Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-10-2019, 05:29 PM   #61
old timer
Hall Of Famer

We're now 75-17 .815 and it seems like everyone is hot. Boggs has been great so far (.432/.511/.703), our offense is on pace for 1025 runs in spite of the fact that we're only 11th in HR and have only 1 SB so far (Boudreau spoiled it for us - would like to get zero SB once, but it's probably not possible).

The pitching is doing equally well and is on a record pace for us too (434 RA pace). We lead the league with 20 SHO (Singapore is 2nd with 13) and in RA. It's weird, because I didn't think this league was as weak as the league last week.

You know, nearly 25% of our losses (4 of them) were to the Singapore Sluggers. Remove them from the picture... Now there's a nice thought... and we'd have a .850 WPct. What a crazy season. And to think, it will all likely come to a not so glorious end for us in the post-season. But it will just be an honor to ... Screw that, we want to win it all.

Last edited by old timer; 10-10-2019 at 05:33 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:18 PM   #62
Argonaut
All Star Starter

You guys, this is the most intense division race OF ALL TIME. The Vikings are currently half a game up on the Waverunners, and in the middle of a series against them before the All-Star Break.

It's such a big rivalry that we decided to have a 20-inning contest that saw the Vikings come out ahead.

We were down to our last pitcher, poor Silver Steve Howe, a LOOGY who pitched the last 4 innings without a run. He doesn't strike anyone out, doesn't give up any walks, and doesn't give up any home runs. He's like the Zero True Outcome pitcher. He had previously only pitched a total of 1 inning in the season (for some reason my AI manager ignores my LOOGY).

Check it out.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:20 PM   #63
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
You guys, this is the most intense division race OF ALL TIME. The Vikings are currently half a game up on the Waverunners, and in the middle of a series against them before the All-Star Break.

It's such a big rivalry that we decided to have a 20-inning contest that saw the Vikings come out ahead.

We were down to our last pitcher, poor Silver Steve Howe, a LOOGY who pitched the last 4 innings without a run. He doesn't strike anyone out, doesn't give up any walks, and doesn't give up any home runs. He's like the Zero True Outcome pitcher. He had previously only pitched a total of 1 inning in the season (for some reason my AI manager ignores my LOOGY).

Check it out.
20 inning battle of the top teams. Dang that Brian Wilson for giving up a hit in the 20th! Big difference between being 1st or the wildcard.

Good luck in your division race.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:40 PM   #64
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Update on the Suns division race, we are up to 3rd, now 62-33. As seen below, we still have the top 3 WC teams as well and it isn't particularly close. Gonna be a real fun week this week! Maddux is leading the league with a 1.58 ERA!! Boggs tied for the lead league in BA at .354.

Last edited by CrazyWR; 10-10-2019 at 07:41 PM.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:44 PM   #65
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Look what we have here, a No Hitter by Carpenter.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:05 AM   #66
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
The Frogs are not going to make the playoffs this week, unfortunately. ... We'll just try to tread water and stay a bit above .500.
Care to amend your statement, sir?
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:40 AM   #67
Nero
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
14 game winning streaks go an awful long way!

It's been a heck of a season, and you guys have some serious battles going on in the second half! I'm just sitting back watching King Kelly and Ty Cobb anchor my line-up. For me, the most potent 1-2 punch I've ever had in Perfect Team. At 100 games in, Kelly was on a pace for 130 SB and 197 Runs scored, and Cobb was on the 90 SB, 140 Runs, and 177 RBI pace. I realize they'll fall short, but those two have been carrying my offense.
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 01:07 AM   #68
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Thanks! BTW it would be cool if you could sneak in the playoffs in that division and go on a deep run.
It would be cool... but I don't think it's gonna happen. We are 48-58, having gone 8-17 so far this month, now 5 1/2 games back in the division.

Our conference must be very power-lite. We've hit 113 homers, which is good enough for 2nd-most. Weird, especially seeing as we play in a pitcher's park, and we only have 4 guys who've hit more than 10 (highest is Bagwell with 17).

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report

Last edited by Izz; 10-11-2019 at 01:10 AM.
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 02:56 AM   #69
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Nah. My team couldn't even win 17 in a row. What a bunch of bums! We're finished. Finished!

It was actually a very good month of July for the Frogs, who went 21-4 and had a 16-game winning streak (4000 PP is nice) snapped on the final day of the month. The ball club started the month 5.5 games out of wild card position and now find themselves with a 4-game lead for WC #2. Currently 2.5 games behind the Arkport Wolves for the #1 WC--the Wolves are in a virtual tie with the Saint Paul Fighting Saints for their division lead. Huntley (12.5-game lead) and Carmel (9-game lead) have effectively put their divisions on ice already. In the other conference, the Manhattan Momos and Austin Express are playing .800 ball and battling for best overall record.

My Frogs will begin August sims with a quickie 2-game set against JasonC23's Red Raiders. Nice to have my top 2 starters taking their turns for that (and to be missing theirs). La Crosse's copy of Ed Walsh has been very good this year: 19-1, 2.19 ERA. I think the only game he lost was against the same Red Raiders where Walsh got pounded for 2 whole runs as my offense was in a period of getting shut out left and right at the time. Walsh has been pretty fortunate overall, though, because he's getting 4.58 runs per game from his offense while the offense has been struggling overall (451 runs scored, 9th). In contrast, Seaver, Mathewson, and Sabathia are all getting less than 3 runs per game of run support.

Other than those 2 games against Huntley, the Frogs have 3 tough games @ Carmel and 4 home games against Excelsior on the slate for August (schedule is pretty favorable overall). The schedule will get a lot tougher in September with 2 series against Huntley, hosting those .800-ball-playing Momos for 3 games in interleague play, going to Wild Card-competing Kyary for 3, and bookending the month with series against Wild Card-competing Excelsior.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 07:06 AM   #70
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The Raccoons enter August with a near .800 record for the 1st time ever. Adding Boggs sure has helped so far. After hitting only .231 for our conference mates, the Utica Unicorns, he's raised his AVG to .287 by hitting .446/.517/.662 in 20 Gs (with 17 R, 17 RBI). Ruth isn't being used full time this year (due to Lajoie hitting LHP much better this year), but he still leads in HRs and SLG. Just what we needed to maintain our 1000+ run pace.

On the pitching side, Schilling and Keefe are having great years. Schilling is on pace for an rWAR of 13.4 and has 5 SHO while Keefe has a QS% of 100 (23 GS). Hoffman, on the other hand, has had 3 straight rough outings, but otherwise had been very effective. I'm sure he'll work out great in the long run. Now, I just need to save up again and get Lee Smith for our bullpen.

On the other side of the world, Singapore's on a 27 game winning streak and is on pace for an RDiff of +753 (1204 R pace!). In other words, just par for the course for them. Then there's our future playoff nemesis (I hope!), the Slumlords, still flying high at an .811 clip. The Eagles have cooled off of late, but they'll be tough to beat in the playoffs, especially if we have to meet them in the division series. This is one year where finishing with the best record in the conference will probably be beneficial.
Attached Images

Last edited by old timer; 10-11-2019 at 07:19 AM.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:49 PM   #71
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Sweep of Orcin

I swept Orcin's Louisville Colonels in a 4-game series in LOU in virtual May. It felt terrific! I recognize him as an excellent virtual manager. 5 out of 7 on the season.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 01:50 PM   #72
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
On the other side of the world, Singapore's on a 27 game winning streak and is on pace for an RDiff of +753 (1204 R pace!). In other words, just par for the course for them.
I know I should be immune to any talk of Singapore domination, but...

27?!?!?!?!?!?

Old 10-11-2019, 01:57 PM   #73
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
My Frogs will begin August sims with a quickie 2-game set against JasonC23's Red Raiders. Nice to have my top 2 starters taking their turns for that (and to be missing theirs).
Very nice, indeed, for the Frogs, who swept the 2-game series. We've had an odd season series thus far; the Frogs lead, 7-6, so we're basically even overall, but the results of the individual series show wild swings in domination:

4 games at La Crosse: Split
3 games at Huntley: Frogs SWEEP
4 games at Huntley: Red Raiders SWEEP
2 games at La Crosse: Frogs SWEEP

I, therefore, predict that in our final 2 series that Huntley will sweep one and La Crosse will sweep the other. Because why not?

Also, just to make sure I'm not seeing things...Morgan Freemans??

Old 10-11-2019, 02:16 PM   #74
Nero
Minors (Triple A)

If the Frogs and the Red Raiders could take any games against the Momo's, I'd be grateful, I've got 3.5 games to make up there, and I'd really like to secure some home field in the playoffs! You guys have the toughest division, beating up on some pretty good teams.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:05 PM   #75
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I know I should be immune to any talk of Singapore domination, but...

27?!?!?!?!?!?

Their win streak is now 35 G. People are starting to wonder... ... Will they even lose again this season? Maybe not!

So we're now at an .804 WPct and it's only 3rd best in the league.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:11 PM   #76
Argonaut
All Star Starter

The division race of the decade continues! Another extra-innings game between the Vikings and Waverunners. "This kind of game is tough on the heart," my digital alter-ego said. I'll bet.

My Gold Griffey, who's been with the team since Iron Level, walked it off in the 15th inning. He's always been pretty clutch as he holds 5 Series MVP badges.

BTW, check out that 13th inning where we fought back!
Attached Images

Last edited by Argonaut; 10-11-2019 at 03:12 PM.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 04:51 PM   #77
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Their win streak is now 35 G. People are starting to wonder... ... Will they even lose again this season? Maybe not!

So we're now at an .804 WPct and it's only 3rd best in the league.
We now take you live to all future Singapore opponents:

Old 10-11-2019, 04:55 PM   #78
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero View Post
If the Frogs and the Red Raiders could take any games against the Momo's, I'd be grateful, I've got 3.5 games to make up there, and I'd really like to secure some home field in the playoffs! You guys have the toughest division, beating up on some pretty good teams.
The Red Raiders host Manhattan in Huntley in 6.5 hours or so for a 3-game series. We will do our best...

Old 10-11-2019, 06:52 PM   #79
Nero
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
The Red Raiders host Manhattan in Huntley in 6.5 hours or so for a 3-game series. We will do our best...

Good luck to you! I'm pulling for ya! I hate that if I meet either of you two, it'll be in a series, but then again, I can then hope for a 7 game epic series. Best result though that I can hope for!

Beat those Momo's!
Old 10-11-2019, 09:08 PM   #80
old timer
Hall Of Famer

After 42 straight Ws, the Sluggers finally succumbed to the mighty Las Vegas Rattlers (46-78) who also managed to win their season series (2-1) against us this year. The Raccoons, feeling jealous of all the attention Singapore's received, have gone on a mini-tear of their own, winning 16 straight. Only 26 more Ws needed to match the Sluggers... No problem!

Boggs has continued to be amazing. In 34 G for us, he's hitting .443/.500/.672 with 28 R, 30 RBI helping raise our team AVG to .308, 2nd only to Singapore's .318. There is one category where we're still #1 in the league and that's in RA. We've allowed only 338 R (445 pace) which is pretty good considering we play half our games in a maxed out hitters' park.

Now if we can just continue this kind of play into the post-season...
Attached Images

Last edited by old timer; 10-11-2019 at 09:15 PM.