Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 11-02-2019, 12:14 PM   #1
adamj
Minors (Double A)

How does the AI interpret different ratings scales.

Not sure if the title is clear enough - what I'm asking is this:

If I set the visible ratings scale to something low definition such as 1-5 or 2-8, does the AI also use that scale? Or does the AI still use the more precise ratings scale?

Thoughts?
adamj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 02:19 PM   #2
adamj
Minors (Double A)

With some experimentation, I think I was able to answer this question. I simmed out to the middle of the season with the scale at 1-5. I then switched it to 1-100 and clicked the button on the League Settings page to "Run Computer Manager on All Teams."

Looking at the league transaction report, not a single AI team made any roster moves after the ratings scale was switched.. So it appears the AI was using the more precise scale all along, and the lower definition scales are just to add fog of war for the human player.
Old 11-02-2019, 02:27 PM   #3
CBeisbol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj View Post
With some experimentation, I think I was able to answer this question. I simmed out to the middle of the season with the scale at 1-5. I then switched it to 1-100 and clicked the button on the League Settings page to "Run Computer Manager on All Teams."

Looking at the league transaction report, not a single AI team made any roster moves after the ratings scale was switched.. So it appears the AI was using the more precise scale all along, and the lower definition scales are just to add fog of war for the human player.
I don't see how you've come to that conclusion through that method

I think that you'd have to do is find a trade using a "low-def" scale that the AI would agree to but that it wouldn't agree to with a "high-def" scale (or vice versa).

That'd show that the AI was valuing players differently based on the scale.
CBeisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 02:46 PM   #4
adamj
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
I don't see how you've come to that conclusion through that method

I think that you'd have to do is find a trade using a "low-def" scale that the AI would agree to but that it wouldn't agree to with a "high-def" scale (or vice versa).

That'd show that the AI was valuing players differently based on the scale.
My thought process was to have the AI initially run with the setting at 1-5. Then switch to the more precise scale, and see if that caused them to make any changes (promotions/demotions) within their own organization. None of them did, so I'm thinking that they were already using more precise information.

But you are right that trying trades on the different scales would also be a good data point. I'll give that a shot.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:03 PM   #5
CBeisbol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj View Post
My thought process was to have the AI initially run with the setting at 1-5. Then switch to the more precise scale, and see if that caused them to make any changes (promotions/demotions) within their own organization. None of them did, so I'm thinking that they were already using more precise information.
Ahh
That does make sense

My supposition is that the rating scale doesn't matter at all.
CBeisbol is offline   Reply With Quote