Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-26-2015, 12:51 PM   #41
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Any new news on the 3d stuff (ducks from wolf)
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 04:40 PM   #42
swoboda
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doors11 View Post
love to see real play by play. Curt Gowdy was the best for me. Old Time Baseball had him and Mel Allen in it.

that would make the game at another level
Spoken play by play would be nice. I played OTBB. Those two are gone but some good ones are still around. Would cost a few shekels to sign someone. Maybe with the boost in subscribers over the next few years ....?

The late great Lindsey Nelson
swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:25 PM   #43
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjh5165 View Post
Any chance the "select jersey number" function will be back to how it was in '14 and not only in the editor?
I miss that feature.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:15 PM   #44
BradC
All Star Starter

Yeah, it seems like a no-brainer for them to use OOTP, especially on MLB Network, where they can use it for all kinds of things. Even just five minutes talking about a sim doesn't seem like too much, since they have 24 hours a day to fill (watch, they'll air those 5 minutes at 3 AM), but right now, it's a "wait and see" kind of thing.

But we have to remember this is the first year of this deal. As we continue forward and as the game gets more exposure, hopefully we'll gain fans among people who are in a position to lobby for us. Already I have spoken to someone who writes a column for MLB.com and who has said he will try to talk about OOTP whenever he can, assuming his editor doesn't squash it. (He has to deal with all kinds of stringent guidelines too, of course.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Unfortunately, it's not as easy as it sounds... we'll still have lots of convincing to do until they use us for editorial purposes.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:23 PM   #45
Assos
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
Yeah, it seems like a no-brainer for them to use OOTP, especially on MLB Network, where they can use it for all kinds of things. Even just five minutes talking about a sim doesn't seem like too much, since they have 24 hours a day to fill (watch, they'll air those 5 minutes at 3 AM), but right now, it's a "wait and see" kind of thing.

But we have to remember this is the first year of this deal. As we continue forward and as the game gets more exposure, hopefully we'll gain fans among people who are in a position to lobby for us. Already I have spoken to someone who writes a column for MLB.com and who has said he will try to talk about OOTP whenever he can, assuming his editor doesn't squash it. (He has to deal with all kinds of stringent guidelines too, of course.)
The radio and pod casts you did last year has made my brother-in-law addicted to the game, much to the unhappiness of my sister.
Word will get out and spread as it has, now at a faster rate.
Assos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 05:38 PM   #46
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

As a "feature" I would also like to see OVR updated more often or always up to date to help the AI with roster moves. I don't know when the game currently update OVR's but every time I press "apply changes now" in the AI settings menu I get a different OVR for all players giving me the impression that OVR aren't always up to date. This happens even when playing with "Player rating based on all players not position" option.

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 01-27-2015 at 08:50 PM.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:28 PM   #47
BradC
All Star Starter

That's good to know. I admit I'm never 100% sure how much of an effect those interviews do, but I know they help with our good will and such, so I keep doing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assos View Post
The radio and pod casts you did last year has made my brother-in-law addicted to the game, much to the unhappiness of my sister.
Word will get out and spread as it has, now at a faster rate.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote