Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 01-25-2011, 05:43 PM   #61
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

highandoutside-

Stolen Bases are controlled by the League Totals Modifier. It keeps sim SB attempts in line with the historical rate of times reaching first base. There is no need to change the strategy setting for different eras since the LTM will automatically make up for it. It's possible though if I were to have left it at a higher setting that the SB leades each year may have racked up a few more, but I'd have to run tests to verify that even. My point is, SB Attempts (and SB%) were on track with history.

Bunting is much the same. The League Totals Modifiers keep Sacrifices in lin with the historical Sac per AB rates each season, so there is no need to ever change this setting.

Hit & Run should always be left on low IMO because at higher settings the league runs a bit hot on Runs Scored per Game. So let's say that you run one league at Very Rarely and anotehr at Normal...the league with Normal will score more runs per game even if both league have the exact same OPS. So basically at the higher settings, OOTP will churn out more runs per game even at a constant OPS.
Garlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:07 PM   #62
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garlon View Post
I set the Defensive Influence to 1 in the config file.
I did this because I thought the difference between the best and worst fielders are too great in historical simulations. I could have chosen a different value, but this basically made all fielders equal except for their FLD% (Error rating). I figured that if I did this no pitchers in the league would get an unfair advantage or disadvantage in the simulation.

I set the Game Tagup from Third Frequency to 50 in the config file.
I set the Game Tagup from Third Success to 50 in the config file.
I did this because in other simulations I found that there were issues with the OF Assists Modifier. I probably could have altered the TagUp from Second frequency, but this is a change I made in the config file months ago. I never bothered to switch it. I simply noted it as one of the settings I used. I also think that fewer Runs Scoring on Sac Flies is a good thing in terms of getting league R/G corrrect in al time periods.

I set the Game Bunting Success to 300 in the config file.
I did this because in the modern era in which one league has a DH, OOTP struggles to produce the correct Sac per Ab ratio, and the modifier climbs higher and higher. I could have left this at 100 since I did not use a DH in my simulation.

I set the Game Bunt for Hit Success to 10 in the config file.
I did this because player Bunt for Hit ratings are not conected to their Contact (BABIP ratings). I did this just in case any player imported with a hih Bunt for Hit rating. Such players could otehrwise rack up too many hits and steal league hits away from other players.

I set the SP Stamina IPGS Weight to 100 in the config file.
I set the SP Stamina CGP Weight to 1 in the config file.
I did this because I wanted to model SP IPouts per Game Started throughout history instead of historical league CG%.
Quick questions on these modifications, as I've asked this before and no one ever gave me a definitive answer: when you input a figure less than 100, can you simply put in that number or do you need preceding zeroes in order to fill out the three digit sequence? In other words, is 50 50, or is it 050? Is 1 1, or is it 001 after mod?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:16 PM   #63
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Some questions:

1. In the Global set-up screen, how did you set up the Rating scales?

2. In the AI Options screen, how did you set up the Trading Options?

3. In the Rules screen, how did you handle the Trade Rules?

4. How did you set up the schedule?

5. Do you check the boxes Double Weight of current year stats and Prevent recalc of potential ratings?

Thanks very much
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:26 PM   #64
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Quick questions on these modifications, as I've asked this before and no one ever gave me a definitive answer: when you input a figure less than 100, can you simply put in that number or do you need preceding zeroes in order to fill out the three digit sequence? In other words, is 50 50, or is it 050? Is 1 1, or is it 001 after mod?

Thanks in advance.
I've used single and double digits. No problem.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:17 PM   #65
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Also, how did you add teams and divisions? I can't figure out how to change the league set-up because it is a Historical simulation the game won't allow any changes??
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:52 PM   #66
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
Also, how did you add teams and divisions? I can't figure out how to change the league set-up because it is a Historical simulation the game won't allow any changes??
You have to do it after u start the game and then go into league options edit league structure.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:47 AM   #67
mets
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Can you give us a breakdown on how many pennants and world series were won by teams?Good stuff here .thanks
mets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:20 PM   #68
Td1984
Bat Boy

I've occasionally bought Baseball Mogul, but one of the reasons I'm considering buying OOTP 12 is because of the ability to start back in 1871. I'm looking forward to trying to do this myself.
Td1984 is offline   Reply With Quote