Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-23-2015, 05:40 PM   #41
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
One more time...

Markus, what if we, the users, did it? If we put the database together, would you implement it?

I ask this because I already have most of that data in a spreadsheet.
Well, it would need a lot of testing... but for OOTP 17 it would definitely be possible.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 05:51 PM   #42
Assos
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Well, it would need a lot of testing... but for OOTP 17 it would definitely be possible.
I am guessing the community should get started.
Assos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:37 PM   #43
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacgreg37 View Post
Having MiLB licenses, will this allow us, when starting historical leagues (70's, 80's, more recent) to have actual minor league affiliates already named and properly attached, so no more re-naming/replacing all the affiliates when starting historical?
Markus has already answered, but I would point out the minors change quite a bit every few years, with clubs shifting affiliations and sometimes locations (or even leagues). Not to mention changes to minor league sizes, alignments, playoff formats, schedules, team nicknames, ballparks, etc. Then there's the question of what to do with earlier years when the number of affiliated clubs within the minors was much lower.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:47 PM   #44
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
Markus has already answered, but I would point out the minors change quite a bit every few years, with clubs shifting affiliations and sometimes locations (or even leagues). Not to mention changes to minor league sizes, alignments, playoff formats, schedules, team nicknames, ballparks, etc. Then there's the question of what to do with earlier years when the number of affiliated clubs within the minors was much lower.
Or, in the case of the decade or so immediately after WWII, much higher.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:49 PM   #45
Assos
All Star Starter

I have a client that played in the Mets system that played in Western Texas on a C League team in the early 60s.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:56 PM   #46
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Details. Let's start the project next month. I'll post the spreadsheet that I have and we can start getting the database done,
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:58 PM   #47
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assos View Post
I am guessing the community should get started.
Absolutely correct. I'll post a call for task force members next month.

This needs to be in the game.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:40 PM   #48
Assos
All Star Starter

I will do what I can to help, been here a long time and the database would be great!
Old 01-23-2015, 07:46 PM   #49
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Details.
Yes. And the devil is in those details. If there's one word which can be used to summarize the minor leagues it is "change". The major leagues are a rock of consistency compared to the minors.

Awhile back I sat down and worked out the frequency of club relocation in the minors since 1983. It turned out that teams in the minor leagues relocate at four times the rate seen in the major leagues since 1901.

There's not even a comprehensive history of minor league franchises available. In some years it is hard to tell what exactly happened in a league due to the general paucity of information or conflicting sources. For example, for the New York-Penn League's 1989 season, according to the book Minor League Baseball Standings the Little Falls club moved to Pittsfield and Niagara Falls and Welland were added as expansion teams. But according to the Baseball America's 1989 Directory, Little Falls moved to Pittsfield, Watertown moved to Welland, and expansion teams were added in Niagara Falls and Watertown.

Quote:
Let's start the project next month. I'll post the spreadsheet that I have and we can start getting the database done,
Why wait? Post it now. What specific data fields does it contain?

ETA: Folks with good memories may recall this little project: The Minor League Baseball League Reference Compendium. Unfortunately due to circumstances it had to be shelved. But it has not been forgotten and it will be resurrected at some point, incorporating even more leagues, including the winter leagues. (Which are a much overlooked part of baseball—while the 'regular' minor leagues have various reference sources available, there doesn't appear to be anything around which lists even more the most basic historical league-level data for the winter leagues: the final standings and complete playoff results.)

Last edited by Le Grande Orange; 01-23-2015 at 08:01 PM.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 08:50 PM   #50
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
I give you the finger and you take the whole arm, eh?
haha i think we are all guilty of that at one time or another!

Last edited by dave1927p; 01-23-2015 at 09:40 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:31 PM   #51
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes. And the devil is in those details.
Ah, but I am a member of the Cult of Done. One of our tenets is "Laugh at perfection. It's boring and keeps you from being done."

Old 01-23-2015, 11:58 PM   #52
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Minor League Evolution so a Computer control team can move a Minor League Team when it's contract is up with MLB Team if it doesn't renew it or it gets purchased?
Spring Training Stadiums?
Real Rule 5 Draft rules?
When signing somebody to a Minor league contract could say in it invited to Camp?
Computer control teams setting their opening day rosters before opening day,Split Squsd Games? Minor League Camp?
Futures Game? Real Winter Ball Rosters and do it like how All Star Game rosters are selected? Rumor Mill? More Front Office Postions?
Old 01-24-2015, 12:58 AM   #53
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Minor League Evolution so a Computer control team can move a Minor League Team when it's contract is up with MLB Team if it doesn't renew it or it gets purchased?
Real Rule 5 Draft rules?
When signing somebody to a Minor league contract could say in it invited to Camp?
Computer control teams setting their opening day rosters before opening day,Split Squsd Games? Minor League Camp?
Futures Game? Real Winter Ball Rosters and do it like how All Star Game rosters are selected? Rumor Mill? More Front Office Postions?
I would like to second all of this.

Old 01-24-2015, 01:26 AM   #54
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Quote:
Real Rule 5 Draft rules?
And I would like to third it.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:48 PM   #55
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Real Rule 5 Draft rules?
Fourthed all of these.
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote