Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 03-28-2019, 09:35 PM   #1
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Complete OOTP Universe FaceGen Pack

Yes, this is a work in progress and Yes, it's an ambitious project

What it will be....
I will shoot for having every player in the game, regardless of league have a FG if it's even possible to find a picture to use

What it is now...
It's just over 30,000 unique FGs covering MLB, MiLB, Indys foreign Leagues, and MLB Draft hopefuls.

Why does it look weird?
I have gotten away from the current naming of Joe_smith wherever possible to get away from having to use middle names and initials.
I've instead used the players BBRef ID number which is used in the game as Historical Minor league ID

Exceptions are players that have yet to appear in a game in the minors, mostly draft hopefuls, some of the foreign and indy guys.

Then there's the Staff FGs
Quote:
I've began looking for FGs of all the coaches, for now they will still be in the old naming conversion but Andreas has told me that after a couple patches we can work on getting the game to search for them by their Historical Lahman IDs which will cover every coach that has appeared in the major leagues. I'm hoping to get him to add BBRef IDs to coaches as well. That way there will be no issues with coaches not having unique names. These coaches may not be in the first few releases only because I wanna build them out first in a separate folder so I will have them handy when I work on them with Andreas

Credit for this project goes to Jwisenberg
He's the one that showed me the usefulness of switching everything over to BBRef ID numbers

Tnarq... with whom this project would have been so much slower... thanks buddy for the help with Batch naming

and of course to everyone who's taken the time to make FG files and shared them here on the board

and to Markus and Andreas for creating this great game
and Lucas for bringing me into the beta team which allowed me more time to get as much done as I did prior to today....

In case you have questions and don't read the Readme
Here it is as well

This mod is best used as a total replacement for the current FG_Files folder

Pc version

1. Go to your documents folder
2. Open the OOTP Developments folder
3. Open the OOTP20 folder
4. Find the Fg Folder
5. Make a copy called Fg2
6. Delete existing Fg folder
7. Copy downloaded modded Fg folder into the OOTP20 folder
8. Load game

For the Mac.
1. Open the Finder
2. Hold down the "alt/ option" button and click on "Go" at top menu
3. Select "Library"
4. Open folder called "Application Support"
5. Open folder called "Out of the Park Developments"
6. Open the OOTP20 folder
7. Find the Fg_Files Folder
8. Make a copy called Fg2
9. Delete existing Fg_Files folder
10. Copy downloaded modded Fg folder into the OOTP20 folder
11. Load game

Ignore the above instructions, the Guys at OOTP Dev and I are on the same naming conversion so installing is much easier now
Just download
Unzip
Leave that folder open
in New folder, open your OOTP21 folder
navigate to the FG folder and open it

then copy and paste from the mod folder to the FG folder.
When asked if you want to overwrite, click Yes because FancySkunk has improved a lot of the base Facegens

New games will automatically load correctly
Prior games will need to use the update FaceGen option

Enjoy

Now, what you are really wanting.... the link
https://www.mediafire.com/file/j5rza...files.zip/file

What's next...
I will continue to create more FGs for the players that are missing them and I still have approximately 5k more FGs to see if they are in need of renaming.Because when I began collecting FGs up until this year, there's been a lot of duplicate naming of FGs

Next release

April 11th. and every two weeks after that.

Thanks and enjoy!

If you come across a player that doesn't have a FG while playing, and it's someone you want a FG for, be it because he's killing it for your team or you personally know him.... whatever the reason... Find me a pic and I'll do it prior to the next release

This should also work with historical play since most of them have BBRef numbers as well

Last edited by qcbandits; 03-19-2020 at 04:33 AM.
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 12:53 AM   #2
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Did the naming convention change?

For example in the past I was used to seeing:

Aaron_Judge.fg

and in this pack it looks like this:

judge-001aar.fg

Curious about the differences. Will these auto load if I drop them all in/replace the FG file.

In the mean time thanks for compiling this!
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 01:46 AM   #3
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Downloaded. Fantastic stuff, man. Just when you think the game can't get any more customized...someone does something really cool in the mods subforum. lol
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 02:51 AM   #4
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

I've noticed that none of these facegen files work on Perfect Team. I suspect that it's something under the hood where Perfect Team specifically looks for First_Last file names and ignores this naming convention. It would be some work, but I *might* be able to use the card database to create a separate set of duplicate files with that naming convention as a separate download to go alongside this fantastic mod you've compiled here.

Notable Players missing facegens:
Hall of Famers: Hank Aaron, Eddie Collins, Joe Cronin, Charley Radbourn, Frank Thomas, Joe Torre
Players appearing on leaderboards: Dutch Leonard, John Coleman, Jesse Orosco, Mike Marshall

Additionally, if you're interested, I have done some facegens over the last couple days, so they would not have been previously available anywhere. I mostly focused on updating a few guys that had particularly off or outdated facegens in the base game (mainly Yankees because that's where I was looking), as well as a few historical guys that I noticed looked off in the steam mod. I've also already done them with the naming convention you used:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=11Y...r6_lmgoFbHl5Y4

Included Players:
Historical: Jim Abbott (missing from your download), Bob Boone, Mike Harkey (darkened skin from included facegen), Don Mattingly (Younger with moustache), Larry Walker, and Bernie Williams

Modern:
Matt Adams, Miguel Andujar, Dellin Betances, Zack Britton, Gerritt Cole, Brett Gardner, Vladimir Geurrero Jr., Bryce Harper, Aaron Judge, Andrew Miller, Jordan Montgomery, Adam Ottavino, James Paxton, Ben Taylor (done entirely because he grew a stupid moustache for picture day), and Luke Voit

Last edited by FancySkunk; 03-29-2019 at 03:28 AM.
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 03:48 AM   #5
qcbandits
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
Did the naming convention change?

For example in the past I was used to seeing:

Aaron_Judge.fg

and in this pack it looks like this:

judge-001aar.fg

Curious about the differences. Will these auto load if I drop them all in/replace the FG file.

In the mean time thanks for compiling this!
The game recognizes both naming styles. The reasoning behind the change came about last summer. Jwisenberg started it. Using this naming convention allows FGs to still load if player were to change his name.

I'll use Daniel Poncedeleon as an example since I'm a Cardinals fan. Using the old way he'd be Daniel_Poncedeleon but now he's going by the original family spelling of Daniel Ponce de Leon so if the roster team updates his name, his FG quits working. But using this naming convention it will still work because his BBRef ID will never change.

Another Cardinals example... Jose Alberto Martinez can now just be Jose Martinez and regardless of how many Jose Martinez's there are in the history of baseball... He will still have his facegen come up correctly.

And yes they will load right up when dropped in. I'd suggest removing the FGs thst come with the game tho just to control the size of the folder
Old 03-29-2019, 03:53 AM   #6
qcbandits
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancySkunk View Post
I've noticed that none of these facegen files work on Perfect Team. I suspect that it's something under the hood where Perfect Team specifically looks for First_Last file names and ignores this naming convention. It would be some work, but I *might* be able to use the card database to create a separate set of duplicate files with that naming convention as a separate download to go alongside this fantastic mod you've compiled here.

Notable Players missing facegens:
Hall of Famers: Hank Aaron, Eddie Collins, Joe Cronin, Charley Radbourn, Frank Thomas, Joe Torre
Players appearing on leaderboards: Dutch Leonard, John Coleman, Jesse Orosco, Mike Marshall

Additionally, if you're interested, I have done some facegens over the last couple days, so they would not have been previously available anywhere. I mostly focused on updating a few guys that had particularly off or outdated facegens in the base game (mainly Yankees because that's where I was looking), as well as a few historical guys that I noticed looked off in the steam mod. I've also already done them with the naming convention you used:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=11Y...r6_lmgoFbHl5Y4

Included Players:
Historical: Jim Abbott (missing from your download), Bob Boone, Mike Harkey (darkened skin from included facegen), Don Mattingly (Younger with moustache), Larry Walker, and Bernie Williams

Modern:
Matt Adams, Miguel Andujar, Dellin Betances, Zack Britton, Gerritt Cole, Brett Gardner, Vladimir Geurrero Jr., Bryce Harper, Aaron Judge, Andrew Miller, Jordan Montgomery, Adam Ottavino, James Paxton, Ben Taylor (done entirely because he grew a stupid moustache for picture day), and Luke Voit
I honestly didn't check this with Perfect team as I really don't play Perfect team. I've barely played it and it's giving me all kinds of fits and not working correctly.

As I mentioned this is a work in progress so, especially on the historical side of things there will be a lot of important guys thst still might be missing. I've got over 5 thousand FG files from the original 60k that I started with thst didn't Batch convert nicely and thst I'll have to look at individually to see if they are missing or just duplicates. I'll be splitting my focus during the two weeks between releases on thst and adding new current day FGs to the file
Old 03-29-2019, 04:18 AM   #7
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbandits View Post
I honestly didn't check this with Perfect team as I really don't play Perfect team. I've barely played it and it's giving me all kinds of fits and not working correctly.
I'm trying to get a response over on the Perfect Team boards to see if there's some way to force compatibility with the naming convention you used. Otherwise, like I said, I'll look into biting the bullet and making a companion download for perfect team compatibility. There's only a bit over 3000 cards, and that includes both duplicate players, and a bunch of lower end guys that I might not include because they don't get used.
Old 03-29-2019, 05:54 AM   #8
qcbandits
Banned

Quote:
I'm trying to get a response over on the Perfect Team boards to see if there's some way to force compatibility with the naming convention you used. Otherwise, like I said, I'll look into biting the bullet and making a companion download for perfect team compatibility. There's only a bit over 3000 cards, and that includes both duplicate players, and a bunch of lower end guys that I might not include because they don't get used.

Once you get an answer, let me know because I still have the FGs from prior to the renaming... So, i could probably throw together whatever FGs are needed in a few hours
Old 03-29-2019, 07:21 AM   #9
low
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for putting this together.
low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 08:59 AM   #10
qcbandits
Banned

Going Forward this post will be used to keep track of what's done and what's missing

MLB OD Rosters - Done
MLB OD DL - Done
MLB OD DFAs - Done
Minor Leagues down to the Rookie Leagues (AZL GCL and DSL not included) - Done
Atlantic League - Done
American Association - Done

Team Top 30 Prospects
Arizona Missing Alvin Guzman
Atlanta Complete
Baltimore Complete
Boston Missing Gilberto Jimenez
White Sox Complete
Cubs Complete
Reds - Complete
Indians Missing Micael Ramirez Gabriel Enrique Rodriguez Carlos Miguel Vargas
Colorado Rockies Julio Carreras
Detroit Tigers Complete
Houston Astros Complete
Kansas City Royals Complete
Los Angeles Angels Missing Stiward Aquino
Los angeles Dodgers Missing Marco Jesus Hernandez Hugo Beltran Martin Santana
Miami Marlins Missing Brhayan Campos
Milwaukee Brewers Missing Carlos David Rodriguez Eduarqui Fernandez Daniel Castillo

more to come later

Side effects of moving some FGs I'd forgotten to use
Atlantic League
Done
High Point Rockers
Lancaster Barnstormers
Long Island Ducks
New Britain Bees
Somerset Patriots
Southern Maryland Blue Crabs
Sugar Land Skeeters
York Revolution

American Association
Done

More to come here as well

MLB Organizations
(For now, I am not worrying about the Gulf Coast League, Arizona League or the Dominican Summer League)
Arizona Diamondbacks - Done - None Missing
Atlanta Braves - Done Missing Nestor Bermudez, Jose Daniel Moreno, Geraldo Quintero, Jonaijer Izaguirre
Baltimore Orioles - Done - Missing Felix Bautista
Boston Red Sox - Done - Missing Yasel Santana
Chicago White sox - Done - None Missing
Chicago Cubs - Done - Missing Emilio Ferrebus, Pablo Ochoa
Cincinnati Reds - Done - Missing Oswaldo Jose Castillo, Marwin Ramirez, Many Reyes, Aiverson Palacios, Allan Cerda
Cleveland Indians - Done - None Missing
Colorado Rockies - Done - Missing Luis Amoroso, Eliecer Guevara, Raul Lopez, Jose Gabriel Marcano, Kleiver Osorio, Manuel Tovar, Reiner Abello, Jesus Baptista
Detroit Tigers Done - None Missing
Houston Astros - Done - Missing Edinson Batista, Antonio Placencia, Misael Tamarez
Kansas City Royals - Done - Missing Chih-ting Wang, Heribert Garcia, Rito Lugo, Oscar Valenzuela, maikel Garcia, Guillermo Quintana, Nicolas Febres, Frank Herrera,
Los Angeles Angels - Done - Missing Jose Verrier
Los Angeles Dodgers - Done - Missing Leonel Valera, Jaime Perez
Miami Marlins - Done - None Missing
Milwaukee Brewers - Done - Missing Felix Valerio, Edwin Sano, Carlos David Rodriguez
Minnesota Twins - Done - None Missing
New York Yankees - Done - Missing Alex Mejias
New York Mets - Done - Missing Anderson Bohorquez, Jefferson Escorcha, nixon Silva, Carlos Castellanos, Jhon Franco, Williams Valencia, Fidel Almario, Carlos Dominguez, Jhoander Saez, Moises Gonzalez
Oakland Athletics - Done - None Missing
Philadelphia Phillies - Done - None Missing
Pittsburgh Pirates - Done - None Missing
San Diego Padres - Done - None Missing
San Francisco Giants - Done - missing Deiyerbert Bolivar
Seattle Mariners - Done - Missing Saul Cuenca, Edwin Quezada, Jorge Benitez
St Louis Cardinals - Done - None Missing
Tampa Bay Rays - Done - missing Cristofer Ogando, Orlando Barrios, Yosmer Curbata, Jesus Manuel Hernandez, Roybell Santodomingo, Amador Arias, Daiwer Castellanos, Roimer Bolivar
Texas Rangers - Done - None missing
Toronto Blue Jays - Done - None missing
Washington nationals - Done - missing Fausto Segura

To-be Continued

Last edited by qcbandits; 04-07-2019 at 07:22 PM.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:06 AM   #11
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The game recognizes both naming styles. The reasoning behind the change came about last summer. Jwisenberg started it. Using this naming convention allows FGs to still load if player were to change his name.

I'll use Daniel Poncedeleon as an example since I'm a Cardinals fan. Using the old way he'd be Daniel_Poncedeleon but now he's going by the original family spelling of Daniel Ponce de Leon so if the roster team updates his name, his FG quits working. But using this naming convention it will still work because his BBRef ID will never change.

Another Cardinals example... Jose Alberto Martinez can now just be Jose Martinez and regardless of how many Jose Martinez's there are in the history of baseball... He will still have his facegen come up correctly.

And yes they will load right up when dropped in. I'd suggest removing the FGs thst come with the game tho just to control the size of the folder
Thanks for the response! Worked like a charm thanks again for doing this
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 11:33 AM   #12
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

So it looks like whenever the game updates, we'll get the default facegens re-installed. The Steam version is also force re-installing those files even after I remove them.

On the bright side, it looks like the game prefers the Minors ID when looking for pictures within the game, so it's just a matter of having some bloat. Additionally, this means that all live series players will have at least their default facegens for Perfect Team.
Old 03-29-2019, 12:11 PM   #13
qcbandits
Banned

Quote:
So it looks like whenever the game updates, we'll get the default facegens re-installed. The Steam version is also force re-installing those files even after I remove them.

On the bright side, it looks like the game prefers the Minors ID when looking for pictures within the game, so it's just a matter of having some bloat. Additionally, this means that all live series players will have at least their default facegens for Perfect Team.

My work around is this

I have three FG Folders...

FG_Files (Old)
which is the game's default FGs
FG_Files (New)
which is where my stuff goes
and FG_Files which is the one the game reads

The average user of this mod can probably just skip FG_Files (new) and keep the zip file handy
but I use the new folder to put all my newest work in since I am adding more daily.

then anytime I need to update the game, after the updates finishes installing, I open the FG_files folder and delete everything in it and copy over everything from FG_Files new.

But this is a temporary fix because in the next few weeks I will be helping convert the main OOTP FG collection to this naming conversion as well and it will download "out of the box" using BBRef IDs. I'm just waiting on the outcome of the work Andreas will do to help with the coaching staff FGs
Old 03-29-2019, 11:31 PM   #14
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

I never got an answer about getting perfect team to read files with your naming convention, so I just started brute force copy+renaming files. Currently, I have all live series facegens, as well as all historical facegens gold or better that were included in your zip set up for perfect team. This represents at least 49.5% of all non-live cards in the game. I intend to continue working on this over the next couple days.
Old 03-31-2019, 10:38 AM   #15
bradleycchurch
Minors (Double A)

Awesome work! Being a big historical player as well, I have already a ton of history facegens in my fg folder. If I delete that folder and replace it with this new one, will I lose all the historical guys or does this folder include historical guys as well?
bradleycchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 10:52 AM   #16
qcbandits
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleycchurch View Post
Awesome work! Being a big historical player as well, I have already a ton of history facegens in my fg folder. If I delete that folder and replace it with this new one, will I lose all the historical guys or does this folder include historical guys as well?
It has a lot of historical players but is by no means complete yet. Give it a couple releases
Old 03-31-2019, 11:25 AM   #17
bradleycchurch
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
It has a lot of historical players but is by no means complete yet. Give it a couple releases
Awesome! Thank you
bradleycchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 05:35 PM   #18
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Are there any plans for owner facegens? Specifically Mark Attanasio.
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 06:49 PM   #19
qcbandits
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8 View Post
Are there any plans for owner facegens? Specifically Mark Attanasio.
Absolutely... Since the only person listed as a owner that's appeared in a game to my knowledge us Derek Jeter, I will put them in for the next release. I have just been holding back on staff as a whole until I work some stuff with Andreas to get their FGs to use a better naming conversion.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:21 AM   #20
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Absolutely... Since the only person listed as a owner that's appeared in a game to my knowledge us Derek Jeter, I will put them in for the next release. I have just been holding back on staff as a whole until I work some stuff with Andreas to get their FGs to use a better naming conversion.
Great to hear, thank you!
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote