Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 4 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 02-03-2018, 04:43 PM   #1
Knoeppel
Minors (Single A)

Reviewing Sweden

So I have playe three seasons in sweden. Went fron Allsvenskan to SHL with AIK Solna.

Finnaly i stopped playing when all my players went to NHL. (Edit: Ok not all of them, but many of the coreplayer i had signed)

First season i signed some players that were around 21-23 years old.. For me they where around 3 to 4 star potential. In NHL they were around 2 to 2.5 stars.. so they got signed by NHL teams...

Okej.. next season i changed my plan and signed older players, thinking that the NHL had given up on them.

So i had a team consisting of 1-3 star player in SHL standard. 0.5-2 star nhl standard.. ( or it´s the consesus standard i´m going after for the NHL)

So i loose Nils Andersson 1,5 stars consensus and for me 2,5 stars..

I sign Leo komarov 2,5 stars for me... and loose him a week later.. 2,0 stars consensus for the NHL..

Over two seasons i have lost maybe 7 players that just signed with me and after that they go to NHL...

So i am looking for the wrong players?
If they sign with me, are they supposed to want to go to the NHL so close to signing with me?
Are the NHL supposed to sign so low quality stars players? (I have lost low stars prospects to the NHL)

I know this is a fact in real life, that swedish teams loose their prospects to NHL. but not all of the,.

The consensus rating, is it for the NHl or what rating is it for?
So am i supposed to lower my standard of wisch player i am signing or is it a thing to tone down in the game by the developers?

By the way, i still love the game and think you guys do a fantastic job!
i have never been involved in a game where the creators are such a big part of the forums, and you really feel that you get answer and changes to your toughts about the game!

Keep up the good work!!

Last edited by Knoeppel; 02-04-2018 at 03:15 AM.
Knoeppel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 02:47 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Because of the NHL-IIHF transfer agreement, the NHL can take pretty much whoever they want. The consensus values are (roughly) NHL-equivalent, so they should be a good indication of how valuable the player is to the NHL - but if a team needs someone in a specific role or at a specific salary level, they may take someone who appears to have a fairly low rating. The safest thing to do, if you don't want to have NHL teams taking your players as often, would be to wait a little later into the season (preferably after the NHL preseason begins) before signing players who may get NHL interest. Once they've filled out their rosters for the upcoming season, you can look over the remaining players without having to worry as much about them leaving (although it's still a risk for the better ones.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote