Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-10-2018, 09:24 PM   #81
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Starting out 10-9 in the Silver Chi Alpha league. Below is the roster I am currently using. Pitching was a strength last season, this season not so much. Plenty of games left to be played.
Attached Images
Old 12-10-2018, 09:27 PM   #82
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Bad news: my roster changes from late last night did not save, and I started this season with a postseason 4-man rotation, and 3 cards I bought for the new season (including a Severino) inactive.

Good news: We still went 10-7 over that stretch, even though my bullpen is gassed from the short hook I implemented while trying to manage our last postseason series.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:56 PM   #83
Thalion
Major Leagues

Kushiel, I just got home. Looks like we're both off to a good start.
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:23 PM   #84
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I am fully committed to a rebuild now. I just sold deGrom and bought a 1969 Bob Gibson. My rotation is now Gibson, Carlton, Bunning, Dierker, and Pettitte. That really feels like fun to me. We'll see if it still feels fun by the end of the week.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:30 PM   #85
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I am fully committed to a rebuild now. I just sold deGrom and bought a 1969 Bob Gibson. My rotation is now Gibson, Carlton, Bunning, Dierker, and Pettitte. That really feels like fun to me. We'll see if it still feels fun by the end of the week.

Nice! It's also fun for some of us who are playing teams filled with historical players. I recently lost to a team with Cobb, Rickey Henderson, DiMaggio, Clemente, Gehrig and so on. It was cool to see all of those old-timers.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:37 PM   #86
Morug
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Yeah, that's where I'm going to have to decide my "rules". The crazy good Walker card is from the Rockies - his Expos card is from 1992 and is an 81 overall. Got lucky to buy that last night for only like 2.5k. I really want the Pedro card as an Expo, but it's usually listed for 25k+, but his Mets card is going for under 10k, so might be more attainable.

Carter has 2 cards as well - one crazy good one that I think I've only seen once at auction once, and I'm guessing if it came back, probably would only sell for like 50k or more. For him, I'll probably have to settle for his Mets card, too, which I think is only a low-80s overall, so should come in at a better rate.

Of course, my "rules" will be to collect anyone who played for the Expos. Including the Moises Alou (only card is an Astro) or Pete Rose (who was maybe known more for him time outside of Montreal). Prefer their Expos card (have the Expos versions of Walker and Vlad), but might have to stretch my rules, especially since I'm not actually sure there's a second catcher who played for them in the current roster set.
Your rules can be extended to players drafted by the Expos? This will add Cliff Lee, Randy Johnson, Grady Sizemore and many more...I think I will add this type of players too.

Last edited by Morug; 12-10-2018 at 10:43 PM.
Morug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:49 PM   #87
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Of course, my "rules" will be to collect anyone who played for the Expos. Including the Moises Alou (only card is an Astro) or Pete Rose (who was maybe known more for him time outside of Montreal). Prefer their Expos card (have the Expos versions of Walker and Vlad), but might have to stretch my rules, especially since I'm not actually sure there's a second catcher who played for them in the current roster set.
"Anyone who's played for them at some point" is what I'm doing for my Boston collection team. Less out of necessity, since there's a decent amount of good Red Sox cards, and more out of convenience. It was wholly necessary in order to field a team in the early going, and now cards like Lester, Lowrie, and Iglesias have made decent fill-ins. Should be able to phase them out as the seasons go on, but to me it's not 100% necessary to have all the cards be Red Sox versions.

...Besides, I really like Adrian Beltre.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:54 PM   #88
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

I'm in Eta Alpha and the team with the most wins from my bronze league (London Patriots, 124-38) is now in my conference. Last week they crushed my dreams at winning 100 games by sweeping me in the final series of the season. This week I beat them 2 games to 1!
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:55 PM   #89
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalion View Post

I’m just happy beating the Knights to get there.

I actually won the clinching game there on a wild pitch in the bottom of the 10th.
Yeah, your Geezers got lucky. The Knights, now Targaryen Dragons, were my team.

I liked playing a "Walnut Creek" team... I had a friend many years ago who was a huge baseball fan and lived there. He would've been proud of your guys.
2002halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 11:10 PM   #90
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

One team is leading our division while the other is waddling nonperformance.

Denver Bears are playing good ball

Trenton Minutemen are sucking bad but no too bad

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 11:19 PM   #91
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1964 View Post
One team is leading our division while the other is waddling nonperformance.

Denver Bears are playing good ball

I like your Bears logo. One fun thing about PT has been seeing all the different team logos. Some creative team names/nicknames too.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:24 PM   #92
Thalion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002halos View Post

I liked playing a "Walnut Creek" team... I had a friend many years ago who was a huge baseball fan and lived there. He would've been proud of your guys.

You guys were scary. Those perfect cards are pretty intimidating.

The name change fooled me. This morning, when I left for work I saw that the Knights were in the same league. I said "uh oh". When I got home, I didn't see the name so I was pretty confused. Took me a few minutes of poking around to figure out you changed your name.

I like Walnut Creek. Nice quiet town good for raising a kid. It suits an old geezer like me.

2002halos. Angels fan?
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:16 AM   #93
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Managed to end day 1 with a record of 13-13. Not great but considering that my best bullpen arms, my two best starting pitchers and my #3 batter started the season off awful I will take it.

I checked on my other team (The eventual all cardinal team) and they are one game under .500 but have made quite a few achievements. I added a few more cardinals to the lineup.

My main team has only earned 4 achievements worth a total of 200 points on day one. My neglected secondary team has earned 17 achievements for a total of 1,185 points. Go figure
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:23 AM   #94
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

I got promoted with a record of 78-84. I wasn't happy about that at all, and decided to take a week or two off.

Now I just checked my team since I was in OOTP anyway, and I'm 22-4 in the silver league. My team is hitting .320. So... OK.
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:43 AM   #95
el_gringo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
My main team has only earned 4 achievements worth a total of 200 points on day one. My neglected secondary team has earned 17 achievements for a total of 1,185 points. Go figure
My F2P (secondary) team probably only got 2-3K PP total the first season (after 'firsts').

I introduced my grandfather to the game, just for fun.

He sent me a message midway through the first season to the effect of: 'I have 7K PP, how does the auction house work? My backup catcher is no good, I need a new one...'

Last I heard he was leading his division, I should check how the playoffs went for him. My F2P team didn't get promoted out of bronze (>_<)

This mode is rather excellent sometimes.
el_gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:46 AM   #96
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
I had Carlos Martinez last year for a while and he was terrible. His ERA never went below 6 so I dumped him.

Edit: I had the #2 defense so that wasn't the problem. I think the problem is that he's an extreme groundball pitcher. From reading the manual, I'm starting to think that you're generally better off with a flyball pitcher (assuming their ratings are otherwise similar).
His ERA went up to 6.32 overnight and he has just been locked in a locker (that is what they are for, right?) and replaced with Charlie Morton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I spent the day shopping and came home to find that my team had a very lukewarm start. I sat down with a couple of glasses of wine and, while my overall mood improved, my impression of my team did not improve. So, the conversion from live cards to historical has accelerated. Maybe this season will be a transition year. Do I get a higher draft pick if I fail to get promoted?
What ever happened to espresso?

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 02:01 AM   #97
Crash
Minors (Rookie Ball)

damn I was 20 games under last season (Beta Gamma, same divison as WS winner) and was also promoted. 15-10 so far in Ypsilon Pi. The initial $20 ran out quickly and slowly saved up 3k but pulled nothing in packs. Now have to learn to slowly upgrade through auction.

have only been playing OOTP for a few months and still learning the basics, appreciate reading everyone's strategies. All I can offer up so far is the 69 Ichiro Suzuki is still a great leadoff hitter/sb guy, through 180 games JD Martinez can be a 32def 1b and 92 Blake Snell has 6.0+ era so far both seasons and almost demoted to long man.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 05:15 AM   #98
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalion View Post
Kushiel, I just got home. Looks like we're both off to a good start.
We are rockin' and rollin'.

Edit: 3-3 against each other so far

Last edited by Kushiel; 12-11-2018 at 05:18 AM.
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 05:33 AM   #99
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002halos View Post

I did not know you were the Dragons this season. I am the Thorpe Springs Horned Frogs still It seems several of the very top teams from our Bronze league are here in one or the other conference. You get to deal with Catalina Island, a very good team, and I get my turn dealing with the Geezers in my Division this time. We are having a blast!

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 08:34 AM   #100
Whoofe
All Star Reserve

i didn't get promoted thankfully, so i am still at the bronze league level, and my team only has 1 gold, a lotta silvers and several bronzes.. took a look around the league and most teams in the league are around my talent level. some have a few more golds, but very few diamonds in the league, most teams are full of silvers and bronzes

looks like I am at the perfect league level for my team
Whoofe is offline   Reply With Quote