Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-30-2019, 03:06 PM   #1
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

AH and Top and Bottom of the hour forced League Updates

This really isn't a bug so much as a design and usability error.

This is regarding trying to place last second bids on an auction where the users has set it to end right at or after the Q :00 or :30 o'clock updates.

These updates takes focus and the bidder is forced to click the "download now!" update button to move forward... with your auction, it cannot be ignored or clicked past or cancelled.

You are now taken out of the auction as the clock hits 0:00. You can't click behind it, around it, or though it. It has to be dealt with to continue.

You MUST comply and perform the forced update which can take anywhere from 7 to 25 seconds on my end with my PC and my connection. If that update comes at the wrong time you are punished and repeatedly...

I have lost out on countless auctions I have been actively bidding on due to this issue when getting ready to place a final bid in 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 ding ding ding ding.... Simulation complete. A new league file is available!

This was requested in the '19 version of PT and I am requesting it again, please separate the AH from forced updates. The updates go on and on and on in the background whether we update or not. Why must we click the DOWNLOAD NOW button to continue... Focus should not be set on the pop up and users should be allowed to ignore them while finishing up their auctions.

This shouldn't be a problem but it is and one that happens several times a week. Please address this ongoing issue...
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:40 PM   #2
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Nice.

The card, Dahlen, would have been mine for 46999 PP but I could not place my final bid due to Update LockOut is now selling for 180K+ in the AH.

... EDIT TYPO

Last edited by webdox; 04-05-2019 at 10:51 PM.
Old 04-08-2019, 02:26 AM   #3
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

happened to me today. Feelsbadman.
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 03:26 AM   #4
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

We are looking to add a "Cancel" button to the download dialog. That should fix the issue.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 05:43 PM   #5
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We are looking to add a "Cancel" button to the download dialog. That should fix the issue.
That would be awesome! Most of the time it hasn't been someone I'm going to cry over... but I was gutted when I couldn't bid on Dahlen since he was a complete steal (imo) at that price and someone I was ready to drop 50 usd to nab. Thanks for looking into it.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:14 PM   #6
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Thank You for the cancel option at the top and bottom of the hour updates!

This is greatly appreciated and should solve this problem.