Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 06-02-2006, 08:19 AM   #1
Moody_soxfan
Bat Boy

Player photos in the player report screen

Can't find mention of this anywhere on the board so I've probably done something stupid. I've named all my photo's correctly (fictional photo's just numbered as player_xxx etc) and placed them in the saved game/news/html/images folder. When I open a player card from the roster section of the game the photo displays properly.

However, when I open the player report screen (i.e. the one that looks like a web page) via a link from, for example, the league homepage, the default player photo appears. The logos on the other hand, which are in exactly the same place, appear correctly.

Can anyone shed any light on what I have done wrong?

Thanks

Last edited by Moody_soxfan; 06-02-2006 at 08:21 AM.
Moody_soxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:17 AM   #2
skeetz
Bat Boy

Unhappy

Looks to mee like the player_#### doesn't work on the player report screen. It seems to only work using the players name.
skeetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:30 AM   #3
endgame
Hall Of Famer

I believe this has been passed on through Tech Support and assigned a TT (Test Track #) as there are others who have reported it elsewhere, including the Tech Support Forum. I'll see if I can find and provide the tracking # for all of our references. I don't believe I've seen a report yet that says it has been effectively addressed. But it's on the table! I'll edit this post with an update when I locate the tracking #. Thanks for your patience.

Edit: If we're equating the history page with a player html page, then this has been reportedly addressed. I don't know however, if it has made to the Official Change List.

Last edited by endgame; 06-05-2006 at 12:33 AM.
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:40 AM   #4
NomarHits400
Major Leagues

...It can be done...

It's being fixed- but there is a workaround- perhaps mentioned elsewhere. I have a copy of each player photo in both .png and .jpg format in the images folder of the appropriate league- and player photos show up everywhere. This can easily be accomplished doing a batch conversion in a simple program like IRFAN.
NomarHits400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:06 AM   #5
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomarHits400
It's being fixed- but there is a workaround- perhaps mentioned elsewhere. I have a copy of each player photo in both .png and .jpg format in the images folder of the appropriate league- and player photos show up everywhere. This can easily be accomplished doing a batch conversion in a simple program like IRFAN.
So obviously you've identified this a file type / extension problem that troubles the identification and assignment process. Would that be right?

Asking to verify as well as anticipated what happens when and if I have to effectively duplicate over 100meg of photos I have stored!
Old 06-05-2006, 08:55 AM   #6
skeetz
Bat Boy

Quote:
Im using player_### format. I have copied every players photo again in both .png and .jpg, loaded them in the images folder of the proper league and they DONT work on the "player report screen".
Old 06-05-2006, 09:05 AM   #7
Draft Dodger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeetz
Im using player_### format. I have copied every players photo again in both .png and .jpg, loaded them in the images folder of the proper league and they DONT work on the "player report screen".
I don't believe there's a workaround for the number issue, but yes, that's a known issue and is supposed to be fixed in Wednesday's patch.

15 GB Webhosting for $6.95 a month

IMO we are best off abandoning that sinking ship that is Off Topic to the rats infesting it and just starting a whole new Baseball Forum from scratch.
Draft Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:59 AM   #8
NomarHits400
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame
So obviously you've identified this a file type / extension problem that troubles the identification and assignment process. Would that be right?

Asking to verify as well as anticipated what happens when and if I have to effectively duplicate over 100meg of photos I have stored!

Yes, that would be correct. I believe the .png's show up on the player pages, league leader's, etc. and NOT the player profiles, and the .jpg's show up on the player profiles only.

It is important that you put them in the images folder in your saved game directory.

As an aside here- this stuff wouldn't be so confusing if there weren't so many seemingly random folders named "pictures", "photos" and "images" all throughout the game directory tree...
NomarHits400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:44 PM   #9
skeetz
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
I don't believe there's a workaround for the number issue, but yes, that's a known issue and is supposed to be fixed in Wednesday's patch.
Thats good to know thanks.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:53 PM   #10
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As an aside here- this stuff wouldn't be so confusing if there weren't so many seemingly random folders named "pictures", "photos" and "images" all throughout the game directory tree...
Agree completely. Wish I knew their eventual uses. But, let's be optimistic the Customization Manual will begin to clear up these issues when it's complete.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:16 AM   #11
lewis31lewis52
All Star Reserve

Maybe I'm totally wrong here because I have named pictures, but when I put them in both the "images" folder of the league, and the "photos" folder of the main data folder, I get the pictures in both locations.

Sorry if I'm totally wrong about this.
lewis31lewis52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:17 AM   #12
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis31lewis52
Maybe I'm totally wrong here because I have named pictures, but when I put them in both the "images" folder of the league, and the "photos" folder of the main data folder, I get the pictures in both locations.

Sorry if I'm totally wrong about this.
All input is welcome as we reach an understanding of this process. Photos are an essential part of the personality of the game for a lot of us, particularly the fictional players. Are your files all .jpg extensions in both folders?
Old 06-06-2006, 02:25 AM   #13
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

In an historical league, i have named photos just placed in the html/images directory and they seem to show up in both places.
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:54 PM   #14
lewis31lewis52
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame
All input is welcome as we reach an understanding of this process. Photos are an essential part of the personality of the game for a lot of us, particularly the fictional players. Are your files all .jpg extensions in both folders?
Yes, both of the folders have images in jpegs.
lewis31lewis52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:58 PM   #15
Draft Dodger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrusher14242
In an historical league, i have named photos just placed in the html/images directory and they seem to show up in both places.
they should. the correct thing to do is to put all the photos in that folder

15 GB Webhosting for $6.95 a month

IMO we are best off abandoning that sinking ship that is Off Topic to the rats infesting it and just starting a whole new Baseball Forum from scratch.
Draft Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote