Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 03-15-2017, 04:47 PM   #1
turkandrew
Bat Boy

Crash on load of saved game

Finished playing my league last night. I saved it, and when I went to load it today, it crashes every time. I uploaded the save game file to the FTP as per the forum instructions/guidelines. I named it crashonload.lg.zip .

Let me know if there's something else I can upload.
turkandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:56 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Thanks, got it. It looks like the save was interrupted partway through, resulting in it being corrupted - a lot of the file sizes in it are 0, which is the usual sign that corruption has occurred and those files are lost. That's a little surprising, since we changed the save procedure a little while ago to limit the chances of that occurring; I think this is the first time I've seen this happen since we did that.

It may not be completely beyond repair, though - the 0-sized files in it are mainly static ones that are the same from game to game. If you start a new game, go to the old save folder and copy all the files with a size greater than 0 (and not the ones with 0's), then paste those files into the new save folder, overwriting the ones that are already there, the game may still be playable. I just tried that and could get it to load, but you'd get the best results if you set up the new game with exactly the same parameters as you did the first time. You may still run into some strange behaviour, but it's worth a try.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 01:01 PM   #3
turkandrew
Bat Boy

Thanks for your quick reply!

So, I did what you said, and it loaded good, and everything looked good, but it crashes as soon as I try to continue the game.

I can understand if this is the end, but figured I'd check back to see if you had any further thoughts on how to fix this next issue. I spent like 3 seasons doing a full rebuild and finally had built a team I could win with, so any help is much appreciated.

Thanks again!
Old 03-19-2017, 04:40 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Sorry, looks like it does the same to me - there's likely something mismatched between the old and new files that's breaking it, so it's probably beyond repair.

Just out of curiosity, though, had the game shut down without a proper exit at some point recently - power outage, quitting it from task manager, crash, etc? That's usually how this sort of corruption occurs, and we'd thought we'd made it next to impossible in one of the updates, so if there's some way it's still happening, we'll have to look at adjusting the method we used.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:58 AM   #5
turkandrew
Bat Boy

Upon further investigation, I believe my SSD had run out of room probably when it was saving. Although it didn't give me any indication that it didn't save the file properly.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:25 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Aha, interesting. I'll let Sebastian know about that, there must be some kind of warning we can give you if that happens.