, RBI triple! I then scored, tying the game, on an Aldrete sac fly!

Game tied 6-6.

Mike Perez took over pitching for us. I go the 1st out for him, handling a Jelks grounder.

Frank Williams took over with two out in the 8th.

I came up with two out in the 9th, facing Willie Hernandez. I put one up the middle for a single. I went to 2nd on stolen base #110. I was left there.

Scott Garrelts relieved for us.
Unfortunately pinch hitter Jim Dwyer blasted a two run homer for the walk-off 8-6 win for Philadelphia.

I went 2 for 4 with a single, a triple, an RBI, a run scored, and a stolen base.

September call-up time! I know a bunch of these guys but some are new.

Brad Wellman
Curt Brown
Bill Laskey
Randy Morse
Steve Stanicek
Mike Jones
Kelvin Torve
Phil Oullette
Jessie Reid
Steve Nicosia
Keith Smith
Alejandro Sanchez

They are joining us in New York for a series against the Mets.

Old 12-04-2018, 06:34 AM   #345
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 1st, 1986

In Shea to face the Mets in an afternoon game.

They are pitching Sid Fernandez (8-12, 2.71).

The Giants have Willie Fraser (14-5, 3.63).

I have gone 3 for 18 vs El Sid.

I led off the game by working a walk on five pitches. Stolen base #111 quickly followed. I scored on a Mike Aldrete single.

Giant lead 1-0.

I got the 2nd out in the bottom half catching a Dave Magadan pop. I then grabbed a Lenny Dykstra grounder for the 3rd.

The Mets grabbed the lead in the 2nd when Scott Little blasted a three-run homer.

Mets lead 3-1.

I came up with two out in the 3rd and grounded out to Hubie Brooks at short.

In the 4th Little hit into a Priske - Thompson - Stanicek double play to end the inning.

In the 5th I came up with one out and Stanicek on 2nd. I struck out.

In the 6th the Mets widened their lead when Ken Phelps walloped a two-run shot.

Mets lead 5-1.

I came up in the 7th with two out, Robby Thompson in 2nd, and pinch hitter Lee Mazzilli on 1st. I grounded out to Brooks again.

Pat Perry relieved after that. They scored on him when Magadan doubled home El Sid. I grabbed a Dykstra pop for the 2nd out.

Mets lead 6-1.

We got one back in the 9th when Kenny Obekfell scored on a Stanicek sac fly but it ended as a 6-2 loss.

I went 0 for 3 with a walk, a stolen base, and a run scored.

Old 12-07-2018, 10:55 PM   #346
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 2nd, 1986

Today the Giants are pitching Mark Grant (0-3, 6.27).

The Mets are going with Tim Leary (5-8, 5.03).

Mark hasn't really found his footing in the rotation yet, plus his shoulder has been barking a bit.

I am 2 for 4 vs Leary.

I kicked off the game by flying out to Kevin Mitchell in left.

I made the 3rd out in the bottom half, grabbing a Lenny Dykstra liner.

I came up with two out in the 3rd and I grounded out to Dave Magadan at 3rd.

That shoulder problem reared its head as Mark had to leave the game with one out in the bottom of the 3rd. Mike Perez took his spot on the mound.
Hopefully Mark isn't hurt too badly.

I got the 2nd out in the 4th, catching a Darryl Strawberry pop fly.

We opened the scoring in the 5th when Denny Walling walked, moved to 2nd on a sac bunt by Robby Thompson, to 3rd on a wild pitch, and scored on a Bob Brenly ground out.

Giants lead 1-0.

I got the last out in the bottom half, taking a Dave Cochrane grounder.

I came up with one out in the 6th and I flew out to Strawberry in right.

Bill Laskey relieved for us in the bottom half.

I came up in the 8th with two out an pinch hitter John Rabb on 1st. Jesse Orosco was now pitching. I struck out.

After both Scott Bradley and Laskey were pinch hit for, Scott Garrelts came in to pitch, Steve Stanicek stayed in to play left, Mike Aldrete moved to 1st, and Denny Walling moved to 3rd.

Scott pitched the 8th but after he gave up a one out walk in the 9th, Nestor went to Frank Williams. With a man on 3rd Ken Phelps hit into a Priske - Thompson - Adrete double play to end the game.

Five pitchers combined for a 5 hit shut out as we won 1-0.

I went 0 for 4.

Last edited by rpriske; 12-07-2018 at 11:22 PM.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:42 AM   #347
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 3rd, 1986

Today the Giants are pitching Dennis Eckersley (15-9, 2.26).

We are facing the Mets and Dwight Gooden (12-8, 2.41).

I have gone 3 for 22 vs Gooden.

I led off the game by hitting a single into right. I stole base #112 and went to 3rd when they threw it away trying to catch me. Mike Aldrete scored me on a sac fly.

Giants lead 1-0.

I came up with two out in the 3rd and I grounded out to Dave Magadan at 3rd.

I came up next in the 6th with one out and Eck on 1st. I singled in to centre and Eck moved to 3rd. Stolen base #113 put me on 2nd. With two out we both scored on a Chili Davis single.

Giants lead 3-0.

I made my first defensive play that inning, catching a pop up by pinch hitter Wally Backman.

In the 7th we got another run when Kenny Oberkfell scored on a Denny Walling single.

Giants lead 4-0.

Curt Brown relieved for Eck in the 7th.

I led off the 8th, now facing Rick Aguilera. I ground out to Hubie Brooks at short.

The Mets finally scored that inning when Ken Phelps led off with a home run. I got the last out, taking a grounder from Alfredo Griffin.

Giants lead 4-1.

Curt game up a single with one out in the 9th and Nestor went to Scott Garrelts. He walked a batter but then Brooks hit into a Stanicek - Priske - Stanicek double play to end it.

We won and I went 2 for 4 with two stolen bases and two runs scored!

Tomorrow we are heading back to Canada to face the Expos!

We got bas news about Mark Grant. Inflammation in his shoulder will cost him the rest of the season.
John Burkett was called up. Considering that this is his debut, he sure thinks a lot of himself.

Nestor just told me that I am getting the first game in Montreal off. I never like to sit but I have to admit that I could use the rest.

Last edited by rpriske; 12-10-2018 at 06:44 AM.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:05 AM   #348
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 4th, 1986

We are in Montreal. We have Bruce Ruffin (13-6, 3.20) vs Jeff Russell (1-7, 4.81).

I am sitting this one out. A rest day.

I actually got in the game in the 8th, pinch running for Steve Stanicek. I stayed in to play SS but never got an at bat.

We lost 4-3.

September 5th, 1986

Today we have Eric Show (9-13, 3.49) vs Scott Bankhead (5-19, 5.14).

I have gone 1 for 9 vs Bankhead.

I open the game by grounding out to Toby Harrah at 2nd.

Montreal started the scoring in the 2nd inning when Ken Landreaux crossed on a Thomas Howard single.

Expos lead 1-0.

I came up in the 3rd with one out and Show on 1st. I dropped one in to shallow centre for a single. Show moved to 3rd. Kenny Oberkfell hit into a fielder's choice that eliminates me but scores Eric.

Game tied 1-1.

I made my first defensive play in the 3rd, grabbing a Chuck Jackson grounder for the 1st out. Tim Flannery hit an RBI double, scoring Bankhead.
There was a bit of a fuss that inning as Pat Tabler argued after being struck out and was tossed from the game.

Expos lead 2-1.

I got the 1st out in the 4th off a Harrah grounder.

I came up with two out in the 5th and legged out an infield single. Stolen base #116 followed but I was left there.

I got the last out in the 6th, taking another Harrah grounder.

I came up with one out in the 8th and I hit my second straight infield single. One got away from Bankhead and he hit Kenny O, moving me up a bag. Greg Harris relieved and walked Mike Aldrete to load them up. I scored on a Chili Davis sac fly. Keith Smith replaced Kenny as a pinch runner but Rob Deer struck out.

Game tied 2-2.

Keith stayed in to play 3rd. Mark Davis came in to pitch.
The game didn't stay tied long as Jackson scored on a Leandreaux sac fly. Pinch hitter Larry Parrish then scored on a Harrah single.

Expos lead 4-2.

The game ended with me standing in the on-deck circle.

I went 3 for 4 with a run scored and a stolen base.

Old 12-16-2018, 09:45 AM   #349
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 6th, 1986

Still in Montreal. Today the Giants are going with Willie Fraser (14-6, 3.79).

The Expos are using Michael Mielke (0-1, 3.91).

I have never faced Mielke.

My first time against opened the game. I took a walk. Stolen base #117 followed. I was left.

I made the first defensive play for San Francisco, grabbing a Chuck Jackson grounder for the 1st out. I also grabbed a Pat Tabler pop for the 3rd.

I came up with one out in the 3rd and put one up the middle for the first hit of the game. Stolen base #118. I moved to 3rd on a fly by Kenny Oberkfell. I scored on a Mike Aldrete single.

Giants lead 1-0.

I came up in the 4th with two out and the bases loaded. I hit a single to centre and both Rob Deer and Denny Walling scored!

Giants lead 3-0.

I led off the 7th, now facing Chuck Finley. I struck out. With two out Aldrete doubled and Chili Davis smacked a two run homer.

Giants lead 5-0.

The Expos got not he board in the bottom of the 7th when Danny Heep smacked a double to score Tabler.
Nestor brought in Jeff Robinson to pitch.
Toby Harrah crossed on a Tom Foley grounder.

Giants lead 5-2.

I came up in the 9th with pinch hitter Ben Oglivie on 1st. Randy St.Claire was pitching. I struck out.
The rest of the inning went batter.
Kenny O singled.
Aldrete walked, loading the bases.
Glenn Abbott relieved for Montreal.
Chili walked, scoring Ben.
Deer walked, scoring Kenny.
Robby Thompson singled, scoring Mike, but then Landreaux threw the ball away and Chili scored.
Bob Brenly grounded out, Deer scored.

Giants lead 10-2.

Randy Morse came in to pitch for us.
He gave up a double but I grabbed a Razor Shines grounder for the last out.

I made the highlight reel! I went 2 for 4 with 2 singles, a walk, 2 RBI, a run scored, and 2 stolen bases!

Old 12-19-2018, 11:06 PM   #350
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 7th, 1986

The newest member of the Giants is starting tonight - John Burkett is making his debut.

The Expos are pitching Wally Whitehurst (1-2, 4.42).

I have gone 2 for 4 against him.

I kicked off the game by striking out.

I came up in the 2nd with two out and Denny Walling on 2nd. I drew a walk. We were left.

Montreal opened the scoring in the 4th when Chris Sabo smashed a three-run dinger.

Expos lead 3-0.

I led off the 5th by hitting one into the right field corner for a double. I take 3rd for stolen base #119. I scored on a Kenny Oberkfell sac fly.

Expos lead 3-1.

The Expos loaded them up in the 6th with only one out. A passed ball led to Tim Flannery scoring. Sabo walked, re-loading the sacks and Nestor gave the rook the hook, bringing in Pat Perry. (double switching in Lee Mazzilli taking over 1st from Walling.)
Tom Foley hit into a fielder’s choice, scoring Ken Landreaux.

Expos lead 5-1.

I came up in the 7th with one out and Chuck Finley pitching. I flew out to Chuck Jackson in right.

Frank William took over on the mound for us after Pat let the first batter in the 8th reach.

We never got back into it.

I went 1 for 3 with a double, a walk, a run scored, and a stolen base.

We are heading back to San Francisco to play the Padres.

Old 12-23-2018, 12:01 AM   #351
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 8th, 1986

Apparently we have a 0.2% chance of making the play-offs.

"So you are saying there's a chance?"

The Padres are in town and pitching Mark Langston (9-14, 4.07).

The Giants are going with Dennis Eckersley (16-9, 2.19).

I have gone 5 for 8 vs Langston.

The Pads strike early as Tony Gwynn homers with two out.

Padres lead 1-0.

I lead off the bottom half by striking out.

I made my first defensive play in the 3rd, grabbing a Harold Reynolds grounder for the last out.

I came up with two out in the bottom frame, and Eck standing on 1st. I struck out again.

In the 4th John Kruk scored from 1st on a Gwynn double.

Padres lead 2-0.

In the 5th Phil Ouellette, in his second big league at-bat, mashed a solo homer.

Padres lead 2-1.

In the 6th Reynolds scored on a Gwynn sac fly. Kevin McReynolds followed that with a solo homer.

Padres lead 4-1.

I led off the bottom half by drawing a walk. Mike Aldrete walked right after me. I took 3rd with stolen base #120. I scored on a Chili Davis fielder's choice.

Padres lead 4-2.

Curt Brown relieved with one out in the 7th. He finished the inning and Mark Davis took over to open the 8th. I got the 1st out for him, grabbing a grounder from Reynolds.

I led off the bottom of the 8th, now facing Gregory Sillivent. I struck out yet again.

Scott Garrelts came in to pitch the 9th.

The bottom of the 9th saw Steve Stanicek and Kenny Oberkfell both single to open things up, Nestor went with Keith Smith as a pinch runner at 2nd. John Rabb double, scoring Smith and moving the tying run to 3rd with none out. They intentionally walked Denny Walling. Phil Oulette hits a grounder and they get Kenny O at home. Pinch hitter Ben Oglivie walks to tie it up. I pop out to 2nd. Mike Aldrete singles and we have the walk off win!

Good day for the team, but my three strikeouts are weighing on me.

Old 12-26-2018, 09:44 AM   #352
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 9th, 1986

Today the Padres are pitching a former teammate of ours, Eric King! (9-5, 3.82)

The Giants are going with Bruce Ruffin (13-6, 3.23).

This will be the first time we have faced Eric since the trade that brought us Eric Show.

The Padres struck in the 1st. Bruce struck out the first two batters but then a walk and a pair of singles scored Tony Gwynn. Another walk loaded the bases but then I grabbed an Ozzie Guillen grounder to end the inning.

Padres lead 1-0.

I led off the home half by putting one up the middle for a single. Kenny Oberkfell singled and I busted it to 3rd... but was gunned down!

They got us again in the 2nd when King scored on a John Kruk single.

Padres lead 2-0.

In the 3rd Juan Beniquez led off with a triple and then scored on a Guillen sac fly.

Padres lead 3-0.

I came up with one out in the 3rd and grounded out to Guillen at short.

I got a King grounder for the 1st out in the 4th.

Then I got a Darrell Miller grounder for the 1st out in the 6th. After Bruce gave up a single to Eric, Nestor pulled him for Bill Laskey. He fares no better as Gwynn collects another RBI single. I grabbed a KevinMcReynolds grounder for the final out.

Padres lead 4-0

I led off the bottom of the 6th by striking out.

I got the 3nd out in the 7th, taking another Guillen grounder.

Bill hit the first batter in the 8th and Nestor gave him the hook, bringing in Pat Perry. He walked a batter but a Thompson - Priske - Stanicek double play got us out of the inning.

I came up with one out in the bottom frame, with Bill Long now on the mound. I grounded out to Guillen again.

Frank Williams came in to pitch the 9th for us.

He got through it but we were unable to score in the final outing and we lost 4-0.

Poetic, I guess, for Eric King to pitch 7 innings of shut out ball against the team that traded him away.

I went 1 for 4 with a single.

Tomorrow the Reds are coming in to town.

Old 12-28-2018, 03:20 PM   #353
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 10th, 1986

The Reds are in town and pitching Jay Tibbs (10-9, 3.42).

The Giants are pitching Eric Show (9-13, 3.45).

I like facing Tibbs. I have gone 11 for 24 against him.

They got a lead off single but a nice Thompson - Priske - Walling double play fixed that.

I led off the home half by hitting one to the left field wall for a double. I moved to 3rd on a grounder by Robby Thompson and scored on a grounder by Mike Aldrete.

Giants lead 1-0.

In the 2nd Scott Bradley hit his 2nd dinger of the year.

Giants lead 2-0.

I led off in the 3rd by grounding out to Al Newman at 3rd.

I got the 1st out in the 4th, handling a Ryne Sandberg grounder. The Reds scored when Eric Davis crossed on a Kal Daniels sac fly.

Giants lead 2-1.

I led off again in the 5th. I grounded one to Sandberg at 2nd but he dropped it, allowing me to reach on his error. I went to 2nd on a sac bunt by Robby. I stole 3rd for stolen base #121. I scored on an Aldrete grounder. Chili Davis followed with a solo homer.

Giants lead 4-1.

Will Clark led off the 6th with a home run.

Giants lead 4-2.

I came up with one out in the 7th and grounded out to Kurt Stillwell at short.
Jay Tibbs left the game after that. Apparently he hurt his arm.

Eric gave up a one out single in the 8th and Nestor went to the pen, brining in the stopper, Scott Garrelts.

In the bottom half Aldrete scored on a Denny Walling double.

Giants lead 5-2.

The Reds scored in the 9th, with a two our double by Newman scoring Stillwell. Then Dwight Evans singled, putting the potential tying run on base. Clark grounded out and it was over.

Giants win 5-3.

I went 1 for 4 with a double, 2 runs scored, and a stolen base.

I am hitting .244 on the year.

Old 12-28-2018, 03:24 PM   #354
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 11th, 1986

Today the Reds are pitching Andy Hawkins (9-6, 5.32).

The Giants are going with Willie Fraser (15-6, 3.75).

But I have the day off!

I did get pinch hitting spot in the 7th, but got nothing from it.

We lost 12-3.

Old 12-28-2018, 03:38 PM   #355
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 12th, 1986

The Braves are in town and pitching Tom Glavine (8-11, 4.79).

The Giants are going with John Burkett (0-1, 8.44).

This is where our pitcher injuries are costing us.

I have gone 3 for 15 vs Glavine, though one was a homer.

I led off the home half of the 1st by grounding out to Ron Cey at 3rd.

I got the 2nd out int he 2nd by returning the favour to Cey.

I came up in the 3rd with Burkett on 1st and none out. I grounded into fielder's choice back to the pitcher. I took 2nd on a Mike Aldrete grounder but got no further.

I came up next with two out in the 5th and I struck out.

I got the 2nd out in the 6th, grabbing a Gary Sheffield grounder.

The goose egg was finally cracked in the 7th when John Rabb launched a two run homer.

Giants lead 2-0.

I led off the bottom the 8th, now facing Ken Dayley. I hit a chopper to Cey at 3rd which I beat out for an infield single. Mike Aldrete walked. I stole 3rd for #122. I got no further.

Scotty Garrelts came in to pitch the 9th. He gave up a one out walk but a Walling - Priske - Garrelts double play ended the game.

Giants win!

I went 1 for 4 with a single and a stolen base.

Last edited by rpriske; 12-30-2018 at 11:21 PM.
Old 12-30-2018, 11:48 PM   #356
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 13th, 1986

Today the Braves are pitching Craig McMurtry (0-3, 7.04).

The Giants are going with Dennis Eckersley (16-9, 2.30).

Seems like a mismatch.

I have only faced McMurtry once and got a hit.

I led off the home half by flying gout to Claudell Washington at the wall in right.

The Braves opened the scoring in the 2nd when Andres Galarraga reached on an error by Rob Deer and then scored on a Ron Cey double.

Braves lead 1-0.

They struck again in the 3rd when Milt Thompson tripled and scored on a Ron Oester single.

I came up with one out in the bottom frame and grounded out to Oester at 2nd.

We turned thing s around din the 4th. Rob Deer got a one out single. He scored on a two out double by Bob Brenly. They walked Denny Walling to face Eck... who made them pay with a three run homer. I singled but was caught stealing.

Giants lead 4-2.

Jeff Robinson relieved for Eck in the 7th.

I came up with one out in the 7th and grounded out to Galarraga at 1st.

Scott Garrelts came in to pitch in the 8th. He struck out the side but in the 9th he gave up back-to-back hits and Nestor went with Mark Davis.
Mark couldn't strand those inherited runners and they both scored on a Galarraga double, tying the game.

Game tied 4-4.

We went to extra innings and Pat Perry was brought in to start the 10th.
I got the 3rd out for him, off an Oester grounder.

I led off the bottom half, facing Steve Bedrosian. I flew out to Mike Cole in centre.

I made the 2nd play in the 11th, grabbing a Cey grounder for the out.

I did the same in the 12th, off a Brad Komminsk grounder.

It ended that inning, with me standing in the on-deck circle. Ben Oglivie got a pinch hit RBI single, scoring Bob Brenly, for the 5-4 win!

I went 1 for 5 with a single and a caught stealing.

Old 01-01-2019, 01:34 PM   #357
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 14th, 1986

Today the Braves are pitching Duane Ward (0-0, 4.15).

The Giants are using Bruce Ruffin (13-7, 3.24).

I have only faced Ward a couple of times and am 0 for 2.

I led off the home side by grounding out to Ron Oester at 2nd.

Atlanta scored in the 2nd - Ron Cey crossing on a Gerald Perry sac fly.

Braves lead 1-0.

I came up with one out in the 3rd and grounded out to Gary Sheffield at short.
After that Kenny Oberkfell put one in the seats to tie the game.

Game tied 1-1.

I led off in the 6th and flew out to Perry in left.

We took the lead in the 7th when Chili Davis scored on a Denny Walling single.

Giants lead 2-1.

Mark Davis took the mound for us in the 8th.
I got the 1st out for him, handling a Tommy Thompson grounder.

I led off our half of that inning, now facing Brian Fisher. I dropped one in left for a single. Stolen base #123. I moved to 3rd on a Kenny O fly ball. I scored on a Mike Aldrete single. Chili then smacked a two run homer.

Giants lead 5-1.

I got the 2nd out in the 9th, of a grounder by Andres Galarraga. Mark struck out Key and we had the win.

I went 1 for 4 with a single, a stolen base, and a run scored.

Tomorrow is a travel day. We are heading down the coast to San Diego.

Old 01-01-2019, 01:53 PM   #358
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 16th, 1986

We are in San Diego and the Giants are pitching ex-Padre Eric Show (10-13, 3.41).
The Padres are using Dave Dravecky (12-12, 3.39).

I have done pretty weak against Dravecky, hitting .292 in 24 at bats.)

I led off the game by hitting a single into centre field. Mike Aldrete singled and I went to 3rd. I scored on a Chili Davis sac fly.

Giants lead 1-0.

I got the 2nd out from the Padres, catching a Tony Gwynn pop. I then finished the inning taking a Kevin McReynolds grounder.

That continued in the 2nd as I took an Ozzie Guillen grounder for the 1st out. Dravecky reached 1st when Bob Brenly lost the 3rd strike on what should have been the last out. The Padres made us pay when Randy Ready followed with a three-run double.

Padres lead 3-1.

I led off the 3rd by grounding out to Guillen at short.

In the San Diego half I got the 2nd out, catching a Guillen pop. I then grabbed a Juan Beniquez grounder to end the inning.

Bob tried to make up for that costly passed ball with a lead-off home run in the 5th.
I came up with one out and Denny Walling on 1st. I hit into a fielder's choice. Stolen base #124. I was left.

Padres lead 3-2.

I grabbed a Gwynn grounder for the 3rd out in the home 5th.

We tied it up in the 6th when Chili scored on an error by catcher Mark Parent.

Game tied 3-3.

I got the 1st out in the bottom half, making a nice play on a Guillen liner. Then I caught a Beniquez pop up.

I led off the 7th by grounding out to Guillen again.

San Diego got the lead back in the 7th when Randy Ready homered.

Padres lead 4-3.

Jeff Robinson relieved for us in the 8th. I got he last out in the frame for him, snagging a Scott Parsons grounder.

I came up with one out in the top of the 9th. Lance McCullers was pitching. I struck out. We followed with two singles but couldn't get that last run and lost the game.

I went 1 for 5 with a single, a stolen base, and a run scored.

Old 01-01-2019, 02:17 PM   #359
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 17th, 1986

Today the Giants are pitching Willie Fraser (15-7, 3.93).

The Padres are going with Scott McGregor (9-7, 3.13).

I have gone 0 for 7 vs McGregor.

I led off the game by striking out.
The rest of the inning when better, culminating in a Rob Deer 3-run homer.

Giants lead 3-0.

I came up in the 2nd with two out and Denny Walling on 1st. I struck out again.

Mike Aldrete led off the 3rd with a solo blast.

Giants lead 4-0.

I came up in the 4th with two out and Bob Brenly on 2nd. I singled into right centre, scoring Bob!

Giants lead 5-0.

I got the 2nd out in the bottom half, grabbing a Tony Gwynn grounder. I then finished the inning with the same from Kevin McReynolds.

In the 6th Bob scored on a double by Denny Walling. I came up with Denny still on 2nd and two out. Darrell Whitaker was pitching. Scott Parsons dropped my grounder and I was safe on his error. Mikey Aldrete singled, scoring Denny. I went to 2nd. Chili singled and I scored.

Giants lead 8-0.

I got the 1st out in the bottom half, grabbing a Darrell Miller grounder.

In the 7th Robby Thompson scored from 1st on a Denny double. I came up with him still at 2nd and two out. I singled and Denny scored. However, Denny was hurt in a collision at home. I moved to 2nd.

I hope Denny is okay,

Aldrete walked and then we pulled off a double steal. While up by 10. Yeah, that was kind of bush.

Giants lead 10-0.

Steve Stanicek took over at 1st.
I got the 3rd out in the bottom of the 7th, taking a Mark Wasinger grounder.

Stanicek made the most of his playing time by leading off the 9th with a solo homer. I came up with one out. Mark Williamson was pitching. I hit one off the right field wall for a double. Stolen base #126.

I can't lie. I should expect to get thumped the next time we play.

I was thrown out trying to score on a Chili fly.

I kind of deserve that.

Giants lead 11-0.

Willie couldn't quite get the complete game shut out. Nestor took him with two out in the 9th and a man on. Randy Morse took over an induced a grounder by McReynolds which I took to end things.

We won. Hard.

I went 3 for 6 with a single, two doubles, two RBI, a run scored, and two stolen bases.

That was... Yeah. Not my finest hour. (The stolen bases, that is. The rest was great.)

Tomorrow is an off-day as we head to Atlanta.

Old 01-01-2019, 02:19 PM   #360
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

Denny Walling has a badly strained hamstring. He is done for the year.

Is that it for him as a Giant? He is a free agent after this.