Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-04-2019, 04:02 PM   #1
panda234
Minors (Triple A)

"recalculating stats"

I'm not sure if that's what it is called but I've heard it mentioned before. I'm 20 years into a league and I'm wondering my stats could be out of wack. There is something you can do to "recalculate" against a baseline or something? What is that and when should you do it?
panda234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 04:11 PM   #2
dbl4868
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda234 View Post
I'm not sure if that's what it is called but I've heard it mentioned before. I'm 20 years into a league and I'm wondering my stats could be out of wack. There is something you can do to "recalculate" against a baseline or something? What is that and when should you do it?
What do you mean by your stats being out of wack?
dbl4868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 04:22 PM   #3
panda234
Minors (Triple A)

I don't know if they are. I understood that when you get a number of seasons into a game they should be "readjusted" to a baseline. Not sure of the right wording and maybe I have it all wrong.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:04 AM   #4
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
autocalc is the option you are looking for. Can't remember which league setting menu it's under but it is on the screen with league total modifiers.

Available during spring training and can be done until opening day but, must be done before any games on opening day are played. Once a game is played the option goes away.

I do it on opening day as the rosters are set to 25 man.

To your situation yes, stats may drift a bit over time but it doesn't mean they are out of line. You should be comparing your actual league totals to your expected league totals you have set on the same screen you run autocalc.
Some drift is cool and mimics real life, no need to change IMHO. Dramatic movement IE 80 HR seasons, or leagues that score way too many or too few runs etc. are ones I would autocalc.

You are also free to autocalc every year and this will keep your stat output stable. It really is all up to you and what kind of stats you want your league to generate.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:12 AM   #5
redranger
All Star Reserve

It is definitely all preference. I typically set my initial numbers I want for a league and let it go 3 years. I’ll then take the three year totals from my sim league, average those and readjust my numbers and auto calc going into the “fourth” year based on those

I don’t have an extremely long standing league to see trends etc.... but it has seemed to work really well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 01:13 PM   #6
panda234
Minors (Triple A)

Thx for the info-- it is auto calc I was thinking about.

I'm almost 20 years into the current game and no problems and good to know that it's not urgent that I do anything right now.