Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 12-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
EchoesIE
Bat Boy

Western Baseball League ~ New Fictional League

In summer 2012, a group of like-minded individuals came together with a goal -- to provide quality professional baseball, at a reasonable financial cost, to places where professional baseball might be hard to find. The result was the Western Baseball League and its 2 leagues, 4 divisions and 20 teams.

The Western Baseball League is a completely fictional league, with all teams based in the Western United States. The goal is to provide the most realistic, small-atmosphere baseball simulation available. The entire goal of the league, is to provide a realistic feel to a "What if" league. A league where a group of investors wanted to bring quality baseball to cities in the Western Half of the U.S., where baseball might not be found.

The Western Baseball League is a smaller, fictional, more intimate league focused on bringing together GM's who genuinely care about their teams and cities. The League features 20 teams, based in cities across the Western Half of the United States, very awesome and active GM's and a quality set of Commissioners that have seen this league grow from an imagination to an inaugural season.

League Features
- 20 Teams in 4 Divisions, in 2 Leagues.
- $5 Million Salary Cap
- Unique Financial Landscape
- Participation Incentives to truly make your team, yours.
- 30 Man Active Roster, with a 5-Man Reserve Roster
- No Minor League Teams to juggle
- Annual 3-Round Draft to infuse new talent into the league
- Unique League Functions for WBL Players to leave the WLB for the MLB, or stay and be a star.
- Expansion, growth and seeing things evolve within this league.
- Driven by the General Managers, this is our league and not the Commissioners League.

Unique League Settings
Coaches and Scouting is turned off,
Players are on a 1-100 Rating Scale.
Both Leagues have the DH.
100-Game Season
3 Rounds of Playoffs
Draft Pick Trading
Much, much more.

You can see the entire league settings here. Our Forums are located here, with our League Reports being here.

At the time of writing this, we have 8 openings. As soon as slots fill up (and they've been going quick!) we'll get the inaugural draft (part manual draft, part auto-draft) underway and get the league rocking.

Current Team Openings
Aurora Avalanche
Boise Stampede
Chico Devils
El Paso Chiefs
Mesa Burn
Reno Knights
Salem Caps
Vancouver Canadians

If you'd like to join the Western Baseball League, our signups are here. After being accepted, you're ready to rock.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to reach me via PM, EMail - JMCornelison@gmail.com, or AIM: JMCornelison.
EchoesIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #2
EchoesIE
Bat Boy

And the Chico franchise is gone. Still 7 openings. If you'd like to change the location of a team, or the nickname -- I'm all ears.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
EchoesIE
Bat Boy

Both El Paso and Mesa are gone. We have 5 openings for anyone that wants a legitimate, solid, fictional experience.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
fittyfitty
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Reno

I'd like Reno if still available
fittyfitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
Scottiedog
All Star Reserve

I've been in "retirement" for several years. I only do solo leagues anymore.
However, your league sounds different and fun. I wouldn't mind "setting in" on league proceedings....to see if I would join.
If its ok I might lend myself to other parts of the league.

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don't have that problem. "

Giovani della Casa

"I cannot divine how it happens that the man who knows the least is the most argumentative”
Scottiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #6
EchoesIE
Bat Boy

Currently filled up! We've kicked off our inaugural draft and getting things setup in tip-top shape. If you'd like to be on the wait list for a team, go ahead and post away on our forums. Also, if you'd like an invite to our AIM chat to see whats going on in real-time, let me know and I'll get you added.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:50 PM   #7
EchoesIE
Bat Boy

Two openings available! Both the Edmonton Trappers and Tucson Bombers are available! Hop in before we get the season started and be on the ground level of something awesome!