Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-31-2019, 08:12 PM   #1
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Markus - I asked for a cloning/deleting to be disabled in 2011 - Remember?

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...81&postcount=6

Can I have this feature now? I bought OOT20 (and 19 and 18 and ....) to both play and to say Thank You for making it! We go back to OOTP4....

I play in commissioner mode - I need cloning and deleting grayedout/disabled - please???
Old 03-31-2019, 10:50 PM   #2
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

"Don't let me accidentally clone a player or delete a player."

A second step asking "are you sure you want to delete this player" would be nice for sure... I have deleted some players by error sometimes through the years I have played the game.

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)
AESP_pres is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 11:00 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i think he's more worried about cheating or something? multi-player league only concern, but a good one at that for sure.

i'm sure other things are not available due to online league setup too, eh? fits the profile. can't trust upto 30+ people to act decently, lol. that's insane. (insane that it is true too)
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 11:58 PM   #4
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
i think he's more worried about cheating or something? multi-player league only concern, but a good one at that for sure.

i'm sure other things are not available due to online league setup too, eh? fits the profile. can't trust upto 30+ people to act decently, lol. that's insane. (insane that it is true too)
In online leagues If you don't have commissioner access you don't have access to deleting players or cloning players. There are no additional things "grayed out" in online leagues, it is commissioner or not.

Well there is one exception, in online leagues you cannot set the AI to sign International Amateur Free Agents.

Not sure why the OP wants those options unavailable.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 04:33 AM   #5
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
Well there is one exception, in online leagues you cannot set the AI to sign International Amateur Free Agents.
Why do you think that was done?
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 08:52 AM   #6
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

i also think this would be really useful. although i never leave commish mode on for my serious leagues, it would be nice to have a confirmation window safety net for when i do have it on

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 09:07 AM   #7
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

I really hope not, unless it's optional.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 11:43 AM   #8
Reed
All Star Starter

I delete players sometimes so leave that feature in there!
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 03:50 PM   #9
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
I really hope not, unless it's optional.

agreed. leave it in, as it's a tool i use from time to time.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 05:01 PM   #10
BMW
Hall Of Famer

Actually, I have to say - I admin one online league, and when I do stuff I'm scared to death that I'm going to accidentally populate all the minors with fictional players (when auto-ing my minors), clone players (when releasing them), etc.

Considering how often I misclick on dropdowns, I'm stunned that I haven't done this multiple times. It would be nice to have the ability to turn this mode of administration off, like a safety. So you only turn it on when you truly need it.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:04 PM   #11
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
I know exactly why it was done. Online leagues sim multiple days, as many as 7-10 or more. What we were seeing was the International Amateur Free Agent pool being announced in the middle of a sim. With the way the these international players sign quickly what would happen is that an online GM could delegate the signing of these FAs to the AI and the AI would offer contracts and sign these players before the human GMs ever even saw who was available. Even if you had the international pool announced on the last day of the sim the AI would still put in offers and then the player would sign the next day.

So either they had to change how these players negotiated (a pain for them) or they just don't allow you to delegate this task to the AI in online leagues.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 07:18 PM   #12
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by david limbaugh View Post
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...81&postcount=6

Can I have this feature now? I bought OOT20 (and 19 and 18 and ....) to both play and to say Thank You for making it! We go back to OOTP4....

I play in commissioner mode - I need cloning and deleting grayedout/disabled - please???
ain't we all asked for multiple things that never came to pass? and i guess if they haven't happened thus far, it ain't happening .... dang it.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:58 PM   #13
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post

Not sure why the OP wants those options unavailable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
This was Likely done because in an online league the Signing Start Date may fall mid-sim and if a team has the AI set up to sign guys, they may sign before any GM actually has a chance to even see who they are.
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:37 PM   #14
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
ain't we all asked for multiple things that never came to pass? and i guess if they haven't happened thus far, it ain't happening .... dang it.
i keep asking for a million dollars and everyone just looks at me weirdly. i just don't get it.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:01 PM   #15
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
i keep asking for a million dollars and everyone just looks at me weirdly. i just don't get it.
LOL!

If I could just get a .cfg edit that would work?

#DisableCloning
#DisableDeleting

????