Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Online Leagues

OOTP 16 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 16 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:18 AM   #1
USF
All Star Starter

Post ABL - 15th Season - 1 Challenging Team Open

Full League Name (Initials): Adult Baseball League (ABL)
Main URL: ABL
OOTP Version: OOTP16.9 Build 39
Game Needed: Yes
Players: Fictional, Hidden Ratings
Coach/Scouting/Player Development = ON
# of Teams: 28
Export Deadlines Days And Times: M/W/TH/SA/SU - 9 PM EST
League Time Per Sim: 7 days
First Season: 2012
Latest Season: 2026
Currently Available Teams: 1 Expansion Team

We have 1 challenging team open in the ABL. This team is one of our 4 expansion teams entering the ABL this season as part of our 15th anniversary using League Evolution.

We have been playing since 2011 and we have a high % of original owners in the league some of which have been friends for over 20+ years. Thus, the league does have a lot of trash talking banter back and forth all in good fun.

We have some unique rules such as; 26 man active roster to help with depth in 7 day sims, create a player awarded to the World Series winner each season, 1980's NHL style playoff format that further enhances divisional rival play, simple PR system to achieve bonus items such as additional ballpark seats & 100% transparency to all league rules/settings view-able in the constitution.

What you don't have are player ratings. So this is a tougher than normal league in that you must rely on your skills to review stats, potential ratings, team strengths, ballpark factors and scouting reports and tendencies to make your decisions as a GM.

We are just about to finish spring training so you have a great chance to set your team up prior to the regular season.

99% of our league activity is through a google group. If you like quick random emails versus forum type activity than this league is for you. We do have a league forum and use it efficiently to conduct league polls and discuss in depth league topics.

The league gets together as group for the allstar game, the 1st round of the draft, live sims for the playoffs and other events throughout the year such as 1st day of IFA signings.

The league is also very dynamic and open to change. We try to keep things interesting throughout our journey. Examples are; Changing our potential ratings from 1-20 to 1-100 and some of the league setup rules listed already above (alignment, active roster size etc..)

Successful GMs in this league usually can keep up with the 5 day a week SIM schedule that is strictly followed. It is a fast paced league so this must fit with your ability to export and keep up.

If I can answer any other questions please just let me know.

The first qualified GM that shows enthusiasm to join this great league will be hired.

Godspeed

Email me at commish AT bell DOT net

Jason
USF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 05:26 PM   #2
USF
All Star Starter

Bump - still looking for one GM that is up for the challenge!
Old 01-10-2016, 09:43 AM   #3
USF
All Star Starter

We are also exciting to be re-launching our ABL Dugout which is a Blog site dedicated to the ABL.

ABL Dugout

There is some original information there and also updates from our 2026 Season, 15th exciting year of ABL baseball.

Jason
ABL Commish
Old 01-10-2016, 09:47 AM   #4
USF
All Star Starter

Another great aspect of our league is my relationship with the game developers.

As part of the Beta team for OOTP, I am able to share game bugs we find quickly with them directly. Some of the past patch work done by OOTP comes specifically from our league. In fact there was a known issue recently whereby within 1 day Markus was able to confirm that it would be fixed in the up-coming OOTP 17 game!

Markus and his team do an excellent job listening to their customers & I am a huge fan of this sports sim!
Old 01-10-2016, 09:49 AM   #5
USF
All Star Starter

Lastly, I have set up for those that play games on STEAM - An OOTP community of players:

Steam Community :: Group :: OOTP BASEBALL FANS

This is place where you can stop by and add to you friend list fellow fans of the OOTP baseball game.

Another example of the "commitment" I put in to not only the ABL but, the OOTP community as a whole.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:07 AM   #6
USF
All Star Starter

We still have one team open!
Old 01-16-2016, 12:35 PM   #7
Maine Yank
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF View Post
Bump - still looking for one GM that is up for the challenge!
Always up to a challenge. If you still need e-mail me at yankeefanofme@yahoo.com with what I need to do.
Yankees would still be #1 even if they were in 15th place.

Last edited by Maine Yank; 01-16-2016 at 12:40 PM.
Maine Yank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 02:37 PM   #8
USF
All Star Starter

I have emailed you back.
Thanks!
Jason