Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-27-2015, 11:31 AM   #21
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Will games be cancelled because of cold weather(snow)?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:03 PM   #22
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobeck View Post
I think BB did not play on sundays only because of 'Blue Laws' that forbid them
The NL didn't schedule Sunday games even in those cities that allowed Sunday baseball. That didn't change until after the merger with the AA in 1892, if I recall correctly. After that, Sunday baseball was still outlawed in places like Boston and Philadelphia until some years later.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:15 PM   #23
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Rain outs usually rescheduled in September due to expansion of roster... pitching not a issue
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:18 PM   #24
Assos
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
Rain outs usually rescheduled in September due to expansion of roster... pitching not a issue
Not always, it is depending on the travel schedules of the team and how many games has a team played in a given time. The Union has to sign off if the players do not have an off day I believe at least once out of 20 days.
Assos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:09 PM   #25
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Since when?
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:24 PM   #26
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugga27 View Post
Since when?
Since never.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:48 PM   #27
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Happens ALOT the Tiger's and others always tries to get a rain out make up date in September and I see many occur in September. Of course once in a while male up dates can occur anytime during season. Just depends on when the two teams agree to play that game
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:15 PM   #28
TomVeal
All Star Starter

Quote:
Happens ALOT the Tiger's and others always tries to get a rain out make up date in September and I see many occur in September. Of course once in a while male up dates can occur anytime during season. Just depends on when the two teams agree to play that game
I don't know how often rainouts are rescheduled for September, but I do know that last year I went to a rescheduled game (half of a separate admission doubleheader) in Detroit in July.
TomVeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:30 PM   #29
daveawrit
Major Leagues

Another question when it comes to rainouts:

Will we get a weather forecast before the game, for planning purposes?

Say both my ace and my #5 are fully rested on my #5's starting day, but the next day when my ace is supposed to pitch it looks like there's a good chance for a rainout... will I be able to know this so that I can choose to move my ace up a day for guaranteed good weather instead of risking wasting a start?

Thanks!
daveawrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:45 PM   #30
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomVeal View Post
I don't know how often rainouts are rescheduled for September, but I do know that last year I went to a rescheduled game (half of a separate admission doubleheader) in Detroit in July.
I don't know how accurate this fantasy site is, but if we can assume it's even remotely close, then we can see that the vast majority of rainouts ARE NOT made up in September. In fact, at a quick glance, it looks like they're most likely to be made up the next day.

Rain delays and postponements of MLB 2014 (List of makeup games) - FTA Fantasy Team Advice
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:03 PM   #31
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

You guys should have asked me.

I've been tracking the day-by-day schedule—including postponed and rescheduled games—in MLB since 2009 and for the minor leagues for the past two seasons (2013-14).

As to Detroit specifically, the club only had two postponed home games in 2014, one on April 3rd and the other on April 15th. The former was made up on June 19th as a single game on a previously open date, while the latter was made up on July 19th as the day game of a day-night doubleheader. Detroit had two games postponed while on the road, on April 27th and June 10th. The former was made up on Aug. 23rd as the day game of a day-night doubleheader, while the latter was made up on Aug. 30th, also as the day game of a day-night doubleheader.

Other years (from 2009-13) available on request.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote