Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2011, 09:59 PM   #1
droppedthirdstrike
Bat Boy

Playing historical teams from different years in the same game

Any suggestions on a way to have teams from different years in the same game? Trying to come up with a way to sim the WS champs from each decade - ie all the 1900s champs playing a season against each other.
droppedthirdstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:22 AM   #2
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Quote:
Originally Posted by droppedthirdstrike View Post
Any suggestions on a way to have teams from different years in the same game? Trying to come up with a way to sim the WS champs from each decade - ie all the 1900s champs playing a season against each other.
If you create a league and then go to the league setup and choose the function "Edit League Structure" you can import individual historical teams into your league.
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:57 PM   #3
gglennwill
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questdog View Post
If you create a league and then go to the league setup and choose the function "Edit League Structure" you can import individual historical teams into your league.
Don't you need to use a neutralized stats database to get the proper era adjustments?
gglennwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:20 PM   #4
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Yes you do so when creating your league choose the neutralized stats advanced option.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:20 PM   #5
droppedthirdstrike
Bat Boy

Cool, thanks guys, but...

Can do all the "Advanced Settings" to your recommendations and able to start the game. Once entering the "Edit League Structure" menu getting stuck at the "Import Historical Team" button. Go to select a team in the "Historical Team Import Options" screen and have none to choose from.

Any thoughts?
droppedthirdstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:13 PM   #6
ChuckDiesel
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questdog View Post
I just bought ootp 12 and I'm psyched but I have no clue how to do this.

I want to first create a league of my all time faves, like the 86 Astros, 82 Brewers, etc...

Can you please list how to do this step-by-step for me?

I KNOW you just wrote how to do so, but that doesn't help me out. I need someone to list exactly which steps from the time I have the OOTP 12 home screen staring me in the face. I'm a total idiot here.

Thanks so much!

Last edited by ChuckDiesel; 06-23-2011 at 07:20 PM.
ChuckDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:03 PM   #7
ChuckDiesel
Bat Boy

Just simmed the 1986 season with my Astros and that was AWESOME! Where have I been all these years without OOTP? Made a few trades but otherwise did the lineups and went 92-70 but finished behind the SF Giants. Didn't make the playoffs but had a great time!
Old 06-26-2011, 11:29 PM   #8
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckDiesel View Post
I just bought ootp 12 and I'm psyched but I have no clue how to do this.

I want to first create a league of my all time faves, like the 86 Astros, 82 Brewers, etc...

Can you please list how to do this step-by-step for me?

I KNOW you just wrote how to do so, but that doesn't help me out. I need someone to list exactly which steps from the time I have the OOTP 12 home screen staring me in the face. I'm a total idiot here.

Thanks so much!
Step 1) Create a fictional league with the least amount of teams
step 2) delete league and delete ALL free agents so thet when finished you are left with four empty teams and no players
step 3) import any amount of teams into your league with NEUTRALIZED stats

Im running a league and this is what I have for 2011 with random teams chosen from 1900 on

AL East) Browns 1951, Red Sox 1973, Yankees 1916, Devil Rays 1998, Blue Jays 1982

AL Cent) White Sox 1939, Naps 1905, Tigers 1933, Royals 1996, Twins 1982

AL West) Angels 1984, Athletics 1997, Mariners 1987, Senators 1961

NL East) Beaneaters 1901, Marlins 2003, Mets 2009 (MY TEAM), Phillies 1924, Expos 1985

NL Cent) Cubs 1966, Reds 1992, Astros 1976, Brewers 2004, Pirates 1917, Cardinals 1956

NL West) Dbacks 2003, Rockies 1999, Dodgers 1986, Padres 1993, Giants 2002

You should see how this league is going. Also all logos and stadiums are being used for the teams specific year...and the years average out to 1969...so 1969 is the year im using for league totals and pitcher use.

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:07 AM   #9
golander40
Major Leagues

Same Question

Same question as above--get to last step,try to import historical team--none to select from.
Any help appreciated
Gil The Ancient One
golander40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:27 PM   #10
Mr. Capo
Minors (Triple A)

What happens if you do not use neutralized stats?

I play a lot of cross-era sims, and we had a discussion on one of the forums years ago about neutralized stats. My feeling is that it can rob the players of their character, and my example was Cobb hitting more homers than triples... he isn't Cobb any more.
Mr. Capo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:28 PM   #11
kev24fan
Major Leagues

I can not find the master.dat in the database to import teams. Plus last year database does not work with 12.

I found the master.dat in the stats folder but when I tried to load it the game crashes.

Last edited by kev24fan; 06-30-2011 at 09:33 PM.
kev24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:40 PM   #12
kev24fan
Major Leagues

Forget my last post. Its not master.dat I forgot its master.csv. I had to try things until I found it. I am on a Mac and forgot to select user folder 1st.
kev24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:02 AM   #13
ChuckDiesel
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl518 View Post
Step 1) Create a fictional league with the least amount of teams
step 2) delete league and delete ALL free agents so thet when finished you are left with four empty teams and no players
step 3) import any amount of teams into your league with NEUTRALIZED stats
I'm pretty sure I successfully completed the first 2 steps but on what screen do you start importing teams?

Thanks so much!
Old 07-04-2011, 12:29 PM   #14
luttic
Bat Boy

I am also curious about this. I can get as far as the import historical team screen. From there, what file do you choose to be able to choose a team?
luttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:05 PM   #15
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
This info is based on 11, but I imagine it hasn't changed.
1. Go to Edit League Structure
2. Import Historical Team
3. Select Historical_Database.odb or Master.csv
4. Select year, Refresh Teams List
5. select team, Import Team
6. repeat.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:34 PM   #16
luttic
Bat Boy

I figured out why I wasn't seeing the database. The file is located in the stats folder instead of the database folder. Hope this helps everyone else.
luttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:28 PM   #17
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luttic View Post
I figured out why I wasn't seeing the database. The file is located in the stats folder instead of the database folder. Hope this helps everyone else.
Same as with 11.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:41 AM   #18
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before, but there's an issue when you import a deadball-era team and a non deadball-era team into the same league. As in, the stats (by default) playout as if the games were played in a deadball era, even if I import using the neutralized database shipped with the game. It's pretty evident when using the simulation option, for e.g. playing 162 games with the 1909 Yankees vs the 2009 Yankees, A-Rod only hits ~15 homers, Sabathia barely strikes out 100 batters. It's due to the inordinately high movement ratings for pitchers and avoid K ratings for batters imported from the deadball era. Any quick way to resolve this, like an option or has someone else made another type of neutralized db?
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:42 PM   #19
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Look in Game Setup - Strategy and see what year your league is set for. If you choose an era (year) the game will try to get the league totals to match real life totals. I think this works best in a historical rather than a fictional league. Neutralized stats also helps.

But if you set up a league in the 1880's with 2002 teams you'll get some stat oddities and vice versa. It works pretty well if you choose a date from the 1950's or so. You'll need to experiment and see what you like. I tried every decade and decided on the 50's, you might enjoy something else.

There is no cake available so don't bother looking for it. The edible version of OOTP12 did not make it out of the test kitchen.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote