Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 02-20-2018, 11:56 AM   #221
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 12th, 1986

Mark Grant is making his first start of the season.
We are facing the Dodgers and Orel Hershiser.
I have had lots of trouble against him. I went 1 for 13 against him last year.

To start the game it was more of the same. He struck me out.

The Dodgers hit early with Franklin Stubbs smashing a two run homer before we recorded an out.
I got the last out if the inning of a Tim Wallach grounder.

Dodgers lead 2-0.

We got one back in the 2nd when Rob Deer scored on a double play.

Dodgers lead 2-1.

I got the 2nd out in the bottom half, shopping a Jon Debus grounder.

I came up in the 3rd with two out and Orel pitched a little too far inside, giving me the base on a hit-by-pitch. Next came stolen base #3. That was it.

They got another run when Mike Marshall doubled home Darrell Evans from 1st.

Dodgers lead 3-1.

We tied it up in the 4th! Deer walked and then Mike Aldrete tripled him home before scoring on a Chris Brown groundball.

Game tied 3-3.

I came up with two out again in the 5th. I grounded out to Hershiser.

In the 6th Rob Deer singled home Robby Thompson to give us the lead!

Giants lead 4-3!

In the 7th I made the 2nd out off an Even grounder, but Steve Sax scored on the play to re-tie the game. I got Marshall for the last out.

Game tied 4-4.

I led off the 8th, now facing Ken Howell. He struck me out.

Jeff Robinson relieved for us that inning. I got the last out for him, taking a Mookie Wilson pinch hit grounder.

I came up with one out in the 10th, now facing Tom Niedenfuer. I grounded out to Keith Lockhart at short.

Scott Garrelts relieved for us in the 10th. I got the 1st out for him, taking a Franklin Stubbs grounder.

In the 11th Rob Deer hit a solo homer to put us back in front!

Giants lead 5-4!

I got the 1st out in the bottom half (a Dave Anderson pinch hit grounder) but only after Tim Wallach doubled. He moved to 3rd on the play. Scotty shut them down after that, I we finally had a win.

I am now hitting .056

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:29 PM   #222
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 13th, 1986

A big day in L.A. as Dennis Eckersley (0-0, 1.29) faces Fernando Velenzuela (1-0, 1.12).

I am 1 for 20 vs Fernando.

I didn't change anything to kick off the game - I grounded out to Steve Sax at 2nd.

Eck wasn't quite as successful in the bottom half as he coughed up a two-run blast to Candy Maldonado.

Dodgers lead 2-0.

I came up in the 3rd with two out and Robby Thompson on 2nd. Fernando walked me on four straight. Mariano Duncan flubbed a grounder from Kenny Oberkfell to load the bases. Chili Davis grounded out and we were all left.

In the bottom half Duncan doubled, scoring Sid Bream. Then Fernando singled, scoring both Tim Wallach and Duncan.

Dodgers lead 5-0.

It got worse in the 4th when Darrell Evans launched a two-run shot.

Dodgers lead 7-0.

I came up in the 5th with pinch hitter Chris Brown on 2nd and none out. I grounded out to Fernando, but at least I moved Brownie up. He later scored on a wild pitch.

Dodgers lead 7-1.

Willie Fraser took the mound for us after that.
He did okay for one inning but in the 6th he gave up a two-run shot to Franklin Stubbs.
I made my first defensive play after that, retiring Evans on a grounder. I did the same to Wallach for the 3rd out.

Dodgers lead 9-1.

I came up in the 7th with one out and Robby on 3rd and pinch hitter Lee Mazzilli on 2nd. I struck out.

Pat Perry took the mound for us after another fail of an inning.

It never got any better for us.

After getting beat up by the Dodgers, we were now 1-5.

I am now hitting .048

This is getting... desperate.

Tomorrow is an off-day and then we are at the stick for our home opener.

Old 02-21-2018, 06:56 PM   #223
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 15th, 1986

The home opener and the fans were out big! They are looking excited, despite our tough start.

The Astros are in town and pitching John Candelaria.
We have rookie Bruce Ruffin.

I have gone 3 for 14 vs Candy. That is better than I have done against most.

I kicked off the bottom of the 1st by ling out to Harold Baines in right.
Things went better right away as Mike Aldrete smacked a three-run smash for us.

Giants lead 3-0.

In the 2nd I was the pivot on a Thompsn - Priske - Aldrete double play to get Glenn Davis and Ken Griffey.

The 'Stros got some back in the 3rd when Jerry Mumphrey singled home Ron Hassey and Dickie Thon. Then Baines tripled to tie it up.

Game tied 3-3.

I led off the bottom half by grounding out to Thon at short.
Mike Aldrete came up big for us again, doubling home Kenny Oberkfell and Child Davis. Then Bob Brenly singled Mike across.

Giants lead 6-3.

I got the 3rd out in the 4th, taking a grounder from Hassey.

I came up in the home half with one out and Lee Mazzilli on 2nd. I grounded out to Doug DeCinces at 3rd.

In the 5th Jerry Mumphrey singled home punch hitter Keith Hernandez. Then Glenn Davis did the same with Bill Doran.

Giants lead 6-5.

In the 6th I kicked off a Priske - Thompson - Aldrete double play to get Hassey and Thon.

In the 7th Jeff Robinson took the mound for us. I should have gotten the 3rd out for him but I threw away a ball to 1st, making my first error of the year.
Thankfully it didn't cost us.

I led off the bottom half, now facing Mike Flanagan. He struck me out.

In the 8th the Astros tied the game up off a Hassey sac fly.

Game tied 6-6.

With one out in the 8th Scott Garrelts took the ball for us. He double switched John Rabb in behind the plate. Mike Jones was in centre after Lee Mazzilli was lifted last inning.

I came up with now out in the bottom of the 9th. It was Frank DiPino pitching for Houston. I grounded right back to him.

In the 11th we got a nice Thompson - Priske - O'Malley double play to get Hassey and Thon. I then got ex-teammate Kenny Smith for the last out.

In the bottom half, while I stood in the on-deck circle, John Rabb knocked Robby Thompson home for a walk-off 7-6 win!

Nice home opener!

Of course, I am now hitting .038.
How can Nestor keep playing me?

We heard after the game that Hal McRae had been released.

If a vet like him doesn't get the benefit of the doubt, how does a kid like me stay in the line-up?

Last edited by rpriske; 02-21-2018 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:23 PM   #224
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 16th, 1986

Today the Astros are pitching Bert Blyelven.

The Giants have Terry Mulholland.

I am 0 for 10 vs Bert.

Houston opened the scoring right away as Glenn Davis singled home Harold Baines. I stopped them by taking a Doug DeCinces grounder for the last out.

Astros lead 1-0.

I led off the home half by grounding out to Dickie Thon at short.

We tied it up in the 2nd when Robby Thompson singled home Mike Aldrete.
I came up with two out and two on. I struck out.

Game tied 1-1.

I got the 1st out in the 3rd, off a Bill Doran grounder.

In the 4th Ken Griffey smacked a two run homer to grab the lead back for Houston. I got the 2nd out after that, off a Thon grounder.

Astros lead 3-1.

I got the last out in the visitor's 5th, off a Glenn Davis grounder.

I then led off our half by grounding out to DeCinces at 3rd.
What did you expect at this point?

I tried to make up for it on defies, but making a highlight catch off a DeCinces liner.

Pat Perry took the ball for us with two out in the 7th. He double switched in Tom O'Malley for Kenny Oberkfell at 3rd.
Perry couldn't strand the inherited runner as Jerry Mumphrey singled home Bill Doran.

Astros lead 4-1.

I got the 1st out in the 8th off a Davis grounder.

I led off our half by striking out.

Frank Williams took the mound in the 9th.
I got the 2nd out for him, on a pinch hit Keith Hernandez grounder.

In the bottom of the 9th, down by three, we started things off with a Bob Brenly single, a Robby Thompson reached-on-error, and a Steve Stanicek walk. That brought Tom O'Malley up with the bases loaded and none out. He lined out but Brenly scored.
Nestor did the right thing, and pinch hit for me. Lee Mazzilli walked the bags back full. Mike Jones pinch hit a single to bring us within one. Chili Davis hit a sac fly to score Stanicek to tie the game. Rob Deer walked and we are tied again. Mike Aldrete grounded out and the game was going to extras.

Without me in it.

In the 10th the Astris scored three times, unanswered. We had lost another one. We are 2-6. (We aren't even in last. The Padres are 1-9. And they are coming to town tomorrow.)

I am .033.

Tim Raines finished a 38 game hit streak yesterday.

I can't even get one measly hit in a series.

Last edited by rpriske; 02-24-2018 at 08:57 AM.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:24 AM   #225
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 17th, 1986

Today we are battling it out to see who is really the worst team int he league thus far.

The Padres are pitching Dave Dravecky (0-1, 4.05).
The Giants have Eric King (0-1, 1.80).

I have gone 3 for 13 vs Dravecky.

I led off the home half of the 1st by grounding out to Frank White at 2nd.
We got onto board that frame when Mike Aldrete hit a sac fly to score Kenny Oberkfell.

Giants lead 1-0.

In the 2nd I was the pivot on a Thompson - Priske - Aldrete double play to get Kevin McReynolds and John Kruk.

In the 2nd Eric King doubled home Robby Thompson. (Is Eric King hitting better than me?!?!)
Then I came up with Eric on 2nd and one out. I hit a little squibbed that I outran for an infield single. Hey, I'll take it! Eric went to 3rd opening up 2nd for me to... get thrown out trying to steal.

Sigh.

Giants lead 2-0.

In the 3rd we continued out trend when Bob Brenly doubled home Child Davis.

Giants lead 3-0.

In the 4th I came up with two out and nobody on. I got a legit single to left!

Benito Santiago threw me out trying to steal again. What is going on?!

We got another double play - this time it was Priske - Thompson - Aldrete, to get Santiago and White.

Despite pitching a shutout, Eric ran out of gas in the 6th and was replaced by Frank Williams on a double switch that also saw Tom O'Malley replace Kenny O.
Frankie took the shutout away from Eric when he balked home Randy Ready - who was inherited.

Giants lead 3-1.

I came up in the bottom half with one out and Lee Mazzilli on 3rd and O'Malley on 2nd. Ed Wojna was pitching. This was a big chance for me.
I grounded out to Wojna, advancing nobody.

Frankie was lifted for a pinch hitter after that (though we didn't score), so Jeff Robinson came it to pitch in the 7th. He was in top form, striking out the side.

In the home half Robby Thompson singled home Mike Aldrete.

Giants lead 4-1.

I got the 3rd out in the 8th by getting under a McReynolds pop.

I came up that inning with one out, facing Bob Patterson. I flew out to Tony Gwynn in right.

Scott Garrelts came in to close things out in the 9th.
With one out O'Malley muffed a grounder by Juan Beniquez to give the Pads a baserunner. A quick Thompson - Priske - Aldrete double play on Santiago took care of that.

The Giants won!

All it took was playing the one team playing worse than us!

I got two hits, which is great. I got thrown out stealing twice, which is terrible.
The defensive side was good.

I a am now hitting all of .086, but when you are in as big a hole as I am, it takes a while to dig out.

We are 3-6.

It looks like we are finally go to see our other big offseason acquisition in action. Ben Oglivie was activated form the D.L. after the game. Mike Jones was sent down.

Old 02-25-2018, 05:16 PM   #226
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 18th, 1986

Ben Oglivie has joined the team but he isn't starting today.

We have Dennis Eckersly (0-1, 5.73) pitching.
The Padres have Eric Show (0-1, 6.00).

I am a miserable 0 for 15 vs Show.

The Padres struck early when Tony Gwynn doubled home Randy Ready in the 1st.

Padres lead 1-0.

I led off the home half by stretching my futility record against Show to 0 for 16. I grounded out to him.

We took the lead in the 2nd when Chris Brown walloped a two-run homer.
I came up with two out and Bob Brenly on 2nd. 0 for 17.

Giants lead 2-1.

We got a nice Thompson - Priske - Aldrete double play to get Show and Carmelo Martinez in the 3rd.

I came up in the 5th with two out and a grounder to Ready at 3rd made me 0 for 18.

I got the 2nd out in the 6th off a Martinez grounder. I then caught a Gwynn pop for the 3rd.

I kept it up in the 7th, getting a Kevin McReynolds grounder for the 1st out. John Kruk singled but then Frank White hit it to me for a Priske - Thompson - Aldrete double play.

We had a 37 minute rain delay that inning.

Nestor turned to Scott Garrelts in the 8th.
He gave up one hit but that was all.

I led off the bottom half with Kent Tekulve now on the mound. I didn't hit any better against him but Randy Ready muffed it and I reached on his error. Stolen Base #4. I moved to 3rd on a Robby Thompson groundout and scored on a Rob Deer double.

Giants lead 3-1.

I took a Kruk grounder for the 2nd out, but we had runners on 1st and 3rd.
Scotty struck out White and had the win.

I did well on defense and on the base paths but my batting average is down to .077

Old 02-28-2018, 10:36 PM   #227
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 19th, 1986

Today we are going with Mark Grant (0-0, 4.91).
The Padres are using Mark Langston (1-1, 2.51).

I have never faced him.

The Padres have lost nine in a row. We are trying to make it ten.

I led off the bottom half of the 1st by working a walk. Ben Oglivie made the most of his first at-bat as a Giants and shot on through for a single. I went to 2nd. Chili Davis doubled and I crossed. Later Oglivie scored on a Mike Aldrete sac fly.

Giants lead 2-0.

I came up in the 2nd with two out and Kenny Oberkfell on 2nd. I legged out an infield hit, moving Kenny up a bag. That's all we got.

I made the 3rd out in the top of the 3rd, taking a Kevin McReynolds grounder to end things.

In the 4th I started a Priske - Thompson - Aldrete double play to get Juan Beniquez and Ozzie Guillen, to save a run and end the inning.

In the bottom half I came up with Robby Thompson on 2nd and two out. I flew out to John Kruk in left.

I got the 3rd out in the 6th, off a pinch hit Frank White grounder.

In the bottom half I came up with pinch hitter Lee Mazzilli on 1st and one out. Jerry Reuss was pitching. I struck out.

Mark Davis took over on the mound for us in the 7th. I got the 3rd out for him, retiring McReynolds on a grounder with a man on 3rd.

I came up in the 8th with two out and Robby on 1st. I hit one into centre for a single, moving Robby to 3rd.We stopped there.

Jeff Robinson came into to close out the 9th! (I guess Scott needed a day off.)
That didn't got the way we would hope as Guillen led off with a triple, followed by a Carmelo Martinez pinch hit double. Jeff got the next two out but then Tony Gwynn singled and Martinez scored, tying the game.

Game tied 2-2.

It ended up going to extras. Pat Perry took the mound for us in the 10th.

I came up in the bottom half with two out and facing Goose Gossage. I flew out to Gwynn in right.

Willie Fraser received for us to kick off the 12th.

I got a big chance in the bottom half. I came up with one out and Brad Wellman on 3rd and Robby Thompson on 2nd. My chance to be a hero... was curtailed by Lance McCullers giving me the intentional pass. John Rabb came up with the bases loaded and McCullers threw a wild pitch on a 1-0 count, scoring Wellman and giving us the walk-off win!

I went 2 for 5 with a pair of walks! My average was now up to .114!

We have won three in a row!

Last edited by rpriske; 02-28-2018 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-03-2018, 12:44 PM   #228
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 20th, 1986

Today the Padres are pitching Dan Petry (0-2, 5.73).
The Giants have Bruce Ruffin (0-0, 3.46).

I have never faced Petry.

The Padres struck first as Frank White singled home Carmelo Martinez, who had reached on an error.

Padres lead 1-0.

I led off the home half by grounding out to Martinez at 1st.

We had a 44 minute rain delay in the 2nd. That is going o be tough on the pitchers and us fielders.

I came up with one out in the 3rd and grounded out to Ozzie Guillen at short.

In the 4th we ended the Padres half with a nice Thompson - Priske - Aldrete double play to get Benito Santiago and Darrell Miller.

We tied thing sup int he bottom half when Steve Stanicek singled, scoring Rob Deer from 2nd.

Game tied 1-1.

I came up in the 5th with one out and John Rabb on 2nd. I dropped own into centre for a single, scoring Rabb - my first RBI of the season.
With two out I grabbed my 5th steal, but stopped there.

Giants lead 2-1.

Our lead was short lived as Randy Ready hit a solo shot to even things back up.

Game tied 2-2.

In the bottom of the 5th thing swung right back our way as Deer singled and still 2nd before being pushed across by a Stanicek single. He managed to also cross on a Rabb single before the inning was up.

Giants lead 4-2.

I saved a run in the 7th, throwing out pinch hitter Harold Reynolds at 1st as Guillen was trying to score.

I led off the bottom half, now facing Lance McCullers, who struck me out.

Frank Williams relieved for us in the 8th. We got him out of the inning with another Thompson - Priske - Aldrete double play, nabbing Juan Beniquez and Frank White.

In the bottom half Chris Brown hit a pinch hit double, scoring Robby Thompson from 1st. I came up next, with two out, and I lined out to White at 2nd.

Giants lead 5-2.

With Scott Garrelts needing some rest, Willie Fraser came in to close. This didn't work with Jeff Robinson yesterday. Hopefully Willie can get it done.

Fly ball, strikeout, fly ball and he got the save and we got the win.

We have made it back to .500 at 6-6. The Padres have lost 11 in a row.

I went 1 for 5 with an RBI. I am now hitting all of .122. Hey, its an improvement.

But we go from the worst in the league to the best as the Dodgers are coming to town.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:17 AM   #229
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 21st, 1986

The Dodgers are in town and they are pitching Rick Honeycutt (0-0, 2.89).
The Giants are going with Terry Mulholland (0-0, 6.39).

The Dodgers are 11-2 and have yet to lose a game on the road.

I have gone 4 for 14 vs Honeycutt. Better than most pitchers I have faced.

I led off our half by whiffing on a full count changeup.

I got the 2nd out of the 2nd off a bouncer by RJ Reynolds.

The Dodgers kicked off the scoring in the 3rd when Steve Sax tripled, scoring Mariano Duncan. Sax then scored on a Tim Wallach sac fly.

Dodgers lead 2-0.

I came up in the 3rd with two out and struck out again.

I got a Sid Bream grounder for the 1st out in the 4th.

In the 5th I came up with two out and Robby Thompson standing on 2nd. I struck out for the third straight time.

Mark Davis relieved for us in the 7th. I got the 2nd out for him off a Duncan grounder. He pitched down and then Nestor turned it over to Jeff Robinson.
We had a rain delay of nearly a half hour during the 8th.
Bream singled home Wallach on the 3rd straight hit given up by Jeff. He got Reynolds to hit into a Thompson - Priske - Aldrete double play to end that streak.

Dodgers lead 3-0.

I led off the bottom of the 8th, now facing Moose Haas. After striking out three times against Honeycutt, that seems a relief. It wasn't. Haas struck me out too.

Then came the 9th. Tom Niedenfuer was pitching for L.A. and we were down by three.
Mike Aldrete and Bob Brenly led off with singles. Kenny Oberkfell grounded out, moving them both into scoring position. Robby Thompson struck out and we were down to the final out. Steve Stanicek pinch hit for Jeff and Niedenfuer pitched around him, giving him 1st. They brought me up. I was honestly surprised that Nestor didn't lift me for a pinch hitter. I had already struck out four times.
I blasted the 2nd pitch into the right field corner.
Aldrete scored.
Brenly scored.
Stanicek scored.
While they were throwing home I trie to go to 3rd but the ball was cut off and I was thrown out, but not before THREE RBI and a tie game!!

Game tied 3-3... extra innings!

Scott Garrelts took the mound for us in the 10th.
I got the last out for him off a Mike Marshall pinch hit groundout.

He pitched two and then Nestor went with Pat Perry for the 12th.
Things went bad there. Marshall hit a two-out, three run homer.

Dodgers lead 6-3.

I led off the bottom half, now facing Alejandro Pena. Platinum sombrero. Strikeout number five.

We couldn't get it back. We lost 6-3.

A 3-run double is good.

FIVE strikeouts is not. The record for strikeouts in an extra-inning game is six.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:38 AM   #230
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 22nd, 1986

Today the Dodgers are pitching Bob Forsch (2-0, 1.29).
The Giants are using Eric King (1-1, 1.80).

I have gone 0 for 2 vs Forsch.

I NEED to bounce back from yesterday.

I got the 1st out of the game, making a leaping grab on a Steve Sax liner.

I led off our half by bouncing one through the right side for a single. I worked stolen base #6 on a run & hit. Kenny Oberkfell then singled and I scored from 2nd. Before the inning was up, Kenny O had scored on a Mike Aldrete double and Rob Deer scored on a Bob Brenly single.

Giants lead 3-0.

In the 2nd I was the pivot on a Thompson - Priske - Aldrete double play to get Sid Bream and Tim Wallach out. After that Mike Marshall scored on a Franklin Stubbs single.

Giants lead 3-1.

Tha tinnign I came up with one out and Lee Mazzilli on 2nd. I shot one through the right side again! Mazzilli scored and I moved to 2nd on the throw! I was thrown out trying to steal 3rd.

Giants lead 4-1.

We got through the 3rd without giving up a run, but it is notable that Steve Sax has now hit in 25 straight games.

In the 4th Marshall hit a lead off home run.

Giants lead 4-2.

I came up with two out and Robby Thompson and Mazzilli both in scoring position. I singled to right AGAIN! Robby scored! Lee went to 3rd!

Giants lead 5-2!

Mark Davis relieved for us in the 7th.

I led off the bottom half, now facing LaMarr Hoyt. This time I singled to left! FOUR HITS! I went to 2nd on a Kenny O grounder. I tried to score on a Rob Deer single with two out but I overextended.

I got the 2nd out in the 9th off a Sid Bream grounder.

We beat the Dodgers and I went FOUR FOR FOUR!!

I got thrown out twice. I think I was a little keyed up.

Old 03-04-2018, 12:01 PM   #231
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 23rd, 1986

Today the Dodgers are pitching Orel Hershiser (1-0, 4.74).
The Giants are going with Dennis Eckersley (1-1, 4.00).

I have only gone 1 for 15 vs Orel.

But I am coming off a great game.

I led off our half by striking out.

I got the 3rd out in the 2nd off a Tim Wallach grounder.

I then got the 1st out in the 3rd off a Hershiser grounder.

I came up in the 3rd with one out. I grounded out to Mariano Duncan at short.

We were the first ton eh board in the 5th when John Rabb singled Steve Stanicek home from 2nd.
I came up with two out and Rabb on 2nd. I flew out to Sid Bream in left.

Giants lead 1-0.

I got the 2nd out int he 7th, off a Mike Marshall grounder.

I finished things off in the 8th with a Priske - Thompson - Aldrete double play to get Darrell Evans and Tim Wallach.

I came up in the bottom half with one out and now facing Ken Howell. I walked.
I picked up stolen base #7 despite running on a pitchout. I hone stole 3rd for #8. I couldn't get the last ninety feet.

Scott Garrelts came in to finish things off. He didn't just get it done, but he did so with three straight strikeouts!

Wow! What a game! We beat the Dodgers 1-0!
Eckersely was amazing! We even stopped Steve Sax's hit streak!
No hit for me, but it was that kind of game for everybody.

We beat the first place team two in a row!

We passed the Braves and are sitting in 4th at 8-7.

Tomorrow is a travel day and then we are down the coast to San Diego. They have lost 13 in a row.

Old 03-06-2018, 10:36 PM   #232
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 25th, 1986

We are in San Diego facing Mark Langston (1-1, 2.79) and the Padres.
The Giants are sending up Bruce Ruffin (1-0, 2.70).

I have gone 1 for 2 vs Langston. No much of a sample size.

I started off the game by making that 2 for 3 as I singled into centre. I easily picked up stolen base #9. I scored on a Ben Oglivie single.

Giants lead 1-0.

I next led off the 3rd by working a four pitch walk. With one out I nabbed stolen base #10 AND 11! I then scored on a Chili Davis sac fly.

Giants lead 2-0.

I made my first defensive play in the 4th and it was a gem, grabbing a liner to rob Ozzie Guillen of a hit.

I came up in the 5th with one out and Robby Thompson on 2nd. I flew out to Tony Gwynn in right. Ben Oglivie came up behind me and doubled home Robby.

Giants lead 3-0.

I handled a Darrell Miller grounder for the 1st out in the bottom half. I then took Carmelo Martinez grounder for the 3rd.

In the 6th not only did Gwynn score on a Guillen sac fly, but Oglivie hurt his hand on the play and had to leave the game. Steve Stanicek took his spot in left. I hope for Ben's sake that he is okay. He has had trouble since signing here.

Giants lead 3-1.

I came up in the 7th with two out and singled through the right side. Stanicek took over where Ben left off an dropped one into the left field bleachers for a two run homer!

Giants lead 5-1.

Frank Williams relieved for us in the bottom half. He had some immediate problems, leading to Miller scoring on a John Kruk sac fly.

Giants lead 5-2.

In the top of the 8th Bob Brenly hit a solo shot!

Giants lead 6-2.

The Padres got it right back as Frank White doubled home Gwynn. Then Kevin McReynolds scored on a Juan Beniquez sac fly.
Mark Davis took over after that, with a double switch that put John Rabb behind the plate.

Giants lead 6-4.

I came up int he 9th with one out and Rabb on 1st. Goose Gossage was now pitching. He struck me out.

Scott Garrelts came it to look for the save. We helped him out with a Thompson - Priske - Aldrete double play to end the game!

Things are looking up, both for the team and for me! I went 2 for 4 with a walk, two runs scored and three stolen bases!

We are up to 9-7!

It turned out after that Ben's hand wasn't so bad. He is nursing a bit of a blister is all.

Old 03-10-2018, 12:10 AM   #233
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 26th, 1986

Terry Mulholland (0-0, 5.30) is pitching for the Giants today.
The Padres (who are now 1-16), are using Dan Petry (0-3, 6.06).

I am 1 for 3 vs Petry.

I kicked the game off by whiffing.

In the bottom half, Carmelo Martinez hit a solo shot with one out to give the Pads the lead.

Padres lead 1-0.

In the 2nd Frank White scored on a Juan Beniquez groundout.

Padres lead 2-0.

I came up in the 3rd with one out and Mulholland on 1st. I replaced him on 1st with a fielder's choice. I picked up stolen base #12, outrunning a pitchout. I moved to 3rd, and Kenny Oberkfell was safe at 1st, on a White error. Chili Davis dropped a ball into right and I crossed.

Padres lead 2-1.

We started the 4th off strong as Mike Aldrete tripled and then Bob Brenly homered, to put us ahead.

Giants lead 3-2.

In the bottom half we made a nice Thompson - Priske - Aldrete double play to get Tony Gwynn and Kevin McReynolds out.

I led off the 5th by singling up the middle. Despite another pitchout, I picked dup stolen base #13 easily. I went to 3rd on a Kenny O grounder. Chili doubled into the right field corner and I scored again. Later Aldrete singled him home and Brenly hit his second homer of the game.

Giants lead 7-2.

I came up in the 6th with two out and Bob Patterson now pitching for San Diego. I grounded out to Martinez at 1st.

San Diego came back in the bottom half as White singled home both Martinez and Gwynn.

Giants lead 7-4.

In the 7th we got those runs back and more as Aldrete singled home Kenny O, Robby Thompson walked with the bases juiced, and Lee Mazzilli singled home Aldrete.

Giants lead 10-4.

Willie Fraser replaced Terry on the mound for us.

I led off the 8th, now facing Jerry Reuss. I flew out to McReynolds in centre.

I got the 1st out int he bottom half, taking a funky bounce to throw out McReynolds. Turn about and all that.

We held on for the win, putting us to 10-7.

I went 1 for 5 but scored twice and stole a couple of bags.

We have passed the Astros into 3rd in the NL West, 3 games behind the leading Dodgers.

Old 03-11-2018, 09:28 PM   #234
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

[SIDE NOTE: I am looking at the daytime photo of Jack Murphy Stadium and remembering that back in 1985, I was actually STANDING on that field. I was part of the colour guard for the Canadian flag when the Expos were in town. I was in San Diego as part of a cadet exchange.]

April 27th, 1986

One thing I haven't talked about much is the fact that I have been finishing my school while playing for the Giants.

I am nearly there. I don't get an actual graduation ceremony but I will be done with high school pretty soon.

But today, I am in San Diego, facing Dave Dravecky (0-3, 4.26), and the Padres.
We are pitching Eric King (2-1, 2.25).

I have had a lot of success against Dravecky, going 5 for 16.

Today I lead off on a sunny afternoon by trying to stretch the Padre's losing streak to 16 games. I start the right way, by dropping a single into short left.
Stolen base #14 follows. I then score on a Ben Oglivie single. Both he and Chili Davis later score on a Mike Aldrete single.

Giants lead 3-0.

Oglivie also came up big in the Padre's half as he gunned down Randy Ready trying to score on a Tony Gwynn sac.

I came up in the 2nd with one out and singled into left again! This time, though, I was thrown out trying to steal. Oh well. When you steal as much as I do, that is going to happen.

In the 3rd Rob Deer hit a solo shot!

Giants lead 4-0.

I got the 2nd out in the 3rd, throwing out Darrell Miller at 2nd on a Harold Reynolds fielder's choice. Ready then singled, scoring Juan Beniquez from 3rd.

Giants lead 4-1.

Robby Thompson led off the 4th with a homer! I came up with one out and grounded out to Ready at 3rd.

Giants lead 5-1.

I got the 1st out in the bottom frame off a Kevin McReynolds grounder.

In the 6th Ready doubled home Reynolds.

Giants lead 5-2.

I came up with one out in the 7th and reached on an error to Ready. This time I was thrown out due to a pitchout.

Mark Davis relieved for us that inning.

In the 8th Robby singled with the base loaded, scoring Chili and Deer.

Giants lead 7-2.

Willie Fraser came in to pitch for us in the 8th.

I led off the 9th, facing Ed Wojna. I dropped one into short centre for my third single of the game. This time I not only picked up stolen base #15, but moved to 3rd when Miller threw the ball away. Oglivie singled me home. We kept it going with the boys loading the bases for Bob Brenly, who singled home Ben and Chili. Later Robby singled home Deer. I came up with Brenly on 3rd, Steve Stanicek on 2nd, and Robby on 1st. I took one for the team and ate an inside pitch. Hey, I'll take the RBI!

Giants lead 12-2!

Pat Perry took the mound for us in the 9th. Maybe there was a bit of overconfidence and a walk, hit, and error later and the Padres had loaded things up with none out. Darrell Miller then smacked a triple, wiping all three runners across home. Carmelo Martinez walked. Pat uncorked a wild pitch, scoring Miller. Pat got the next two out but then Tony Gwynn doubled, scoring Martinez.
Nestor had seen enough and went and got Frank Williams to pitch.
He got the last out and we picked up the win, 12-7.

Bad day for Pat Perry but a good day for everyone else. I went 3 for 5 with an RBI, two runs scored and a pair of stolen bases. (All right, I also had two caught stealing.)

I am hitting .224, which may not sound like much, but it is a big upswing.

We are now 11-7 and only two games behind the Dodgers. We have won five in a row. (And the poor Padres have lost SIXTEEN in a row.)

Tomorrow we are home to face the Cardinals.

Last edited by rpriske; 03-13-2018 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 01:57 PM   #235
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 28th, 1986

We are going strong but now the Cardinals are bringing in a hot pitcher, Dave LaPoint (4-0, 2.77).
Luckily the Giants are able to answer with Dennis Eckersley (2-1, 2.77).

I have struggled mightily against LaPoint, going 0 for 13.

I led off the bottom half and made it 0 for 14 as I grounded out to Bruce Bochte at 1st.

I came up again in the 3rd, with one out, and made it 0 for 15 with a strikeout.

In the bottom of the 4th Rob Deer opened the scoring with a nice solo homer.

Giants lead 1-0.

I next came up with two out in the 5th and made it 0 for 16 with a grounder to Terry Pendleton at 3rd.

I made my first defensive play in the 6th, taking a grounder from Vince Coleman for the 1st out.

In the bottom half, Rob did it again! This time he hit a two-run blast!

Giants lead 3-0.

I came up with two out again in the 7th. This time I broke that goose egg as I belted it to deep centre and scampered all the way to 3rd with a triple!
A great play by Oddibe McDowell robbed Ben Oglivie of a hit and stopped me from scoring.

Scott Garrelts relieved for us in the 8th.

He lost the shut out right away as he gave up a lead-off homer to Jose Uribe.

Giants lead 3-1.

Scott also gave up a couple of walks win the 9th, but that was it as he closed out the game for a 3-1 win!

We are now 12-7 and have won six in a row!

I went 1 for 4 with a triple.

The sportswriters are putting us at #6 on the Weekly Power Rankings, once spot below the Dodgers and the 3rd best team in the National League!

It is pretty tight with the Dodgers topping the NL West, the Reds trailing them by one game, and us one game behind the Reds.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:13 PM   #236
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 29th, 1986

Today the Cardinals are pitching Danny Cox (2-1, 3.86).
The Giants are sign with Mark Grant (0-0, 2.70).

I have gone 4 for 10 vs Cox!

The Cards struck first when Bruce Bochte scored on an Andy Van Slyke sac fly in the 1st.

Cardinals lead 1-0.

I led off the bottom half by flying out to Oddibe McDowell in deep centre.

Bad news in the 3rd. Mark Grant came off the field after the third out complaining about a sore elbow.

Frank Williams took over for Mark in the 4th.
I got the 1st out for him, handling a Mark Salas grounder. I then did the same to Tom Herr for the 2nd out.

I led off the bottom of the 4th by grounding out to Terry Pendleton at 3rd.
We tied it up when Robby Thompson manufactured a run. He started with a single and then stole 2nd AND 3rd before scoring on a Chili Davis groundout.

Game tied 1-1.

I came up in the 6th with two out and I worked a four pitch walk. Next came stolen base #16. I was left there.

Mark Davis relieved for us in the 7th. I got the 2nd out for him, handling a Jose Uribe grounder.

In the bottom half we got the lead when Chili scored on a Chris Brown single.

Giants lead 2-1.

The Cards tied it back up in the 8th when Van Slyke tripled home Vince Coleman.

Game tied 2-2.

I came up in the bottom half with one out and I legged out an infield single. Next came stolen base #17. Once again, I got no further.

Scott Garrelts took the ball for us in the 9th. Neither team could score and we went to extras.

Scott got the first two outs in the 10th before leaving for Jeff Robinson. It was a double switch with Robby leaving for Brad Wellman.

I came up in the 10th with two out and Bob Brenly on 3rd. Todd Worrell was pitching.
He struck me out.

In the 11th we turned a nice Rabb - Priske - Mazzilli double play to get Pendleton and Salas to end the inning.

Jeff was lifted for a pinch hitter, to no avail, so Pat Perry came in to pitch in the 12th.

I came up in the bottom half with one out and the bases loaded - Brown on 3rd, repping the winning run. Greg Minton was pitching. I grounded to Pendelton at 3rd, who got Chris at home, giving me a fielder's choice. We couldn't score and the game continues.

In the 14th Willie Fraser took on pitching duties for us.

In the bottom half I got another chance to win it. Men on 1st and 3rd, with Steve Stanicek reaping the winning run, One out and Terry each on the mound. I grounded out to Pendleton again. Steve had to hold and Lee Mazzili moved up to 2nd. We missed another chance.

I got the 1st out in the 15th, catching a pop up by Kelly Paris.

And then... FINALLY... Steve Stanicek singled with the base loaded in the bottom of the 15th for the walk-off, 3-2 win!

That is seven wins in a row.

I went 1 for 6 and really folded in the clutch. I stole two bags.

Both the Dodgers and Reds lost so we are now tied with the Reds, one game behind L.A.

No word on Mark Grant.

Tomorrow the Pirates are in town.

Last edited by rpriske; 03-17-2018 at 06:30 AM.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:12 AM   #237
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 30th, 1986

Today the Pirates are in town. They are pitching Jose Deleon (1-1, 3.18).
The Giants have Bruce Ruffin (2-0, 2.42).

I have gone 3 for 9 vs DeLeon.

I am looking for a big day, both for me and the 8th win in a row for the team.

Maybe we can even catch the Dodgers today.

I got the 1st out of the game, throwing out Ozzie Smith as Bip Roberts advanced to 2nd on a hit & run. Bruce struck out the next two to deal with that.

I led off the bottom half by grounding out to Johnny Ray at 2nd.

I came up next in the 3rd with one out, Robby Thompson on 2nd and John Rabb on 1st. The first pitch wen thorough the wickets on Tony Pena to advance both runners on a wild pitch. I hit a liner that was caught by Ray again. Thankfully Kenny Oberkfell doubled behind me to score both of the guys I left there.

Giants lead 2-0.

In the 4th I snagged a grounder by Keith Moreland to get Fred Lynn at 2nd for the 2nd out.

In the bottom half Robby Thompson doubled home Mike Aldrete for our third run.

Giants lead 3-0.

The Pirates struck back in the 5th when Roberts tripled, scoring Jason Thompson from 1st.

Giants lead 3-1.

I led off the bottom half by grounding out to Keith Moreland at 3rd.

I got the 1st out in the 6th, snatching up a Johnny Ray grounder.

Nestor relieved Ruffin in the 7th, bringing in Willie Fraser to pitch and Steve Stanicek to play centre, in a double switch. Lee Mazzilli had also had some concerns with his elbow last inning anyway, which are probably nothing, but this was good timing.
Unfortunately, the first batter Willie faced was Jason Thompson, who put one into the right field bleachers with a man on. Tie game.

Game tied 3-3.

I came up in the bottom half with one out and Stanicek on 1st. I got the lead back by blasting one into the right field corner. Steve scored but I was thrown out trying to stretch my double into a triple.
That's okay. The important part still happened.

Giants lead 4-3.

And once again, our lead was erased by Pirate power as Fred Lynn hit a solo shot in the 8th to tie it back up.

Game tied 4-4.

Bottom of the 8th, Mike Aldrete says that two can play that game and he swats a solo homer to put us back up.

Giants lead 5-4.

Willie was lifted for a pinch hitter that inning so Jeff Robinson came in for the 9th to try and grab the save.
A hit, a balk, an error.... but then three straight strikeouts to close things up and give us our 8th straight win!

I went 1 for 4 with an RBI double.

We are 14-7 and are now in a three-way tie with the Dodgers and Reds for the top of the NL West!

There is a lot of baseball still to come, but this feels good!

We got word after the game that Mark Grant's elbow is sending him to the D.L. for about a month.

Bill Laskey was called up from Phoenix. Willie Fraser is taking Mark's spot in the rotation.

Old 03-18-2018, 03:43 PM   #238
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 1st, 1986

Today the Pirates are pitching Chuck Rainey (1-2, 6.00).
The Giants are pitching Terry Mulholland (1-0, 5.47).

I have gone 3 for 8 vs Rainey.

We are looking for our 9th win in a row and holding onto the division lead!

The Bugs struck early, as Ozzie Smith and Kirk Gibson scored on a Johnny Ray double. It got worse as a couple of batters later Keith Moreland hit a three run homer.
I got the last out on a Willie Aikens grounder, but this is not a good way to keep our streak going.

Pirates lead 5-0.

I led off our half by grounding out to Ozzie at short.
Chili Davis got us on the board with a solo homer.

Pirates lead 5-1.

I got the last out again in the 2nd, snagging a Kirk Gibson grounder.

In the 3rd Fred Lynn scored on a Jason Thompson sac fly.

Pirates lead 6-1.

I led off the bottom of the 3rd by working a walk. I got stolen base #18 (barely), and then scored on a Kenny Oberkfell single.

Pirates lead 6-2.

In the 5th Lynn scored on a wild pitch by Terry. Keith Moreland then scored on a Thompson groundout.

Pirates lead 8-2.

I came up in the bottom frame with two out and I was robbed of a hit by a diving catch in the corner by Kirk Gibson.

Bill Laskey relieved a beleaguered Terry in the 6th.

I got the 1st out in the 7th, grabbing a Johnny Ray grounder.

I came up in the 8th with none out and Lee Mazzilli on 2nd and Steve Stanicek on 1st. Aaron Carlie was now pitching. Carlie's first pitch was a wild one and both Lee and Steve moved up. With an open bag he pitched around me a bit and I earned my second walk. Kenny O did the job, doubling to deep centre and letting all three of us score. He later scored on a Mike Aldrete single.

Pirates lead 8-6.

Mark Davis came in to pitch the 9th. Tom O'Malley took over for Kenny at 3rd in a double switch.

I came up in the 9th with it all on the line. Down by two and two out, with O'Malley on 1st. Cecilio Guante was pitching.

I struck out.

I got a couple of walks and runs today but couldn't get it done when the chips were down. Our winning streak ends at eight and we trail eh Dodgers by a game again.

Tomorrow the Cubs come to town.

Old 03-20-2018, 11:19 PM   #239
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 2nd, 1986

The Cubs ar win town and they are pitching rookie, Rob Williams (2-1, 5.09).
The Giants are going with Eric King (3-1, 2.45).

Neither pitcher has faced the other team before.

I led off the bottom of the 1st an dry first meeting with Williams turned out to be a line out to Mel Hall in left.
(The rumours about that guy are... not good.)
The guys got the scoring going behind me, though, as Mike Aldrete singled home Chili Davis.

Giants lead 1-0.

I led off again in the 3rd and this time I flew out to Warren Cromartie in right.

I got the first out in the 5th, pulling in a Cecil Cooper pop-up. Jody Davis tied the game up right after, with a solo jack.

Game tied 1-1.

I came up in the 5th with one out and King on 1st. I had the worst possible outcome, hitting into a double play.

After giving up a hit to open the 6th, King gave way to Frank Williams. He couldn't strand the inherited runner as Billy Hatcher scored on a Hall single.

Cubs lead 2-1.

We got the lead back in the bottom half as Chili singled and Aldrete smacked a two run homer.

Giants lead 3-2.

I came up in the 7th with none out and John Rabb on 2nd (pinch running for Steve Stanicek), and Chris Brown on 1st (pinch hitting for Frank Williams). Aurelio Lopez was pitching. I shot it through the left side for a quick single, loading the bags. Kenny Oberkfell lined out. Chili hit a sac fly to score Rabb. Rob Deer flew out.

Giants lead 4-2.

We had a big fielding shuffle that put Rabb at 1st and Aldrete in centre. Scott Garrelts came in to pitch.
The Cubs got him when Hatcher scored on a Dave Owen single. I got the 2nd out behind him off a Ray Knight grounder.

Giants lead 4-3.

Scott got all three he faced in the 9th to finish off the win over the Cubbies!

I went 1 for 4.

We are tied in 1st again!

Old 03-23-2018, 06:08 AM   #240
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 3rd, 1986

Today the Cubs are pitching Bill Swift (0-3, 3.41).
The Giants have Dennis Eckersley (3-1, 2.18).

I am 1 for 1 vs Swift!

Let's get it in!

I led off the home half of the 1st by grounding out to Ray Knight at 3rd.

In the 2nd I started a nice Priske - Thompson - Aldrete double play to get that scuzzy Mel Hall and Shawon Dunston.

I came up in the 3rd with one out and flew out to Hall in left.

I came up in the 5th with two out and John Rabb on 2nd. I fouled out to Cecil Cooper on the 1st base side.

In the 6th we finally got on the board when Chili Davis smacked a solo bomb.

Giants lead 1-0.

Jeff Robinson relieved for Eck in the 8th (and Steve Stanicek came in for Lee Mazzilli in a double switch. Tom O'Malley also replaced Mike Aldrete in a defensive move.)

I came up in the 8th with none out and Stanicek on 1st. Dennis Lamp was pitching. I flew out to Mickey Hatcher in centre.

I mad even more defensive play - an easy grounder from Hatcher - to get the 3rd out in the 9th to finish off our 1-0 win.

Not a great day at the plate, but that goes for nearly everybody in a great pitching duel.

We are now 16-8 and... in sole possession of 1st place in the NL West!

Last edited by rpriske; 03-26-2018 at 06:46 AM.