Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 04-03-2019, 09:52 AM   #21
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Post 10 updated... I've made some nice progress this last few days
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 02:55 PM   #22
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbandits View Post
new york yankees - done - missing yoendrys gomez, alex mejias, oswald peraza
Oswald Peraza: peraza002osw.fg
Yoendrys Gomez: gomez-000yoe.fg
Yankees Top 30 Prospects (in-game list) - Juan Then, Luis Angel Medina, Brandon Lockridge, Kyle Gray, Josh Breaux, Antonio Gomez (Has no minors ID), Roansy Contreras, Frank German, Luis Gil, and Deivi Diaz

Alex Mejias appears to be a ghost. Also doesn't help that there was another prospect named Alex Mejia, who I keep getting instead.

Last edited by FancySkunk; 04-04-2019 at 03:06 PM.
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 03:30 PM   #23
qcbandits
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancySkunk View Post
Oswald Peraza: Attachment 617738
Yoendrys Gomez: Attachment 617739
Yankees Top 30 Prospects (in-game list) - Juan Then, Luis Angel Medina, Brandon Lockridge, Kyle Gray, Josh Breaux, Antonio Gomez (Has no minors ID), Roansy Contreras, Frank German, Luis Gil, and Deivi Diaz

Alex Mejias appears to be a ghost. Also doesn't help that there was another prospect named Alex Mejia, who I keep getting instead.

Greatly Appreciated...
Old 04-04-2019, 03:39 PM   #24
qcbandits
Banned

Quote:
I've noticed that none of these facegen files work on Perfect Team. I suspect that it's something under the hood where Perfect Team specifically looks for First_Last file names and ignores this naming convention. It would be some work, but I *might* be able to use the card database to create a separate set of duplicate files with that naming convention as a separate download to go alongside this fantastic mod you've compiled here.

Notable Players missing facegens:
Hall of Famers: Hank Aaron, Eddie Collins, Joe Cronin, Charley Radbourn, Frank Thomas, Joe Torre
Players appearing on leaderboards: Dutch Leonard, John Coleman, Jesse Orosco, Mike Marshall

Additionally, if you're interested, I have done some facegens over the last couple days, so they would not have been previously available anywhere. I mostly focused on updating a few guys that had particularly off or outdated facegens in the base game (mainly Yankees because that's where I was looking), as well as a few historical guys that I noticed looked off in the steam mod. I've also already done them with the naming convention you used:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=11Y...r6_lmgoFbHl5Y4

Included Players:
Historical: Jim Abbott (missing from your download), Bob Boone, Mike Harkey (darkened skin from included facegen), Don Mattingly (Younger with moustache), Larry Walker, and Bernie Williams

Modern:
Matt Adams, Miguel Andujar, Dellin Betances, Zack Britton, Gerritt Cole, Brett Gardner, Vladimir Geurrero Jr., Bryce Harper, Aaron Judge, Andrew Miller, Jordan Montgomery, Adam Ottavino, James Paxton, Ben Taylor (done entirely because he grew a stupid moustache for picture day), and Luke Voit

I'm also planning to talk directly to Andreas about this when I discuss the staff renaming with him
Old 04-04-2019, 04:03 PM   #25
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Decided to give the Mets a look as well. Much less fruitful unfortunately, but managed to get another 4 players off their in-game top 30 list facegen'd: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ot...e_ZtDUToP_E0XQ

I'll slowly keep taking a look through teams so see what I can do.

Also if you're at all interested, I have my general facegen folders available on my Google Drive. The vast majority of these are players that you have already, but I feel like I've been able to do some upgrades. I've been trying to find and replace players whose facegens are based around a smiling picture rather than the neutral expression. This helps eliminate the "lip teeth" that a lot of guys wind up with. There's about 150 or so besides the prospects I've already provided:

Quote:
I'm also planning to talk directly to Andreas about this when I discuss the staff renaming with him
I suspect that the issue is that there's just nowhere in the database for a players' historic ID to be listed. Based on what I've seen there's an internal card ID, but nothing tied back to the player beyond their name. If they have a way to get the minors ID tied in, they would also need to have perfect team look for that ID first. As it stands right now, every time the game updates, it overrides all of my new facegens for current players that use the First_Last naming convention.

Last edited by FancySkunk; 04-04-2019 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:11 PM   #26
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Nationals In-Game Top 30 Prospects: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vz...W1-foH3xnS9c5u

After a little more poking, I think I'm going to hold off on making prospect facegens until closer to the start of the minor league season in the hopes that we start seeing official photos of some of these lower league players. Some of what I've made today on the prospect front is pretty rough because they're coming off of random pictures I'm scrounging up on Twitter and such. It might also behoove me to wait until after your scheduled update so I don't wind up doing redundant work. I'm definitely willing to help put in the work on getting facegens done where needed though.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:13 PM   #27
qcbandits
Banned

I'll have an updated checklist by the weekend. Jwisemberg is gonna help with that
Old 04-05-2019, 06:52 AM   #28
qcbandits
Banned

Quote:
Nationals In-Game Top 30 Prospects: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vz...W1-foH3xnS9c5u

After a little more poking, I think I'm going to hold off on making prospect facegens until closer to the start of the minor league season in the hopes that we start seeing official photos of some of these lower league players. Some of what I've made today on the prospect front is pretty rough because they're coming off of random pictures I'm scrounging up on Twitter and such. It might also behoove me to wait until after your scheduled update so I don't wind up doing redundant work. I'm definitely willing to help put in the work on getting facegens done where needed though.

Just woke up and was thinking about this project...
I know pathetic lol but it's my life.

If you wanted to keep working on things right now while I'm getting the checklist... I could zip up the saved game that I'm working off of and You could begin working through one of the rookie complex leagues? AZL or GCL?
Old 04-05-2019, 12:38 PM   #29
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
If you wanted to keep working on things right now while I'm getting the checklist... I could zip up the saved game that I'm working off of and You could begin working through one of the rookie complex leagues? AZL or GCL?
Sounds good to me.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:50 PM   #30
qcbandits
Banned

I'd like to officially welcome FancySkunk to the team on this project!

I'd love to get any other FG creators involved as well as there is plenty to go around to get this project to completion
Old 04-07-2019, 06:32 AM   #31
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Great job! Thanks a lot!
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 08:20 PM   #32
Tnarg72
OOTP Roster Team

hey qc, catching up on this thread.
Has the checklist been started yet?
I created one already when I did the renaming for you if you needed it.
Tnarg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 04:39 AM   #33
qcbandits
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnarg72 View Post
hey qc, catching up on this thread.
Has the checklist been started yet?
I created one already when I did the renaming for you if you needed it.
Yup Jwisenburg made one
Old 04-09-2019, 02:59 AM   #34
qcbandits
Banned

big update as we speed towards the next release, late Thursday night!
Crazy to think its been that close to two weeks since OD already
but I digress...

Thanks to the great checklist provided by Jwisenberg and the invaluable help of FancySkunk,

we will have only 114 players all the way down through the Appy and Pioneer leagues without FGs

Current Breakdown is as follows for missing FGs

MLB 0
AAA 0
AA 0
A+ 3
A 14
A- 60
Rookie 37
Mexican 144
Independent 603 (this is actually inaccurate now, but too many still to count)
Rookie (AZL and GCL) 889
DSL 1918 (again a few less here as well)
Other Foreign 4069
and
Free Agent/Retired 20547
Old 04-09-2019, 11:46 AM   #35
Dezi_36
Bat Boy

I downloaded at installed last night, pretty cool...question though because I'm very new to OOTP. What am I getting with this mod that I don't get when just having the game generate faces for me?
Dezi_36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 12:20 PM   #36
qcbandits
Banned

Dezi
If you don't use this or another facegens mod, you will have accurate facegens for a couple thousand players, mostly those on the MLB 40 man rosters. With this mod, the number of accurate facegens number over 31000
Old 04-09-2019, 12:32 PM   #37
Dezi_36
Bat Boy

Quote:
Dezi
If you don't use this or another facegens mod, you will have accurate facegens for a couple thousand players, mostly those on the MLB 40 man rosters. With this mod, the number of accurate facegens number over 31000
Gotcha. I assumed it was that considering the number of files...then was curious about comparing a facegen from the mod to the "canned" facegen, but don't know how I could do that.
Dezi_36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:15 PM   #38
tklem321
Minors (Triple A)

Forgive my ignorance, but this mod is currently only for 2019 teams, correct? Will all the historical players be added later or is that going to remain a separate mod?
tklem321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:20 PM   #39
qcbandits
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tklem321 View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but this mod is currently only for 2019 teams, correct? Will all the historical players be added later or is that going to remain a separate mod?

We're working off the database that is used by the current MLB roster QS. It has a lot of retired players in it. But as we fill in the missing facegens, the historical players are not as highly prioritized. So there will be more missing players when used historically than if used with a current day roster.

That said, the plan is to include as many of the historical facegens as possible. This is by no means a completed mod. Hell, honestly I don't know if it will be finished during this release cycle. But i am dedicated to seeing it become as finished as possible in time. My team and I will be releasing a new version every two weeks until that time comes. (Next release will be late Thurs night.)
Old 04-11-2019, 11:18 PM   #40
qcbandits
Banned

I need to apologize to everyone... Tonight's release is going to be tomorrow's release. I'm having some major computer issues and am slowly moving through a hard drive backup so I can restore my computer