Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 06-29-2018, 02:55 PM   #1
Flying_Canuck
Major Leagues

Taiwan Stadiums

Thanks to Silvam's great tutorial, I am learning how to build an actual OOTP 3D stadium. Since there is no Taiwan stadium available and I am originally from there, I thought I would start with the local ballparks there.

First up is Tianmu Stadium which is located in the capital city of Taipei. Actually it is not used much for professional baseball nowadays, but it is relatively simple and suitable for a beginner like me.

It's a challenge to build without a proper profile so each section is custom built individually. I try to be as accurate as possible by looking at many pictures (and from my childhood memory). Definitely not perfect but I feel the result is a good enough recreation of the actual thing.

Model and textures completed in Sketchup:

I have not exported into OBJ and tested it in-game. When that's done I will make sure to share the download link with the forum here Hopefully you will all find this useful if you have CPBL league in your baseball universe.
Flying_Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 03:04 PM   #2
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Canuck View Post
Thanks to Silvam's great tutorial, I am learning how to build an actual OOTP 3D stadium. Since there is no Taiwan stadium available and I am originally from there, I thought I would start with the local ballparks there.

First up is Tianmu Stadium which is located in the capital city of Taipei. Actually it is not used much for professional baseball nowadays, but it is relatively simple and suitable for a beginner like me.

It's a challenge to build without a proper profile so each section is custom built individually. I try to be as accurate as possible by looking at many pictures (and from my childhood memory). Definitely not perfect but I feel the result is a good enough recreation of the actual thing.

Model and textures completed in Sketchup:

I have not exported into OBJ and tested it in-game. When that's done I will make sure to share the download link with the forum here Hopefully you will all find this useful if you have CPBL league in your baseball universe.

Amazing work! It’s good to see others work. I’m hoping that other people will learn better techniques than I have so i can improve my parks. Keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2018, 06:04 PM   #3
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

That looks fantastic!
Old 06-29-2018, 06:11 PM   #4
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Looks like darn fine work! I'll look forward to be able to add 3d to over there.

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:57 AM   #5
Flying_Canuck
Major Leagues

Thanks guys. I did the 3D crowd and set up the grid. The stadium works well in-game, so here is the link for the model:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7tsen1...ll_Stadium.zip

Not quite happy about the light poles. Also I didn't bother to do 2D diagrams and don't know how to do the background yet, ha ha. I'll probably make improvements in the future. But right now I would like to move on to other ballparks in Taiwan first so we have a wider coverage!
Old 06-30-2018, 11:34 AM   #6
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for sharing your work with us.

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:36 AM   #7
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Gorgeous!!
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 10:22 AM   #8
Flying_Canuck
Major Leagues

My second attempt will be Kaohsiung Chengcing Lake Stadium. Originally I wanted to do Taoyuan International Stadium, but I found an existing model at 3D warehouse (credit to Tantunny). I really like the exterior and the awning that he did. But the original model probably won't work too well in OOTP because it's got many weird shapes and patching work. I will try to re-construct the entire seating area/walls/dugout, redo the textures, and pretty much a lot of clean-up to do. This feels like doing renovation work on an old building (which happens a lot in Taiwan anyway LOL).

Preview:

Break apart the 2nd deck, re-build the exits and put in as many flat surface as possible (for 3D crowd to look better)

Last edited by Flying_Canuck; 07-03-2018 at 10:28 AM.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:41 AM   #9
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Canuck View Post
My second attempt will be Kaohsiung Chengcing Lake Stadium. Originally I wanted to do Taoyuan International Stadium, but I found an existing model at 3D warehouse (credit to Tantunny). I really like the exterior and the awning that he did. But the original model probably won't work too well in OOTP because it's got many weird shapes and patching work. I will try to re-construct the entire seating area/walls/dugout, redo the textures, and pretty much a lot of clean-up to do. This feels like doing renovation work on an old building (which happens a lot in Taiwan anyway LOL).

Preview:

Break apart the 2nd deck, re-build the exits and put in as many flat surface as possible (for 3D crowd to look better)

Sounds like that's more of a job for HOK.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:18 PM   #10
majoch
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Those parks look really nice. I really like the arced roof sections!

What are you using for your grass textures? Anything I try and use looks too artificial.
majoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 10:00 AM   #11
Flying_Canuck
Major Leagues

I just use Silvam's stadium textures. The link can be found in his tutorial thread. He has a few really nice grass textures and you have to play around with the sizes (making it a bit bigger) to make it look right.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:31 PM   #12
Flying_Canuck
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post
Sounds like that's more of a job for HOK.

After completing my 2nd project, I can certainly appreciate a company like HOK. Taking an old building and bringing it to modern standard is much harder than I thought, LOL!
Old 07-19-2018, 02:39 PM   #13
Flying_Canuck
Major Leagues

Renovation completed for my second project~ took more time than I expected.....

This was the home of CPBL's Eda Rhinos, a team that doesn't exist anymore. Manny Ramirez also played in this ballpark for 1 season so it was one of the most attended stadium during that year.

I had fun re-doing many faces, adding much more detail, and updating textures. Also the original model had some problems with scaling. The walls were too high and field isn't exactly the right size. I found out too late and that was a tough thing to fix. But finally the end result is pretty ok in my opinion XD

So here I present to you: Kaohsiung Chengcing Lake Stadium!

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/l82lrx...ke_Stadium.zip

Last edited by Flying_Canuck; 07-19-2018 at 03:39 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:55 PM   #14
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Holy cow! Looks amazing.

Great job!

One thing. When grabbing your screens from sketchup, turn off the edges and profiles first. Then you won’t see the wall partitions and other black lines.

Old 07-19-2018, 04:32 PM   #15
orange6
Minors (Double A)

Astonishing work. So jealous of your abilities. This is too good to be used overseas though. Looks like Charlotte or Portland to me!
orange6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 08:56 PM   #16
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

No .prk files for the CPBL stadiums?
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:47 AM   #17
Flying_Canuck
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
No .prk files for the CPBL stadiums?

I have .prk file for Kaohsiung Chengcing Lake Stadium (only park factor and dimensions). I want to focus on creating the 3D models first so I did not create 2D diagram or 2D pictures though.

Tianmu one did not have prk file. I will make update to it later on.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:49 AM   #18
Flying_Canuck
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
Holy cow! Looks amazing.

Great job!

One thing. When grabbing your screens from sketchup, turn off the edges and profiles first. Then you won’t see the wall partitions and other black lines.

Thanks Silvam! Great feedback and I'll remember to turn off those things in my screens in the future.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:53 AM   #19
Flying_Canuck
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange6 View Post
Astonishing work. So jealous of your abilities. This is too good to be used overseas though. Looks like Charlotte or Portland to me!

Thanks man! I am still learning~ but for sure there are a lot of interesting stadiums overseas that are not being modeled yet (Korea, Caribbeans, Netherlands....etc). And Taiwan has a few more AAA quality stadiums. Whenever I have time, I will work on them.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:39 AM   #20
Flying_Canuck
Major Leagues

OK, I decided to improve my Tianmu Stadium. This time adding the background, 2D diagram, day-night pictures, ballpark factor and have everything available in PRK file.

Because I am not able to find a good background picture, I decide to build the more visible buildings in the area. Yeah..... I am crazy. I know. Check this out:

Tianmu Stadium V2 can be downloaded here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8hsb5d...um_V2.zip/file