Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM - Technical Support Got problems running FHM or want to report a bug? See here!

Old 03-16-2014, 03:25 PM   #741
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
i have found few bugs in historical mode actually

1980 ... no more draft is possible they going automaticly in free gant mode and we can sign at 18 19 20 years old .
It looks like a late fix we made to correct some issues with WHA rights broke the way rights are assigned to players younger than the first draft class - the first group is OK, but the rest become free agents and aren't eligible to be drafted. That will get fixed quickly, we're not leaving historical mode broken like that.

Quote:
scout dont work in historical mode
Not sure what happened here, they were working a while ago, and the free agent target was added specifically for historical. But they're not reporting back when assigned to it, and the NHL and WHA and their teams should be target options, but aren't. We'll see what's gone wrong.

Quote:
now im /$%?&* in historical mode becuase carolina have offering me a job . but i can answer it . so i cant go far .. so test is done at 1998 -.-
What happens when you try to answer it?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:27 PM   #742
djskek
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djskek View Post
Crash Free Agent Center:

If you use filter (makes changes) and then switches between FA signings by team and free agents. (Without filter use is not a crash)
Crash from time to time still available
djskek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:30 PM   #743
Deriken
Minors (Rookie Ball)

1.6.2 Clean Install, start from beginning of season. 1st season went well, couple of minor items

1) team goals against on league screen is totally incorrect
2) Rangers played about 20 or so games and listed as having 0 attendance at home
3) sorting broken on a few minor screens (attendance is one)

Get to 6/30, game rolls over to July 1st, AI decides to waive several of my players, can't remove them from the waiver list (everything set to human control), then they all appear on the Phantoms after I move forward to the 2nd of July

Had salary cap set to 100mm, it reverted to 78mm for some reason. Removed the cap and am now back to the old Salary Floor problem again. Since I can't edit salaries, 2nd season is a bust before I even get to start it.

Overall it's an improvement,, but I have to say I am disappointed that a lot of what should be (in my opinion anyway) easy fixes such as sorting, etc. and ones that have been around for a very long time such as the salary floor problem.

Trading is definitely improved, although the last couple of days before the draft and on draft day, it's not too difficult to trade for teams #1 picks (I had 5 of them including my own 20th and the 1st and 3rd overall picks).

Seems it's going in the right direction at least, but a bit frustrating that I have to start all over again because of an old problem.

I can upload the save game if you want or post screenshots, etc.

Deriken
Old 03-16-2014, 07:09 PM   #744
bob
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
It looks like a late fix we made to correct some issues with WHA rights broke the way rights are assigned to players younger than the first draft class - the first group is OK, but the rest become free agents and aren't eligible to be drafted. That will get fixed quickly, we're not leaving historical mode broken like that.

Not sure what happened here, they were working a while ago, and the free agent target was added specifically for historical. But they're not reporting back when assigned to it, and the NHL and WHA and their teams should be target options, but aren't. We'll see what's gone wrong.

What happens when you try to answer it?
i can answer it .. i got no option i click on it but nothing happen .. and if i delete it they tell me look your mesage .. but i dont have ... i have delete the folder :/ .
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:53 PM   #745
Shanamaj
Bat Boy

Other 1.6.2 bugs (PC)

Can't trade for draft picks from 2014 draft, they don't show in trade selection screen. Same with subsequent season. If it's impossible to deal draft picks for the same season trading is not the same. This occurs both first and second season

In general sorting doesn't stick in any lists after clicking to open player profile, team etc. E.g. in draft list page.

I can't promote players picked on waivers while being sent down to AHL. It doesn't even prompt me about reentry waivers, only resolution is to trade them away or keep them in AHL.

Assistant chooses to dress only 19 players even when available players are in the roster.

AI managers severely underestimates the value of their draft picks. They send high draft picks for rights to mediocre players, especially around drafting deadlines.
Shanamaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:28 PM   #746
Shanamaj
Bat Boy

Game crash when pressing game report

Game crashed when after pressing "stats" after end of game in match view, and then pressing report thereafter. Happen when trying it a second time too.
Shanamaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:01 PM   #747
djskek
Minors (Single A)

Deutsche Eishockey Liga:

The minor option don't work. (with new signings and contract extensions.)

Minor option button can not activate it (contract negotiation). 2 Way contract can offer you, still you can not send this player to partner club or youth club. (Game say, Player has no Minor option)

(Game say, Player has no Minor option, If I want to move him to another team )

minor option button can't activate (whether contract renewal or new signings)

Last edited by djskek; 03-17-2014 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:34 PM   #748
lortmane
Bat Boy

Same as previous version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modolinus View Post
Update 1.6.2

After I finish a game in the playoffs and trying to access the report menu the game crashes. It's only in the playoffs to.
I had this problem too but I have had it since last version so not a patch problem I think
lortmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:41 PM   #749
lortmane
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
I've been trying to replicate this, but when I change line and tactics settings, both before and during games, my changes always seem to save. Can you give me a little more information about when you're seeing this - league, team, and team control settings? And you didn't happen to hire a head coach for your team, did you?
I may hav ethe answer for this, I got the same problem when I hired a head coach (now that we can) but as soon as I fired him the problem went away, check if you can save when you are in commish mose that is how I figured it out.
lortmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:24 PM   #750
asilvermtzion
Minors (Double A)

every time that darnell nurse is on my nhl roster and i let the assistant control the lineup, he takes up 2 spots in the line up... hes good, but not that good.
asilvermtzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:35 PM   #751
djskek
Minors (Single A)

player retired crash bug

Wolf retired 1 st August

15 st Sep , still in the lineup

If you do not delete him from the lineup and go to the game, then the game crashes.

Last edited by djskek; 03-20-2014 at 07:57 AM.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:32 PM   #752
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

At a certain point in the first year of my fictional game I saw a large amount of messages with the tagline #ERROR: Category Not Found. I also received what I believe are trade offers with the same tagline. The first couple, I was able to respond to the messages and decline the trades, but I now have one where, when I click on respond to message, nothing comes up, so I can no longer advance the game. I did edit one player's pass/shot tendency during the season, so could that be the problem or is this a bug?
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:03 PM   #753
dstone51
Minors (Rookie Ball)

1st game of the playoffs playing as Acadie-Bathurst Titan (QMJHL), simming the game with the match view, soon as I go to view the report at the end of the 1st period, game crashes. Tried multiple times, happens every time. Never happened once previous to the playoffs.

Edit: Sim ahead to playoff game 2 without viewing game 1. The report showed up fine when I viewed it the next day. Decide to try and use the match view again, avoid checking the report after the 1st. Player gets a 10-minute misconduct in the 2nd I'm guessing because my lines are switched and a player is missing though no one is injured. Lineup screen comes up fine, try to switch over to the report sheet and again crashes immediately.

Edit #2: Quebec just axed their GM after the 4th game of the QMJHL finals. Their series is tied 2-2. Might need to tone down the choppings a bit as this roughly the 10th GM to be fired in the QMJHL since I took the job with Acadie-Bathurst in early January.

Last edited by dstone51; 03-18-2014 at 01:43 AM.
dstone51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:48 PM   #754
pumppe
Bat Boy

Can't see NHL Season Preview any more in manager home or manager news, only in NHL home screen now.
Was readable also in news in last patch.

Last edited by pumppe; 03-18-2014 at 02:52 PM.
pumppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:10 PM   #755
redtiger7
All Star Starter

IN historical mode there's no available staff to hire and when you try tro assign a job to a scout, the regions/leagues menus are blank.
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:51 PM   #756
wizardofoz30
Bat Boy

Playing my second season with the Red Wings (started a new game after installing the patch) and I'm getting RFA's with <1 years worth of NHL experience and not great stats (e.g 80gp 30p) demanding contracts of $6m and 5 year term.

It happened at the end of my first season (Tomas Tatar - who has now signed a 2 year deal with a KHL club for salary of $1.25m!!!! and a no termination clause so I can't get him back) and now my restricted free agents for the upcoming season are doing the same. I have Tomas Jurco and Calle Jarnkrök (Jurco hasn't played an NHL game yet, Jarnkrök played 11 in my first season) and both are demanding $6m+ and 5 years +.

I haven't tried negotiating with either yet, but Gus Nyqvist is the same (RFA, 1 year NHL experience, demanding $6m+ and long term) and i've tried giving him a nice structured 6 year deal with increasing salaries eventually equalling and going over what he's asking for. He refused everything and now is refusing to negotiate (this happened with Tatar last season, and I was never able to negotiate again).

I fear that now I will lose all of my RFAs, defeating the purpose of home grown talent.
wizardofoz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:09 PM   #757
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardofoz30 View Post
(Tomas Tatar - who has now signed a 2 year deal with a KHL club for salary of $1.25m!!!! and a no termination clause so I can't get him back)
Just a note - you can't sign KHL players if they are contracted to a KHL team. Realistic or not, IRL it works like that. I understand that it might not be rended very well in the game, but have a read here: KHL, NHL reach new Memorandum of Understanding | ProHockeyTalk
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:34 PM   #758
alslammerz
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
Just a note - you can't sign KHL players if they are contracted to a KHL team. Realistic or not, IRL it works like that. I understand that it might not be rended very well in the game, but have a read here: KHL, NHL reach new Memorandum of Understanding | ProHockeyTalk
I think the larger point there might be about why Tatar, an RFA, wants an unrealistic 5-6 million long term contract to play in the NHL, but will sign for 2 years and a 1 million/season salary to play in the KHL.
alslammerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:41 AM   #759
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alslammerz View Post
I think the larger point there might be about why Tatar, an RFA, wants an unrealistic 5-6 million long term contract to play in the NHL, but will sign for 2 years and a 1 million/season salary to play in the KHL.
Yeah, I think so too, but I just puntualized that aspect.
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:47 AM   #760
howeandhowe
Minors (Rookie Ball)

.csv file location

Hi,

I'm using the Mac version of the game and recently installed the latest version 1.6.2. It dumped all the cvs files in my Applications folder. Can I move these to another location or should I do something else (reinstall?)?

thanks.
howeandhowe is offline   Reply With Quote