Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 04-18-2019, 07:58 AM   #81
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Wild card race
Attached Images
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:01 AM   #82
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

I am still very surprised about Barely Legal. They are 5 games back in the Wild Card race at Mid Season. I really cannot believe that. I always feared them as one of the toughest teams in the league.
Old 04-18-2019, 08:04 AM   #83
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

The Seattle Base Thieves Who are the Defending Champions are at it again. They are winning their Division by 5 games in their quest to repeat. They are in the mix year after year. Can they repeat? Looks like they are giving it a go.👍
Old 04-18-2019, 08:09 AM   #84
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Being obsessed with the Home Run Record and how hard it is to do. We have Mike Trout of the Darmstadt Howlers with a very respectful 22 at half time. That would be on pace for 44 and 4 short of the record of 48. That record might never be broken in a Perfect League.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:19 AM   #85
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Two nice surprises at halftime both have Suns in their name. The Hagerstown Suns have 50 wins at the half. Last season they won 88 games. A nice improvement if it continues. Also the Sanford Suns in their first season in perfect are 38-44 and were playing .500 ball 10 games earlier. A lot of teams come into the perfect league and fall completely on their face and get relegated back in the first season. Sanford looks like they want to stay.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:26 AM   #86
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

The Scots also have had a very good first half. Last season they won 83 games and did not make the playoffs. This season they have 51 wins at the half and lead the whole American Conference with a fine .607 winning pct. They are in a tough league with the Dragons (A very good team) in their Division and the Defending Champions Base Thieves in the Central Division. It will be a very interesting second half...
Old 04-18-2019, 12:42 PM   #87
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
The Seattle Base Thieves Who are the Defending Champions are at it again. They are winning their Division by 5 games in their quest to repeat. They are in the mix year after year. Can they repeat? Looks like they are giving it a go.👍
Don't worry...I am a nice guy and let my competitors back into the race and take the wild card route. Lead shrunk back to 2 after an away sweep at the Meltdown. Central Falcons behind by 5 now.

Frustration setting in.....
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:45 PM   #88
joehart
All Star Starter

I just realized that PT20 added a new standings tab that shows promotions and relegations. If only we had that tab in the Orcin league.
I remember some of the years we had a few teams with the same W-L record and we were trying to manually figure out all the various tie-breaking scenarios.

A very cool addition. I did not even know it was added. Thank you DEV team.
Attached Images
Old 04-18-2019, 01:00 PM   #89
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Being obsessed with the Home Run Record and how hard it is to do. We have Mike Trout of the Darmstadt Howlers with a very respectful 22 at half time. That would be on pace for 44 and 4 short of the record of 48. That record might never be broken in a Perfect League.
I always meant to look through all my past leagues and see if there is a higher HR record number.
I did not know that my kiddos actually did that already a while back and wrote down 49 as the highest HR record in our leagues.
DH Babe Ruth 100 from Adirondack (don't know their park setup) hit 49 HRs in P412. The same card hit 47 as well. He played all 162 games.

I have never seen a Trout with more than 37. Trout tends to play 7-10 fewer games (LF or CF position) so he will be at a disadvantage.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:18 PM   #90
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Afternoon Standings
Attached Images
Old 04-18-2019, 04:50 PM   #91
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Holy smokes Zorro is playing .700 baseball. What is your all time best?
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:01 PM   #92
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
I had 117 wins one season in Perfect. That was my best.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:05 PM   #93
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My team is angry after blowing that series last season. They have been on a mission.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:07 PM   #94
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It will be very hard to stay at .700. I am in a very good Division and we play each other a lot in September.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:11 PM   #95
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You still leading your Division?
Old 04-18-2019, 10:57 PM   #96
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Are you counting all titles or just the ones from the top league (Perfect league titles)? Zorro P412 league has 20 PL titles.

50 Perfect league titles would suggest a really tough league.
Ha, Lord no it's not 50 PL titles, it's something in the neighborhood of 9 or 10. Thought Dunzie was counting up all of 'em.

Last edited by pappyzan; 04-18-2019 at 11:00 PM.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:16 AM   #97
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
You still leading your Division?
Gold is actually running away with their division, which shocks me. Don't think they've been actually OVER .500 at perfect yet, and this year running at 20+ games over .500. Strange. Pitching and hitting are both above normal, which still suggests an impending crash for me.

Blue is my nemesis. Better players by FAR in pitching and hitting, and yet they can't seem to string together any consistent play. I just went in and changed up all my global strategy settings to see if that shakes things up, but right now sitting 4 games back of the division leader who on paper looks like I should be clearly ahead of. So many of my guys - especially on offense - are having career low years.

Red is hanging in there, within a couple games of their division lead. But they've come back to earth at least a little now unfortunately.

I just added a perfect Randy Johnson to try to get a lefty in the mix for rotation and bullpen time to see if that can help. Cy Young has had a rotten year so he's sent to AAA!
Old 04-19-2019, 08:26 AM   #98
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

I run the Doctrine in your league with the Gold squad...you got a nice division placement. The top 3 teams in the entire league are all in my division with 1 possible exception. We are all beating up on each other so the rest of yall are coasting lol. I would GLADLY swap places with you.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 11:13 AM   #99
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
I run the Doctrine in your league with the Gold squad...you got a nice division placement. The top 3 teams in the entire league are all in my division with 1 possible exception. We are all beating up on each other so the rest of yall are coasting lol. I would GLADLY swap places with you.

Yeah the one thing we have no control over is the way we get re-seeded every week. Sometimes it definitely works in our favor. The Blue team I have isn't in a tough division so it bothers me they are underperforming so badly. And yet the AC Central in that league is absolutely stacked (top 3 teams have 11 perfect WS titles between them) and I do better against those teams than the ones in my own division for some stinking reason.

But you're right my Gold team benefitted from placement... for now anyway. I see I have a whack of games against your division the rest of the season, including all the top teams. And 3-7 in our last 10. The crash may already be in the works!

Last edited by Dunzie; 04-19-2019 at 11:18 AM.
Old 04-19-2019, 11:49 AM   #100
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

agreed, last season we got a good placement and pulled off our best ever season (at any level), obviously this season not so much. Just gotta beat who is in front of you though and hope next week works out in your favor.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote