Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 16 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 01-17-2016, 05:02 PM   #1
GoPedro99
All Star Reserve

Co commish

Anyone want to try and set up a league as a co commish with me. I am not good with tech so I don't know how to do it myself. But I have some good ideas for starting a league
GoPedro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:14 PM   #2
Marsupilami
Major Leagues

you started threads like that before. just figure out the "technical" stuff, it aint rocket science
Marsupilami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:27 PM   #3
GoPedro99
All Star Reserve

I am horrible with it. I can never figure the stuff out
GoPedro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:32 PM   #4
Marsupilami
Major Leagues

setting up the game, tutorials, and even setting up online leagues...it all is on youtube with step by step explanations.
Old 01-18-2016, 03:09 PM   #5
Kbo17
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsupilami View Post
you started threads like that before. just figure out the "technical" stuff, it aint rocket science
You don't have to be an jerk about it. The guy just doesn't know how to do it. How about you try and be a little nicer about it, maybe next time just simply send him the links to the videos. Why be mean when you don't have to be?
Kbo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 03:43 PM   #6
captaincoop17
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPedro99 View Post
Anyone want to try and set up a league as a co commish with me. I am not good with tech so I don't know how to do it myself. But I have some good ideas for starting a league
You've got to understand that running a league is mostly a one person job... Doing all the technical stuff and getting it all setup, along with running the sims is pretty much all the work of being a commissioner. It's nice that you have some ideas, but I'm not sure you're going to find someone to do all the work for the league when you want to just stipulate how the league runs, you know what I mean?

Having co-commissioners is nice, but you've both got to be able to know what you're doing and how everything works. The main reason behind a co-commissioner is usually so that you always have someone to run a sim if one guy can't on sim nights for one reason or the other.

If you want to setup a league, I highly recommend using AllSimBaseball, it costs like $7/month + $15 domain fee. You fill out the form for the site, then Fidel will usually have everything setup for you server wise within 24 hours. After that, he'll email you everything you need to know, along with a text document to fill out all the online settings. It's pretty much "plug in and go" which is what I like so much about it.

AllSimBaseball

You could also go another route if you want to save money... you could contact a sports simulation forum, ProFSL.com is one that I know of, and they'll let you run a league off of their forum for free. This method is a little harder to do for a newbie because you're going to need to know your way around the server and where to place things.

ProFSL: Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Index

I've seen both of the above ways of setting a league work well, but the longest lasting leagues I've seen are usually paid for and have their own website/forum. If you put money into something, you're going to want it to be nice and you're going to try your hardest to make it last the longest.
captaincoop17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 03:59 PM   #7
Marsupilami
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbo17 View Post
You don't have to be an jerk about it. The guy just doesn't know how to do it. How about you try and be a little nicer about it, maybe next time just simply send him the links to the videos. Why be mean when you don't have to be?
i might have been. then again, its not the first time he posted the exact same thing which might have let me to respond the way i did