Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 4 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 02-25-2018, 10:23 PM   #1
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Seem to Have Lost Graphics

My computer crashed and rebooted while I was in a historical game. When I attempted to restart that game, I got an invalid data base message. I was able to reload a previous save with no problem, so I just deleted the game and started anew. I get no player or personnel pictures. No sweaters or helmets. The show info selection on the picture regeneration says, "FHM4 did not search..." The graphics folders for jersey and helmets are both empty. Logos, awards, trophy are all stil intact. Player pics contain only gray outline pictures, which is what show up on the rosters, sans sweater and helmet. I also started a Black Hawks challenge and the same thing resulted. The previously saved game is unaffected. Uniforms and pictures are intact. I am running the latest update. If I need to reinstall the game, can I copy the unaffected save to my desktop and then paste it back in? Any help will be greatly appreciated. My computer skills are not the best, so any suggestions would be more helpful if they do not assume great technical expertise on my part. In other words, keep it simple, I'm stupid. Thanks.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:25 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yes, if you just copy the save back to your saved_games folder, it'll still work. You want to save all the contents of the folder with the .lg extension named after your save(s) in the saved_games folder. You'll still be missing the graphics in that save, though - to get those back, you'll need to copy the "graphics" folder from the Historical.quick folder (inside the quickstart_games folder) into your save.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:05 AM   #3
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Thanks so much for the quick reply. You folks are amazing. My question was poorly asked. Is there a way to restore the graphics folders that are now empty without reinstalling? Also, do I need to delete the game first, or can I just reinstall the the update again. Thanks.
Old 02-27-2018, 02:40 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

From the sounds of it, something may be missing from the graphics folders if you're not getting them in new games, so reinstalling is the simplest way to fix that.

If it's the eSellerate version, just install the most recent update again, that'll do it. No need to delete/uninstall the game first.

If you're using Steam, right-click on the game in your library, select Properties, then the Local Files tab, then "Verify Integrity of Game Files." That'll make sure all the files are as they should be.

And you actually don't need to move your saves at all, now that I think of it. The reinstallation will work around them, they'll still be there afterwards.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:35 PM   #5
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Problem Solved

Many thanks, Jeff, as always, for the amazingly quick response. I did uninstall and then reinstall the game and it all went very well. As you said, I did not lose any saved games, although I did copy one, just in case. In fact, there was a saved game I had forgotten about that puts me in charge of the Rangers just before the start of their first regular season. Hopefully, I can avoid the curse. I'll let you know in about 1950. I'd ask if you guys ever sleep, but I think I know the answer. Again thanks again for the wonderful sense of community you have built around this game.