Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Technical Support

FHM 4 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 12-19-2017, 09:58 AM   #1
number1alien
Minors (Single A)

Insufficient number of prospects

I'm managing a KHL team and I'm not allowed to progress further into the offseason because my prospects are all on international duty. I've sent contract offers to a bunch of under-20 free agents, but none of them are signing on the same day, so the game is completely stuck.
number1alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 01:38 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

You should be able to sign any of the players (as long as they're 17+) on your U18/U17 farm team without any delay.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:45 PM   #3
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
You should be able to sign any of the players (as long as they're 17+) on your U18/U17 farm team without any delay.
I think that he plays with Kunlun and Kunlun doesn't have these farm teams.
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 01:22 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

They can sign from Kunlun Red Star Junior and Harbin in the same way.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:13 AM   #5
number1alien
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
They can sign from Kunlun Red Star Junior and Harbin in the same way.
No, I couldn't sign anyone like this from Harbin. And I have never seen a single player on Kunlun's junior team roster over the past 14 seasons, so that's not an option.

I mean, playing as Kunlun is a fun challenge because the game completely handicaps you by giving you no talent pipeline and your only talented domestic Chinese players are either naturalised or dual nationals (not to mention they all leave to play in the World Championships), but this is less than ideal.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:28 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

What happens when you try to sign a player from Harbin? (It should be one whose "CON." column on their roster screen shows "HAR".) Anybody on your farm team that isn't contracted directly to you should be immediately signable.

It looks like the lack of players on the junior team is a problem with the way nonplayable teams are feeding their players upwards - the usual system isn't doing a good job in a situation where it needs to funnel the best players in the country to a single team. I'm going to have to restructure that a bit so it doesn't happen.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:26 AM   #7
number1alien
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
What happens when you try to sign a player from Harbin? (It should be one whose "CON." column on their roster screen shows "HAR".) Anybody on your farm team that isn't contracted directly to you should be immediately signable.
Nothing. He considers the offer like any free agent would in July (i.e., none of them signed immediately).

Quote:
It looks like the lack of players on the junior team is a problem with the way nonplayable teams are feeding their players upwards - the usual system isn't doing a good job in a situation where it needs to funnel the best players in the country to a single team. I'm going to have to restructure that a bit so it doesn't happen.
That would be a super development. I wonder if it's also affecting the KHL clubs in Kazakhstan and Latvia as well.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:48 PM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1alien View Post
Nothing. He considers the offer like any free agent would in July (i.e., none of them signed immediately).
Odd, I seem to be able to sign them immediately during the first season, but it sounds like you're a few years farther in. Can you upload the save? I think we're going to need to take a look at it.

Quote:
That would be a super development. I wonder if it's also affecting the KHL clubs in Kazakhstan and Latvia as well.
No, they should be OK, they've got the same type of setup as the Russian teams. Kunlun's is more similar to Japan and South Korea's, but then this year the MHL and VHL teams were added to it, and apparently they're not playing nice together.
Old 12-20-2017, 06:50 PM   #9
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

On a side note I think it would be a good idea to have Russian players back to non foreigners for them as it is IRL
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 12:02 AM   #10
ptg1204
Bat Boy

AHL is the same thing

I am currently the manager Syracuse Crunch in the AHL. It is the last week of the season and the Tampa Bay Lightning have called up most of my prospects. I went and signed some players under the age of 26 and submitted the offers but it won't allow me to advance the day so they accept them because I get a prompt that says an insufficient number of prospects in the lineup. I'm not sure what to do because I can't advance the day without the prospects and I can't get the prospects without advancing the day.

Is it possible to forfeit a playoff game? I hope there is a solution.
ptg1204 is offline   Reply With Quote