Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:56 AM   #1
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

Random Sports thread

This can be a thread where we post about various sports, perhaps in situations where an entire thread is not warranted.

Ha, I just confirmed for myself that the Cincinnati Bengals and Cleveland Browns have never played each other in the playoffs. I know they've sucked for the majority of their lives, but both were pretty good for a time in the late '80s.
kenyan_cheena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:31 AM   #2
ry1220
All Star Reserve

Perfect thread.

Vic Mazarro (sp) gave up 14 earned runs last night. That's impressive. How'd he stay in long enough to do that kind of damage?

Last edited by ry1220; 05-17-2011 at 09:40 AM.
ry1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
mirrf
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry1220 View Post
Perfect thread.

Vic Mazarro (sp) gave up 14 earned runs last night. That's impressive. How'd he stay in long enough to do that kind of damage?
I saw that on sportscenter last night. When seeing the high(low)lights, I thought to myself, good A's players end up on the Yankees, bad A's players end up in Cleveland.

Indian fans say "hi" for me to: Travis Buck, Jack Hannahan, & Orlando Cabrera

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrf View Post
Time is like a crystal pool in front of a mirror, wrapped in a fortune cookie. It is to be eaten, but the glass shards will burn brightest when coming out the back end.
mirrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:59 PM   #4
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

Woo-hoo! Wolves are staying in the Premier League for another season!
Old 05-22-2011, 08:09 PM   #5
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

I might be way off here, but does anyone think that it's kinda STUPID that the Cubs haven't played at Fenway since 1918? I know that in MLB there's a lot of tradition with the NL/AL structure, but it really strikes me as silly that something like this happens. I'm probably looking at it from an Australian sports perspective, where our largest league has only 17 teams in it and they all play each other at least once every season.

But you have 162 games in a baseball season. Surely, since interleague was implemented, there should have been a time before now when this matchup could have happened? More than that, it seems ridiculous that with that many games they don't come close to playing every team in the league at least three times in a season.

The only way that could happen is if they completely changed the structure to where they had, say, five divisions with six teams in each. You could play your division rivals eighteen times each (90 games) and every other team three times (72 games). Not gonna happen, though.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:38 PM   #6
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

Did you know that Jim Jackson played for 13 different NBA clubs? He started his career with the Mavericks and was part of the "J" trio that also included Jason Kidd and Jamal Mashburn.

Pro career 1992–2006

Career history

Dallas Mavericks (1992–1997)
New Jersey Nets (1997)
Philadelphia 76ers (1997–1998)
Golden State Warriors (1998)
Portland Trail Blazers (1999)
Atlanta Hawks (1999–2000)
Cleveland Cavaliers (2001)
Miami Heat (2001–2002)
Sacramento Kings (2002–2003)
Houston Rockets (2003–2004)
New Orleans Hornets (2004)
Phoenix Suns (2004–2006)
Los Angeles Lakers (2006)
Old 06-21-2011, 08:53 PM   #7
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

Something that gave me a little chuckle on Sportscenter yesterday. Wimbledon highlights, Nadal, one of the anchors says "He's the one in the forecourt if you're new to the game".
Old 06-25-2011, 12:28 PM   #8
bailey
Hall Of Famer

On June 24, 2011, Rodriguez started for Houston pitched 6 innings and was relieved by Rodriguez who pitched 2 innings and was relieved by Rodriguez who closed out the game.

Also, on this date Aubrey Huff, (SF Giants), hit a sacrifice fly to the 3rd baseman!

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote