Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:14 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Exclamation The Bug Report Thread

Note: Thread will be opened after release.

THIS THREAD IS FOR BUG REPORTS ONLY!

A product as complex as OOTP will never release without bugs. There will be thousands of people playing and they will find things we did not discover.

If the game does not run for you at all, please check here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...l-support.html

If you have problems activating the game read this: Activation Problems

This thread is NOT for discussing possible issues with the real roster set though! Please report these here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...sets-here.html

This thread is for PROPER bug reporting! If you find a bug, please post a detailed explanation here, and also upload your league files! (Does not apply to purely cosmetic bugs, here a screenshot should be enough). Please zip the league files (just the *.dat files, you find your saved games in your My Documents folder within the Out of the Park Developments folder, i.e. "My Documents/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 16/saved_games". FTP the zipped league files to our support server (instructions here: How to FTP files to OOTP Developments ) and add the league file name to your post. IMPORTANT: Bug reports without uploaded league files will be ignored!

Thanks, and enjoy the game!

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 03-20-2015 at 05:20 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 11:14 AM   #2
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Having surface pro 3 issues. I am not able to get anything bigger then 1440 x 921. Also if I select full screen I get the following error:

APP_Framework:: set_full_screen _ unable to open graphics

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 11:29 AM   #3
Ile
Minors (Double A)

When you start a game as unemployed with unproven reputation, every single team in your save offers you a job. All the way from Rookie League up to the Yankees
Ile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 11:39 AM   #4
Steve Kuffrey
Administrator

Having a issue with the bottom window broadcast view after the first batter of each inning the window goes dark, you can still see the player but it's like the lights are turned off. This is with the version released this morning, imported league, I've been playing with it through beta process.

I'm uploading the files, named iDad.

Just to let you know I loaded another league and it's doing the same thing, but not gonna upload that file.
Baseball Maelstrom-Montreal Expos-2013 Tourney winner, 2014 WC Team
Sparky's League - Tampa Bay D'Rays
Epicenter Baseball League - Astros 2014
The CBL Rewind - Phillies '95

Last edited by Steve Kuffrey; 03-20-2015 at 11:45 AM.
Steve Kuffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 11:53 AM   #5
kwa1430
Bat Boy

Cannot switch to "Windows" mode in Windows 8.1. It stays in "Fullscreen" mode. If I tab to a different program, I cannot get back into OOTP16 and need to close and reboot. Very frustrating.
kwa1430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 11:56 AM   #6
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ile View Post
When you start a game as unemployed with unproven reputation, every single team in your save offers you a job. All the way from Rookie League up to the Yankees
Are you in commissioner mode by chance? If so, then this is how it's supposed to work.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:56 AM   #7
byzeil
All Star Starter

On some of the "HOF" Baseball Cards the text runs beyond the boundary of the plaque. Many others are fine but on some there is too much text to fit. Also, long team names seem not to fit, this should be the San Francisco Bay Breakers (may just need shorter names or a bit different layout of the card. Maybe position abbreviated instead of written out).

Last edited by byzeil; 03-20-2015 at 12:07 PM.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:07 PM   #8
Ryan W.
Jack of all trades

Location: Somewhere, not sure where. Maybe nearby, maybe far away.
I seem to be having a problem with FaceGen in a long running league. After a trade, the player pictures disappeared and are not re-appearing.
Ryan W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:12 PM   #9
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Are you in commissioner mode by chance? If so, then this is how it's supposed to work.
There was a "bug" which has now been "fixed". When the new build comes Monday an unproven coach will have less choice (if you want it all, then yeah, just use commish mode)
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:15 PM   #10
sprague
All Star Starter

Fielding experience bug

bug still around from ootp14
Involves newly created players who are 21 years old in fictional games (or i guess ml quickstarts after year 1)

If you set up a fictional league and look at any 21 year old player, their fielding experience in their prime position will be 230.
The game adds by 30
18 year olds have 140,. 19 170, 20 year olds 200
then it is supposed to stop, but 21 yr olds on creation still get the 30 fielding bonus and wind up with 230.

It works right with 22 year olds and up who come in with no more than 200

Thanks guys
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:24 PM   #11
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
On some of the "HOF" Baseball Cards the text runs beyond the boundary of the plaque. Many others are fine but on some there is too much text to fit. Also, long team names seem not to fit, this should be the San Francisco Bay Breakers (may just need shorter names or a bit different layout of the card. Maybe position abbreviated instead of written out).
We're aware that the text is running over - we didn't quite get that fix in to the build for today, but that will be in for Monday.

As for the cards, your team just has too long of a name You can always edit the card template for your own game. It should be in the data/bb_cards/templates folder. If your team names are too big, you can open the xml and change the [%POSITION] to [%POSITION_SHORT], and that likely will give you the proper spacing you want.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:32 PM   #12
Go Tribe
All Star Starter

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
I can't get Full Screen, 3D, or Facegen to enable. 3D and Facegen allow me to change the option to 'enabled' but when i restart, they are disabled again. When I change to full screen, the entire screen is white and i end up needing to force close the application.

I didn't have these problems with 15.

Running Windows 8.1 on a laptop with built in graphics chip.

Any thoughts?

Edit - i installed on my desktop as well, running windows 7, and i'm having the exact same problems.

Last edited by Go Tribe; 03-20-2015 at 12:58 PM.
Go Tribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:37 PM   #13
ecd1973
Major Leagues

Just want to formally get this in here. I have no webcast option when playing out games. Only Broadcast and 3d. Someone posted a screenshot with the webcast option available so it may be missing only in some cases.
ecd1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:56 PM   #14
mr-cpu-geek
Minors (Single A)

Facegen Issue

I have facegen enabled, but no faces show up. So I went into the settings and changed "Player Pictures for" from "No Fictional Pictures" to "All Players" and now faces show up.

I'm running the default MLB league and the players faces don't look anything like their face, so I'm guessing it thinks every place is fictional?

I'm running on a Mac, here are my settings:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro10,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP101.00EE.B07
SMC Version (system): 2.3f36
Serial Number (system): C02JC8EXDKQ2
Hardware UUID: 6C3E155E-EEF7-5FE7-9FDB-FB370C7D8A8C

Other than this (minor), looks like another great game!
Thanks!
mr-cpu-geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:08 PM   #15
Assos
All Star Starter

Just as a heads up, the winning prob in played out games go to 1.0% for the batting team and 99% for the fielding, no matter what the score.
Assos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:08 PM   #16
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

When running a fictional league after simming through playoffs and into next season no icons appear next to Cy Young and other award winners. Do icons not appear in fictional leagues???
-They do appear on the baseball cards and in the league history. Is it because there's only 4 teams? I don't see why that would make a difference.

When running a fictional league after simming to the manual award section if I click on all star voting the game crashes-
This is less important because there are only 4 teams in the league right now and therefore there isn't really an all-star game. Which is probably why the system is getting confused.

"It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"- Ali

Wladimir Klitschko will DESTROY you.
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:17 PM   #17
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinthePOWERHOUSE View Post
When running a fictional league after simming through playoffs and into next season no icons appear next to Cy Young and other award winners. Do icons not appear in fictional leagues???
-They do appear on the baseball cards and in the league history. Is it because there's only 4 teams? I don't see why that would make a difference.

When running a fictional league after simming to the manual award section if I click on all star voting the game crashes-
This is less important because there are only 4 teams in the league right now and therefore there isn't really an all-star game. Which is probably why the system is getting confused.
I believe they're generated at pre-season for the following year, but I may have that exact interval wrong. Same time awards enter history.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:17 PM   #18
byzeil
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
We're aware that the text is running over - we didn't quite get that fix in to the build for today, but that will be in for Monday.

As for the cards, your team just has too long of a name You can always edit the card template for your own game. It should be in the data/bb_cards/templates folder. If your team names are too big, you can open the xml and change the [%POSITION] to [%POSITION_SHORT], and that likely will give you the proper spacing you want.
Thank you. Changed the position to _SHORT and increased the width of the team name and it all looks good. Just have to make sure I save it so it doesn't get overwritten
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:24 PM   #19
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
I believe they're generated at pre-season for the following year, but I may have that exact interval wrong. Same time awards enter history.
Still not showing up even when I sim to the next year.

Does my league format have to do with it?
I'm doing an independent fictional league starting from scratch with 4 teams 1 division and all awards on.
(Plan is to expand independents to majors and then so on but I don't think that's relevant)
Simmed first two seasons and players WON awards just no icons show up next to their names...for anybody.

I'm a couple games into the third season and still nothing.

My facegen also doesn't appear to be working. I have it enabled for both all settings and for this league and yet no faces appear.

...I've also experienced a number of crashes so far.

"It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"- Ali

Wladimir Klitschko will DESTROY you.

Last edited by DustinthePOWERHOUSE; 03-20-2015 at 01:30 PM.
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:41 PM   #20
BPS
All Star Reserve

Text not fitting. Screen size is 1366 x 768.
Attached Images
BPS is offline   Reply With Quote