Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 04-21-2019, 10:06 PM   #41
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
I considered Treinen, but decided on getting 2 gold relievers (Familia and Stammen) along with Kiner for the same price as one Treinen. But he's on my wish list if and when I ever have 15k to blow.
Apologies. he used to be a lot cheaper. His all-time winning bid is ~8K and he sold for 6-8K for many weeks.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:19 PM   #42
joehart
All Star Starter

Another cheap silver reliever is Sad Sam Jones. You can usually put him in as a middle reliever or for long relief and he will do just fine.
He is a 72 in PT19 but with just an extra bump in his movement (77 to 88), he jumped all the way to a 92 diamond card in PT20.

That clearly suggests that movement is highly valued and he was probably a much better card to begin with in PT19. Kind of like 78 Len Barker silver card that should have been a low Diamond/high Gold in PT19.
Old 04-21-2019, 11:52 PM   #43
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Another cheap silver reliever is Sad Sam Jones. You can usually put him in as a middle reliever or for long relief and he will do just fine.
He is a 72 in PT19 but with just an extra bump in his movement (77 to 88), he jumped all the way to a 92 diamond card in PT20.

That clearly suggests that movement is highly valued and he was probably a much better card to begin with in PT19. Kind of like 78 Len Barker silver card that should have been a low Diamond/high Gold in PT19.

Thanks for the suggestion, but Jones was a disaster for 2 of my teams. I may try him again one day, but he never had a FIP lower than 5.40 or an ERA+ higher than 84ish for me. Might have been my ballpark or something, but he wasn't effective at all, and I tried him as starter and a reliever. He was my worst pitcher on my entire staff on my team in silver this past week. I currently am selling him on the AH
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 07:32 AM   #44
joehart
All Star Starter

How are your teams doing now?

Have you settled on a strategy for each of them? Power vs contacts vs .....

Still looking for certain cards?

Old 04-27-2019, 10:13 AM   #45
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
How are your teams doing now?

Have you settled on a strategy for each of them? Power vs contacts vs .....

Still looking for certain cards?

I'm doing okay on my main trouble team, and I got a few packs with valuable cards that don't fit my strategy so I am selling them off and scratching my team and starting a theme team. The team name is the Nationals already so I'm going to run a team with people from the Senators/Expos/or Nationals. I'm off to a good start so far. I'm just waiting for Rendon at 3B. Right now I have the gold 3B version of Ryan Zimmerman, so he'll do for now. My biggest challenge will be finding Juan Soto and Victor Robles I think. I've never seen either one in the AH in the 2+ months I've been playing.

As for my other teams, the RH power team has been kicking serious butt with McGwire, Kiner, Killebrew, Bagwell, and JD Martinez. I'll post screenshots when my game is up and running. It has been having major crashing issues, and I'm beginning to get mad about it. I have been back and forth with tech support for more than TWO WEEKS of reinstalls, driver updates, error checks, file adjustments, etc...and it still keeps crashing. So I'm unsure how much longer I'll be playing the game. If it isn't fixed in the next few days I'm most likely done. I had patience about it for the first week and half, but now it's getting ridiculous.

Last edited by Findest2001; 04-27-2019 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-27-2019, 11:44 AM   #46
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

And how awesome is that? I just got PT working (for a few minutes anyways) and bought 5 packs. I got a 94 Tris Speaker who just happened to play for the Senators in 1927 so he fits my theme! Although he could probably sell for 40k or more, but he's a really good hitter. Like, the best I've seen next to Barry Bonds. Three of his ratings are dark blue.
Old 04-28-2019, 12:05 AM   #47
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
Right now I have the gold 3B version of Ryan Zimmerman, so he'll do for now. My biggest challenge will be finding Juan Soto and Victor Robles I think. I've never seen either one in the AH in the 2+ months I've been playing.
Are you referring to this card? I can put it into the AH for you.
It is a bit pricey though at 7k for last 7 purchases. Unfortunately, I can't list it below that value per guidance from developers (to avoid abuse/cheating between players).

I don't believe I have Soto anymore in the reserves. I will check with the kids tonight.
If you still want a Maddox, I have it as well. I think that one sells for 2,999 per last 7 purchases.

Speaker is a nice card. I never owned him myself (used Cobb/Seymour/Bonds/…) but he will make a nice LF/RF addition. I would probably avoid him in CF.
Based on the 13 seasons that I have seen him, he will get you average 2+ WAR and 106 OPS+.
Attached Images

Last edited by joehart; 04-28-2019 at 12:25 AM.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:46 AM   #48
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Are you referring to this card? I can put it into the AH for you.
It is a bit pricey though at 7k for last 7 purchases. Unfortunately, I can't list it below that value per guidance from developers (to avoid abuse/cheating between players).

I don't believe I have Soto anymore in the reserves. I will check with the kids tonight.
If you still want a Maddox, I have it as well. I think that one sells for 2,999 per last 7 purchases.

Speaker is a nice card. I never owned him myself (used Cobb/Seymour/Bonds/…) but he will make a nice LF/RF addition. I would probably avoid him in CF.
Based on the 13 seasons that I have seen him, he will get you average 2+ WAR and 106 OPS+.
I will gladly pay 7k for robles. Just let me check my auctions today (I've got over 70k up so something should sell). When i do I'll let you know. I had 5.5k when i went to sleep last night
Old 04-28-2019, 11:56 AM   #49
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

I have the 7K now. Do we need to agree upon a time that you're going to list it so that nobody else swoops in and gets it? I'm currently at a church event and won't be back for 3 hours but anytime this afternoon I should be able to grab it